It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I filmed the massive 250,000 people protest in London yesterday

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The Rothschild boulevard protests were very peaceful. But still, they did not get a statement from their Prime Minister until after the Authorities started clearing the protesters out.

Towards the middle of this video clip one can actually see authorities clearing out the parks.
"...at 4:30 in the morning patrols from the ministry of environment removed the tents and confiscated them..."

Timestop 1:00

But generally this is what the protests looked like.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 21-6-2015 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
Same in my country they waste billions and bail out the rich and now are making plans to raid our savings and retirement funds to pay for it all its time to prepare tar feathers and stocks.

Personally, I prefer rope for traitors, it's a "green" albeit permanent solution to an ongoing problem.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: TechUnique

Firstly, well done with the video and being a man-on-the-ground for the rest of us

Protests are only as good as the grass-roots media engines that tell the world about them when MSM portals downplay them. The authorities always seem to cut the number of protesters in half!

Damn near a million marched against invading Iraq and the Govt trimmed it down to just over half of that. Gotta say my expectations and faith in political protest died on the day we invaded Iraq. We're so complacent that nearly a million marchers should be measured like fricken dog years and multiplied by seven! Did it make any difference? No! Do the people in charge do whatever they want to do? Yes!

Should we stop protesting?? Hell no!!

Thanks for your comment I appreciate it. There is a lot of truth in what you are saying.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Austerity, just another name for fiscal responsibility. So protesting this is stupid, a bunch of losers who want something they did not earn by stealing from the people who work and pay taxes. Keep it up and you will soon be like Greece.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I can sense the trolls and shills closing in with their divisive nitpicking and caustic argument-mongering. Yawn. This site is so tiresome sometimes.

Since whn are people with opinions that differ to yours "trolls and shills"?

I'm pretty sure it's against the T&C's to be starting that shill and troll nonsense!

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
These protests are great. They may not achieve much on their own except as a public display of solidarity but good ideas come about when like minded people get together. You'll see other forms of more direct action come about through these exchanges that may eventually be more effective than anybody thought possible.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
These protests are great. They may not achieve much on their own except as a public display of solidarity but good ideas come about when like minded people get together. You'll see other forms of more direct action come about through these exchanges that may eventually be more effective than anybody thought possible.

Agreed!

Try telling that to the pessimists though, they won't have any of it.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
Do you think there is a limitless supply of money?

Some do, apparently.

why are they protesting the Tories for bailing out the banks, when it was done under a Labour Government who seemed to think money grew on trees?

Well, you do not expect lefties to protest about Labour, do you?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: chuckk

I wish you were talking about the government. They are the ones doing everything you said. Protesting against that is not stupid, and if you honestly believe what you wrote then I sincerely hope you fall upon hard times once the welfare state is gone.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Another communist rally.
These are getting old already.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Screw this im gonna mess this up for everyone! The same people has been promised a refugee spot In Puerto Rico, when they crash everything they will move there. NO ONE IS GONNA COME OUT OF THIS!

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

"Even the police are estimating that there are 'several hundred thousand' marching.
- Sky News

There were a lot more than 70,000 there I can assure you.

What you're doing there is quoting the organisers saying the Polcie estimate, but you ignored the bit right above that quote that said they wouldn't give an estimate:

Organisers estimated that 250,000 people took part in the march from the Bank of England to Westminster. Police would not give an estimate

A spokesman for the People's Assembly, which organised the protest, said: "It is clear this march has exceeded all expectations.

"Even the police are estimating that there are 'several hundred thousand' marching.

I really haven't got time to argue with you today stu, sorry. Way too tiresome and futile.

Because you can't argue it - it is there in black and white.

NO IT IS NOT. you are being ignored... there is a difference.

You haven't provided any support for your 'alledged facts' and want us to believe you. The OP shows more support and references then you manage to do.

Scapegoatting and derailing are the resort of children and fools.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Austerity has inflicted poverty, hardship and even in some cases, death

No wonder conservatives love it so much. They're always trying to do it here in the States and have been fairly successful at it. The ugly truth is that in countries with large populations compared to resources it's just not possible to support the people without lots of government spending. Even in sparsely populated areas where people claim they are self supporting (ranchers, farmers, etc) they still rely on the government for subsidies or helping them market their product.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: supermouse

Funny. There hasn't been any austerity in the UK. What you photographed was a few thousand, mostly public sector workers trying to scam some more money for themselves.

The last Conservative government were the highest spending government in UK history.

Oddly, if they did impose austerity it would increase equality as overpaid public sector and the subsidised landlord class became more equal with the downtrodden private sector.

Cameron: Talk of 'better times' rather than austerity....< Google that line. You saying the BBC tells lies?
edit on 21-6-2015 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

The more they cut, the closer it comes to the tipping point. They would have worked out this point, and would be determined not to cross it. The only problem with that, is that something beyond their control, would push it over that point. War, Riots severe weather event etc. Then suddenly money would be magicked from nowhere. For every bit of currency removed from circulation, their is a downside, to the economy . It needs pumping, not deflating.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

The more they cut, the closer it comes to the tipping point. They would have worked out this point, and would be determined not to cross it. The only problem with that, is that something beyond their control, would push it over that point. War, Riots severe weather event etc. Then suddenly money would be magicked from nowhere. For every bit of currency removed from circulation, their is a downside, to the economy . It needs pumping, not deflating.

You can't pump in what you don't (supposedly) have.

Britain let labour run riot for ten years spending like there's no tomorrow, over £1trillion.

Read this book: Squandered - By David Craig.

David Craig exposes the tragi-comic truth of how New Labour's years of mismanagement have led to a bureaucratization of Britain that has squandered almost unimaginable amounts of our money and rewarded the man responsible with the keys to Number 10.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
The MSM news filmed this, too.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: monkofmimir
Lets be honest here, no one in power cares about your march. 250K is nothing, a march like this achieves nothing other than making all the people involved feel like they're doing something.

If you want the government to listen your going to have to get a lot angrier than that.

The amount of time wasted and money spent could have been used to do something actually productive like supporting/setting up food shelters or helping the poor and homeless.

'I accept peaceful protest, but violence is unacceptable!'
'Praceful protest is pointless.'
...just sit back and accept whatever the government does...
Ah, freedom and democracy

edit on 21-6-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
If they pulled a Rosa Park move, they might of gotten noticed when the government would lose a few pennies.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

The spending of public money may not have been tightened, but the spending of public money on the public certainly has.

Public services are being stretched out and closed on a daily basis. The funding for social safety nets and projects for vulnerable people are being halted and/or shut down.

Come on bro.

Well I suppose that's my point. Instead of campaigning for higher public spending (which we can't afford), you should be campaigning for bigger cuts, targeted at the rich instead of the poor.

So the first thing should be to cut pensions, then cut salaries for the public sector, then housing benefit and SMI, and get rid of tax credits.

Then there would probably be plenty of money left to give to the poor.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join