It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rove says the only way to end gun violence is to take away all guns

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Wow, this should be controversial. Now I know he's not advocating removing guns, he's basically claiming gun violence is a fact of life so we should shut up and accept it. However I think his statement will be very controversial to say the least and true of course. Although if our society wasn't so messed up and superficial and more accepting of people who aren't wealthy then maybe we wouldn't have all these shootings by people who feel alienated.

Karl Rove’s Second Amendment shocker

www.salon.com... ving_guns_is_to_basically_remove_guns_from_society/

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Your link goes to a page with many articles and not one that your referring too.

Not that I care what Rove has to say, but your article and link does nothing to prove your OP's title....

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
....and you have Hillary coming in from the left gun lobby is going to be busy this election.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Things would be far better if we got rid of all Roves, including MC Rove and Ham Rove.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Wow, this should be controversial. Now I know he's not advocating removing guns, he's basically claiming gun violence is a fact of life so we should shut up and accept it. However I think his statement will be very controversial to say the least and true of course. Although if our society wasn't so messed up and superficial and more accepting of people who aren't wealthy then maybe we wouldn't have all these shootings by people who feel alienated.

Karl Rove’s Second Amendment shocker

www.salon.com... ving_guns_is_to_basically_remove_guns_from_society/

As if it isn't controversial when anyone says that guns ought to be removed from society?

Why should it be more or less controversial based on who says it?

Wrong is wrong.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think in this case it's very important!

The OP is very well know to bash those on the Right, and as far as I can see the OP from their own links do not have a viable source to prove the title of their post!

Carl Rove is a well known criminal that FOX news parades off and on with his charts, and I am shocked to believe he said what the OP is saying he said!

I would love to see the proof!

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I copied the link from the article, but here's another one:

www.addictinginfo.org...

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
He (Rove) probably said it as sarcasm to be understood as impossible.

Waiting for the cleverly broken link to appear from magic.

Always use goldfish for bait when fishing.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

working link.

Here's the comment from Karl "Piggy" Rove, taken from the Fox News transcript:

So, we have come a long way. Now, maybe there's some magic law that will keep us from having more of these. I mean, basically, the only way to guarantee that we would dramatically reduce acts of violence involving guns is to basically remove guns from society, and until somebody gets enough oomph to repeal the Second Amendment, that's not going to happen. I don't think it's an answer.

edit on 2015-6-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Addictive Info? Really?

That's not an information site. It's more like The Onion. Rove is right though, the only way to remove guns would be to repeal the 2nd Amendment. What Addictive Info refrains from mentioning to make it look juicy is that Rove wasn't advocating for that step.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I knew it !!!!

“Now maybe there’s some magic law that will keep us from having more of these. I mean basically the only way to guarantee that we will dramatically reduce acts of violence involving guns is to basically remove guns from society, and until somebody gets enough “oomph” to repeal the Second Amendment, that’s not going to happen.”

While Rove presented the argument more as a hypothetical than anything else

no wonder they call it "addicting info"

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Still wasn't advocating for it. Only acknowledging that impossibility of it.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Finally! Something to work with!

Meat and potatos?

So, we have come a long way. Now, maybe there’s some magic law that will keep us from having more of these. I mean, basically, the only way to guarantee that we would dramatically reduce acts of violence involving guns is to basically remove guns from society, and until somebody gets enough oomph to repeal the Second Amendment, that’s not going to happen. I don’t think it’s an answer.

OP's title is exaggerated!

Like I said, I can't stand Rove, but could also never imagine him saying what the OP claimed!

Read it in context!!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
" Rove says the only way to end gun violence is to take away all guns "

DaaHaHaHa

How can a law actually take away all guns?

Only people with guns and bombs can take away guns.

warning: MSM on the Lurch.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Published on Jun 21, 2015

Fox News Sunday host Chris Wallace asked Republican panel member Karl Rove "How do we stop the violence?" in reference to the Charleston, South Carolina church shooting by Dylann Storm Roof that occurred on June the 17th, 2015.

Karl Rove responded that to "reduce acts of violence involving guns is to basically remove guns from society".

Karl Rove: Only Way To Stop The Violence Is To Repeal Second Amendment

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
With all the verbal diarrhea the right says
hopefully Jon Stewart will stay another season.
With 2016 on it's way it's just getting good!

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
...and bricks, and bats and candlesticks, and rope and lead pipes and machetes and cars and rocks.

Good idea.

Oh, yeah, excepting Mr R. and his bodyguards, of course.
edit on 21-6-2015 by Maverick7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I mean basically the only way to guarantee that we will dramatically reduce acts of violence involving guns is to basically remove guns from society

Karl Rove was just playing captain obvious. If one could hypothetically remove all guns from the world, how could death occur by gun?

and until somebody gets enough oomph to repeal the Second Amendment, that’s not going to happen. I don’t think it’s an answer.

Either he said this wrong or is an idiot when we are considering the republican base. He makes it sound like he would not mind the 2nd getting repealed or if it was feasible he would try to repeal it.

If a candidate said this it would be a potential campaign ender.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Fox News fosters "convicts" like Rove, but fires Judge Andrew Napalitano...the last hope for a better Justice system.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I will state that the only way to stop drug abuse is to remove all drugs. Also, it won't be happening just like removing all guns. Let's move on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join