It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands mark summer solstice 2015 at Stonehenge

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
He is a troll. An angry one at that.

On topic: I've wanted to make the trip to one of these events for years. Life keeps getting in the way, though. *sigh*

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Temudjin
Humans are an ideal that does not exist, you have ideals that doesn't exist. You live in a fantasy of Camelot, it ideals of how societies can work. You are a monkey in a human costume, the human lives in a society, the monkey does not it's forced. Humans does not exist. Never had. Humans are a chivalry ideal. Nature has only one rule.

Camelot, huh? Like Jack and Jackie? That Camelot?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Thats My point, nature not religion

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Witches 400 years ago, demons 2000 years ago, troll today.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

If you can make it ever I'd recommend it

As I said earlier, the solstices are the only two times of the year you can actually touch the stones, and it's also free entry.
It's an amazing festival atmosphere, and to be honest the people who identify as druids are in the minority, most folk are just regular people enjoying a communal celebration of the solstice. Take your own food and blankets though, there are no facilities open at the stones except temporary toilets.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

so you finally understood

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Temudjin

Who brought religion into it? Not the OP, and even though he mentioned Druids they were hardly a religious group, they were the educated/ruling class in Celtic society who kept their followers through the use of 'magic' mushrooms and the like.
You would have found many folk last night at Stonehenge who are spiritually inclined, but I'd say you would be hard pressed to find many who are particularly religious in an orthodox sense.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Temudjin
so you finally understood

No, actually, I do not. Your posts are indecipherable.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

This is how Homo sapiens should live. Not fairytales of ideals

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Temudjin

Says you.
I'm a dyed in the wool agnostic atheist who doesn't believe in anything, be it gods, angels, souls, pixies, fairies, ghosts, dragons or goblins, but I'll never say people should have the same lack of belief as myself.
If someone's belief harms nobody then I have no problem, and will actively defend their right to believe whatever they like.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Did you know people used to travel from as far as the north of scotland and even from the islands.

Would have taken weeks of travel as they used to bring their livestock for feasting too. DNA evidence from slaughter pits and the bones etc showed that some of the animals being eaten were from these areas.

That or there was a LOT more trading than we thought back then (talking 1000's of years)

But yes was a lovely morning here (i live a few miles from Stonehenge) usually is wet and miserable for the solstice.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

If you can make it ever I'd recommend it

As I said earlier, the solstices are the only two times of the year you can actually touch the stones, and it's also free entry.
It's an amazing festival atmosphere, and to be honest the people who identify as druids are in the minority, most folk are just regular people enjoying a communal celebration of the solstice. Take your own food and blankets though, there are no facilities open at the stones except temporary toilets.

I'm still hoping. It's on my bucket list.

Am I seeing a sock puppet account on ATS lately?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

How the bluestone dolerites were transferred all the way from South Wales 4-5 thousand years ago is another amazing question of history as well.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I say do it definitely, but add a few others to the trip, there are hundreds of stone circles in the UK, the largest being Avebury, although Stonehenge seems to be the most famous.
My local favourite is Fernworthy in Devon, I got engaged to the mother of my son there many years ago during a communal camping feast/party.

If you visit in the Summer with a backpack and a tent you can camp at many stone circles, undisturbed, so long as you take your trash with you.
You will also meet many interesting people doing the same thing

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: OptimusPrimeOne

Its on the A303 you can't miss it. In fact its been there since before even the pyramids were built.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Haha, true!
...off topic but I remember the A303 before it had speed cameras every few miles, it was a beautiful road to drive then, never mind the amazing 4-5000 year old monument out the window

edit on 21.6.2015 by grainofsand because: removed full stop so "window" didn't turn into "_" ATS bug/glitch

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Love this day..So much change

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusPrimeOne
Love this day..So much change

Yes, there will be 4 more seconds of daylight before the Sun sets this evening than yesterday, and there will be 1 second less of daylight tomorrow.
Today is the day of change.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Happy Summer Solstice to those who celebrate it, and lucky you to those who just want to hang out at an ancient human site and drink in the sunshine and history.

lol @ people getting pissed at a mega church celebration that 'aint their own, but it sure is older

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Happy Summer Solstice to those who celebrate it, and lucky you to those who just want to hang out at an ancient human site and drink in the sunshine and history.

lol @ people getting pissed at a mega church celebration that 'aint their own, but it sure is older

You mean ancient elohim site.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join