It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for members from Lincoln or surrounding area

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Due to lack of housing (literally non available) I am thinking of moving to Lincoln, NE. I have a great job, but am looking at homelessness due to NO housing available (been looking for 10 months!)

So, I am looking for members who know the Lincoln area well. The economy and housing looks good from a distance, with available jobs and apartment rental reasonable. Is that true? Is it a clean city? Low crime?

I heard that health insurance is lower cost than Colorado.... what about car insurance?

I would just like to know about the city and the economy from anyone who can help. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tinker9917

Its possible...Its possible.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Do you know the area? Have any info for me?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinker9917
Do you know the area? Have any info for me?

Don't bother.

That member is either a bot or straight up hack.

They've been previously banned or have multiple accounts and almost 99.9% of the time responds with the same phrase,

"Its possible...Its possible."

A waste of their time and energy methinks.

edit on 21-6-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Lived in L-town from '96-'03. Have some family and a lot of friends there. The town has grown tremendously since then. It's reasonable. Not as scenic as CO, but you can bike most anywhere. Crime isnt as bad as many other cities its size. You wont get paid a lot, but cost of living is low.
There are much worse cities to move to.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
From the area.
Depending on your career, it can either be a good move or a bad move.

The living is somewhat reasonable, but the lower level jobs don't pay too well if you go that route.

It's a college city with a small town feel to it.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Thanks for your replies. This helps me out quite a bit. I'm headed over there in a few weeks I think just to check it out...

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I work in Lincoln but chose to live outside of city limits. Like with any city, taxes can be on the higher side. With a 2% unemployment rate, there are jobs. Not sure what you are looking for as to a career? Crime is low and the city is pretty clean.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
What kind of work and skills do you have experience with?

Might be able to help with some things.. housing, food, and employment. We are in CO though.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
What kind of work and skills do you have experience with?

Might be able to help with some things.. housing, food, and employment. We are in CO though.

I sent you a private message, I will be waiting for your reply. Thank you so much!!

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: warpig69
I work in Lincoln but chose to live outside of city limits. Like with any city, taxes can be on the higher side. With a 2% unemployment rate, there are jobs. Not sure what you are looking for as to a career? Crime is low and the city is pretty clean.

Thanks for the info...
Most likely agricultural and/or office work.
edit on 22-6-2015 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: tinker9917

Then you will have no problem finding something. Omaha is 45 minutes east and also would be an excellent place to find employment. If you are interested in a smaller clean town, I would recommend Kearney. It is also a University town, but it is an excellent place to live. The hospital and University are the major employers, but they have a little bit of everything...except the traffic.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: warpig69

Thank you so much!

new topics

top topics

join