It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My sister's possible aspartame poisoning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
My oldest sister is VERY sick, and I'm here to seek any opinions I can get. This is long, but please bear with me. Thank you!

She started drinking diet coke, diet pepsi and diet dr pepper in 1998.

In 2004, she lost her eye sight and was diagnosed as having MS, although they couldn't find any MS lesions. Her sight returned upon receiving steroids in and IV.

In 2005, she began having episodes of trembling. The neurologist chalked it up to her MS.

In 2006, she would have spells where her legs would fold and she would fall down, claiming she couldn't feel her legs.

It was at this time, I made the connection with her aspartame use, and urged her to get off of everything with artificial sweetners. She refused to make that connection and continued on with diet sodas.

In 2008, she began having episodes of chest pain. She went through two different cardiologists for holter monitor, ekg, echo, angiogram, blood work, stress test and they found that her heart was fine.

In 2011, she fell severely anemic, needed a transfusion. The hematologist ran every blood test you can think of including bone biopsy to try and diagnose her and found nothing. A gastroenterologist ran every test and they couldn't find an internal source for bleeding. She has been fighting anemia since, and they don't know why.

In 2012, she developed skin vasculitis, LCV, they doctors again ran every blood work, CT scan, PET scan... and they have no idea why she has these vasculitis break outs on the skin. They are like small pimples that open and become lesions, then the lesions heal up and go away.

In 2014, she went for a physical and the doctor had her lay down for abdominal palpation and found out that her Liver and Spleen are BOTH swollen. Here we go again... blood work, scans, echocardiogram, everything... and they have NO idea as to why the liver and spleen are swollen.

Latter part of 2014, starts having itchy skin on arms, abdomen and upper legs. She breaks out into raised bumps, the bumps open and leave lesions again. Says her skin is driving her crazy. She scratches all of the time. Doctor gives her Allegra. Seems to get better, but the abdominal itchiness and sores continues off and on.

As of now, this year, liver and spleen are moderately enlarged, she is in no pain. They just finished running every test on her you can imagine looking for cancers and other diseases.

I honestly believe this is due to her heavy use of diet soda. She drinks up to 1 1/2 to 2 liters per day, and I am not kidding you. She does not drink ANY water. None. Hates water. I think she is being poisoned with aspartame. I am thinking the heavy aspartame use is enlarging her organs and causing skin issues, the trembling etc. She thinks she has MS and some other auto immune issues.

There are no other medicines she takes, other than advil once in awhile.

Please advise, or share other aspartame experiences. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Tatanka

I suggest your sister stop all processed foods and beverages...and eat organic whole foods only. It would be great if someone would be allowed to enter her home and clean it out of all the toxins she continues to put in her body...and stock her frig with healthy whole foods. Also...if someone would bother to cook for her and sit and share healthy meals with her...that would help too.

I hope and pray the best for your sister; I hope she chooses the healthy way of eating and drinking...if she does I believe she will heal.

Also...she needs to drink lots and lots of healthy water.

edit on 2015-06-21T08:49:35-07:00amSundayam2120156America/Phoenixam by caladonea because: edit

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
you can be sure that is the case, the biggest problem is when it is drank after a big meal, it stays in the system longer and its cooked. This turns it in to a real nasty poison that attacks the natural function of the nervous system and anything in the body that uses the nervous system. Only way ahead is leave it all behind and lots of water, to regenerate as much as possible. All the best, start now.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I'm so very very sorry your sister is sick. MS is a terrible disease. I've known two people closely who had it.

I've been drinking diet soda and using aspartame or some other artificial sweeteners such as sodium saccharine since the seventies and I'm healthy.
I don't think a human can get aspartame poisoning unless they practically ate the stuff 24/7.
edit on 6212015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Latter part of 2014, starts having itchy skin on arms, abdomen and upper legs. She breaks out into raised bumps, the bumps open and leave lesions again. Says her skin is driving her crazy. She scratches all of the time. Doctor gives her Allegra. Seems to get better, but the abdominal itchiness and sores continues off and on.

I can honestly say that I am one that chews gum a lot due to my line of work that I do and running a small business does get stressful. The gum does contain aspartame and at least once a day I do get one of these bumps and then I have the need to poke at it till it bursts. Once it pops it kind of leaves a small open sore and then scabs over. I sometimes claimed to myself this could be a result due to sweat glands being clogged. There isn't much itchiness associated with these bumps, but they can be irritating at times.

I do wonder if aspartame is to blame for this. I do not drink any soda...mostly juice, water, and morning coffee.

I also just recalled that I drink about 3-5 energy drinks a week...annually! Just read the ingredients but doesn't say aspartame but does mention AcesulfamePotassium, Sucralose, Erythritol as the listed artificial sweeteners. Maybe they have similar properties to Aspartame.

In either case, I think there could be a link between these skin conditions and artificial sweetener consumption. I should experiement with abstinence of the gum and energy drink consumption and post an update on my skin condition.

Great thread, S&F because it got me thinking on my own health!

edit on 21-6-2015 by Skywatcher2011 because: changed a word

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I had a girl friend that was having health problems (numb spots, dizziness, a lot of other things) and she was terrified that she was getting MS. All she drank was diet pop. I warned her about aspartame and after a lot of convincing she stopped drinking the diet stuff. After a while of not drinking it she was fine. If your sister is still drinking that poison have her stop.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I've been drinking diet soda and using aspartame or some other artificial sweeteners such as sodium saccharine since the seventies and I'm healthy. I don't think a human can get aspartame poisoning unless they practically ate the stuff 24/7.

