It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands mark summer solstice 2015 at Stonehenge

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Estimates range between 20 to 30 thousand people attended Stonehenge this morning to celebrate the dawning of this years summer solstice , judging by the pictures of the event the early birds were treated to a beautiful sunrise.

Enjoy the day my Druid friends.

We have the solstice now all we need is the summer !

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
You Druids aka elohim have no power.And StoneHenge is powerless as well. Enjoy the day indeed

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Amazing, even today this site draws crowds.
Talk about standing the test of time. A great day for a wedding!
If only it'll stop raining.

edit on 21-6-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Sorry its raining on you but we have good weather here near Stone Henge so wedding on.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: OptimusPrimeOne

Ha Ha! just the fact that so many people turned up is a demonstration of the power of this sacred site. Unless you visit a henge and feel the peace you miss out.

It also depends on your personal definition of power. If its an inner power of knowing and feeling content - then one has true power. If you think its about influencing others thats another form of power, but not one we all choose as it has a responsibility which clearly is being ignored today by many powerful people.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I've been a few times over the years for the solstice, brilliant atmosphere, no amplified music allowed but plenty of folk drumming and playing other instruments.
The solstices are the only two times you can actually touch the stones, they are still warm through the night from the heat of the previous day. Magical place in my mind, and a bit jealous I couldn't afford the trip this weekend, oh well.

Right now the site will be empty aside from folk clearing up after the party. They have a well organised kick-out time at midday when a good thousand or so security in high-viz kick everyone out, no arguments, no excuses...there will be a lot of folk sleeping in the car park and surrounding fields as I type this lol.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

Ha Ha! just the fact that so many people turned up is a demonstration of the power of this sacred site. Unless you visit a henge and feel the peace you miss out.

It also depends on your personal definition of power. If its an inner power of knowing and feeling content - then one has true power. If you think its about influencing others thats another form of power, but not one we all choose as it has a responsibility which clearly is being ignored today by many powerful people.

That place has no power and does not exist to me..

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Happy Solstice....Druids. Elohim. I think not

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Druid1
Happy Solstice....Druids. Elohim. I think not

You are right they do not exist lol

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I don't personally think the place has any 'power' either, but your line that it doesn't exist to you is a bit silly, the place has been there at least 4000 years.
What are you trying to say? Do you not like Stonehenge or something?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
What are you trying to say?

Stonehenge is bad because Jesus.

Or some other such silliness.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusPrimeOne
You Druids aka elohim have no power.
Who called them Elohim? Only you, nobody else in this thread, why make things up to derail a topic?
This ain't facebook fella, perhaps learn how to discuss without appearing like a troll.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Lol, ah, that would make sense.
I haven't looked through the new members post history though, but if he/she is a rabid Christian then it is likely they would not appreciate an ancient monument where pagan folk feasted through history.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Oh wow you are really gonna stick to the ideals of chivalry even tho you know it's game over? It's a fantasy, they don't exist in reality.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Temudjin
Oh wow you are really gonna stick to the ideals of chivalry even tho you know it's game over? It's a fantasy, they don't exist in reality.

What does that mean? Your posts are, for the most part, completely incoherent.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

We still celebrate it in Sweden like we have don't for thousands of years, we celebrate Christmas the 24th, and somehow these are connected without religion.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Temudjin

Yeah, I haven't a clue what you are trying to say.
Have you had a drink or something?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

What a GORGEOUS sky!! Wow.
I'm there in spirit.
Brightest blessings, everyone.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Temudjin
a reply to: grainofsand

We still celebrate it in Sweden like we have don't for thousands of years, we celebrate Christmas the 24th, and somehow these are connected without religion.
So what?
People have celebrated the solstices for thousands of years.
You know, the return of longer days in the Winter solstice, definitely worth feasting back in the day.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Humans are an ideal that does not exist, you have ideals that doesn't exist. You live in a fantasy of Camelot, it ideals of how societies can work. You are a monkey in a human costume, the human lives in a society, the monkey does not it's forced. Humans does not exist. Never had. Humans are a chivalry ideal. Nature has only one rule.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join