People are affected differently. One person's tonic is another person's toxin.

I had a friend that drank 6-10 cans of diet Coke daily. ( This was about 6-7 years ago. ) She developed horrible
joint and connective tissue pains. It was agonizing. The docs never even questioned her diet. Not a word.

They thought she was developing rhuematoid arthritis, fibromyalgia or something worse. She had near off-the-chart inflammation. I had nagged her before about the diet Coke, but this time she took it seriously. She quit it and
her horrible symptoms completely stopped in 3-4 days,
edit on 21-6-2015 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I've been drinking diet soda and using aspartame or some other artificial sweeteners such as sodium saccharine since the seventies and I'm healthy. I don't think a human can get aspartame poisoning unless they practically ate the stuff 24/7.

People are affected differently. One person's tonic is another person's toxin.

I had a friend that drank 6-10 cans of diet Coke daily. ( This was about 6-7 years ago. ) She developed horrible
joint and connective tissue pains. It was agonizing. The docs never even questioned her diet. Not a word.

They thought she was developing rhuematoid arthritis, fibromyalgia or something worse. She had near off-the-chart inflammation. I had nagged her before about the diet Coke, but this time she took it seriously. She quit it and
her horrible symptoms completely stopped in 3-4 days,

This is 100% right

Family friend was a diet soda drinker. She had terrible joint pain in the legs. Doctors were more than happy to prescribe her arthritis medication. Then she went on a cruise. The cruise didn't have any diet sodas. By the time the cruise was over, her joint pain disappeared. She made the connection and is now pain free.

BTW 1.5 to 2 liters of diet soda per day is excessive. She is a junky, that stuff is addictive. She needs to do it or herself, just like all other addicts have to do it for their self. She needs to drink water, but you know the saying you can lead a horse to water but....

if she won't drink water then maybe weak unsweetened black or green tea. Absolutely no artificial sweeteners that crap will kill you.

(post by lana64 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: lana64
Perhaps you could do with looking at the basics of health, the cells hold a high content of water. If the water is contaminated (poisoned) new water is needed. The kidneys then slowly but surely filter out the contaminants. As the toxins are flushed ones health improves. Not a guarantee, but certainly a positive step that many have heard of. Yes you will find many varieties of answers here, but my father had aspartame poisoning and the all the hospitals tests didn’t find it. Only my sister and myself traced it back to his diet. Once it was removed, symptoms slowly reduced.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I quit drinking diet soda in 2005. I lost 30 pounds, lowered my blood pressure and felt 100% better all within 3 months. That stuff is absolute poison. I will still drink a regular coke once in awhile, but won't touch diet drinks.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Its possible...Its possible.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I think you are right about your sister having problems due to this poison. Maybe an intervention is need, like they do when someone has a drug or alcohol problem. But as another poster mentioned maybe your sister needs someone to cook the healthy meals and eat with her and drink water with her. Or perhaps your could try slipping her the new coca cola sweetened with stevie. Good luck I'm sorry your sister is so sick I hope she gets better no matter what is causing her to get sick.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I quit drinking diet soda in 2005. I lost 30 pounds, lowered my blood pressure and felt 100% better all within 3 months. That stuff is absolute poison. I will still drink a regular coke once in awhile, but won't touch diet drinks.

Just curious here, but was it the quitting diet pop that made you drop 30lbs or was it a diet change too?

OP, I'm sorry for your sister

I couldn't drink water either growing up, right up to my twenties, it made me gip and nearly throw up, so I pretty much have lived on diet pop since I was a kid (changed now thankfully), and I have had problems , i've just never tied it to aspartame, nothing like your sister though.

It's an interesting one!

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

Just curious here, but was it the quitting diet pop that made you drop 30lbs or was it a diet change too?

I didn't change my diet or lifestyle except to stop drinking diet soda and I lost 30 pounds. I couldn't believe that these 'diet' drinks I was drinking actually made me retain 30 extra pounds.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Count my mother among those who were dying (literally bedridden without a solid diagnosis). She stopped drinking Diet Pepsi (was very hard for her) and she recovered within less than a month. This was back when it was called Nutrasweet still but I'd imagine the story is still relevant.

I'd add more details but I was very young at the time.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I was taken aback by the realization that there are people who are averse to drinking water.
I haven't had a soda in well over two decades. Diet soda tastes like pure poison to me. I can't even swallow it.
I pretty much drink water, tea, fruit juice and beer.
I am in exceptionally good health.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: valiant

I didn't change my diet or lifestyle except to stop drinking diet soda and I lost 30 pounds. I couldn't believe that these 'diet' drinks I was drinking actually made me retain 30 extra pounds.

That is crazy, there's no calories in those things, throws the whole calorie debate open for sure!

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   

You are absolutely right about aspartame

Your sister is foolish for not listening to you or doing her own research

Aspartame becomes formaldehyde

Anyone foolish enough to drink or eat it on daily basis is a fool. And don't listen to fools here who say everything is fine.

top topics

join