It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholic priests exorcise the entire country of Mexico to drive out demons.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

thank you I have already read that particular one

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

yes the network..
I watched a few videos when they yelling out the window..

the story with your mum.. aww I am no good with this type of thing.. I don't know what to say

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

the story with your mum.. aww I am no good with this type of thing.. I don't know what to say

Thanks. Its alright, everyone is meant to grow old, get sick, and die.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: deathslayer

I know the Catholic church has an agenda for leaking this out to the press; I just don't know why, you see...... In order to exorcise one or a million demons it must be personal and "face to face"

It seems political. Mexico has changed laws against the recommendation of the Vatican and local bishops. According to Catholic News Agency (CNA), it was kept secret until the day after. Then made public. It's kind of a "We're taking back Mexico" rally.

Fr. Fortea emphasized that “when the exorcists of a country drive out its demons, it has to be done in faith. You’re not going to see anything, feel anything, there’s not going to be any extraordinary phenomenon. We have to have faith that God conferred on the apostles a power, and that we can use this power.”
catholicnewsagency

It probably also ties in with the Pope's new encyclical on the environment. Timing, timing, timing.

The Pope also addressed the highly-debated topic of population control, a proposed solution to problems stemming from poverty and maintaining a sustainable consumption of the earth’s resources.

“Instead of resolving the problems of the poor and thinking of how the world can be different, some can only propose a reduction in the birth rate,” Francis lamented.

He denounced the fact that developing countries often receive pressure from international organizations who make economic assistance “contingent on certain policies of 'reproductive health.'”
pope francis blasts abortion population-control-in-new-encyclical

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly

ok yes I thoughts so.

everybody in this thread is saying the same thing as you in different words.

beside possibly one person who posted the video.

or am I reading this wrong. it is your thread I kind of only want to ask you
additionaly if i make it personal.. it seems u should be the expert(?) what should have the priest done or shouldn't in this case(?)

thank u

Of course I can not speak for any church but as a demonologist trained by the Pontiff University in Rome as a layperson I can say that there are three types of spiritual contact:

1. Manifestations - mostly deal with homes, personal areas, large pieces of real estate.... etc (Here is where ghost roam, light and darkness = angels/demons)

2. Obsession - attachment to antiques, homes, play toys, personal items and people. (CAUTION: very few ghost (actually poltergeist (mean dead people) but mostly evil spirits (never were human), can be very dangerous, life threatening. IT starts off slow with knocking on walls, doors, ceilings...... three knocks, eventually things get much more aggressive; they can grab you, throw you around, trash your entire home except their favorite room, items floating in the air, appear in front of you to scare you (if the particular spirit appears before in a known image than that is his/her name.)

3. Possession - for a human - the human must allow the spirit to enter - this can be done through trickery or from a family curse. Evil entity gains control of the body, mind and spirit with one agenda; to kill the human and take control of his/her spirit through the art of fear and terror.

The issue in Mexico is the same for every country around the globe, manifestation of evil. The evil being discussed in Mexico is exactly the same thing ongoing in Syria and other Middle Eastern countries (a world wide epidemic), it is simply given a different name but it is all the same.......murder. The spirit of hate and murder is rampant.

This type of problem to tackle is very difficult and requires days or fasting and prayer before joining together as elders of the church and conduct certain ceremonies and prayers that can last weeks even for months.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

…and eventually you will see your prayers being answered crystal clear.

For me life isn't about getting what I ask for, more accepting what I get.

My moms heart trouble is a result of a life time of choices of her own making. We reap what we sow.

My choice is to attend her in her time of need.

As difficult as that is, it is what others need that we should see to.

Bless your soul.

Your a saint and you just don't know it.

God Bless you and your family

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Not saintly by far, but thanks for the blessing.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Great as if the us did not have enough demons already.

The act of driving them out would send them somewhere else and the likely spot would be the usa.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

That sounds right.

I am often too hard on other Christians but for good reason. Christians are far from being perfect and due to disagreements and mistranslations Christian sects began to spring up global wide teaching new doctrines and laws.

Most Christians have not read the entire bible and you can quickly see this by their limited knowledge BUT do possess the vital teaching of the "Good News".

Overall...... most of us in the western world have to admit that we have gotten VERY lazy with the help of technology.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: markosity1973

Replying twice…

if the pope were to walk into the dangerous part of town and knock on the door of one of the Cartels kingpins, confronting them directly about their activity, that would be more in line with actually helping do something. Thats setting an example. Wishful thinking from afar isn't going to convince any of the bad guys of anything.

Replying to both of your replies;

A) No, I'm not God, but I've seen and heard enough to know fairly well how the element of the miraculous works. If you watched the video you would have seen one example of how the Virgin Mary performed a miracle on his behalf.

B) Practical works are very much a part of Christianity. These are referred to as the Mundane and even non believers can see and accept their value i.e Mother Teresa's legacy of work with the poorest of poor in India.

C)To be defined as miraculous an event has to be verified by a member of the clegy, defined as unexplained by an expoert in the field i.e a doctor or a scientist and again verified as having no explanation by an Atheist. This is how an official miracle is declared by the Catholic Church. Any division on Christianity can talk of miracles, but nobody has a more extensive and thoroughly checked list.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Will the Catholic church ever believe in FREEWILL?

Demons cannot take away man's freewill. A man who believes that he has lost his freewill to demons is merely someone who is mentally unstable.

It's 2015 and we still believe that mental illness is caused by demon possession? Really?

Demons do not possess people. People believe they are possessed and act it out. This is mental illness only.

Jesus drove out demons from people who were mentally ill. He was a healer not a psychologist.

Elijah proved to the people over 2500 years ago that Satan and his demons have no power.

Why are the Catholics still stuck believing that Baal worship generates real power? Do they take the story of Elijah and the priests of Baal as a lie?
edit on 21-6-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

A) No, I'm not God, but I've seen and heard enough to know fairly well how the element of the miraculous works.

Correct me if I'm wrong, no one has seen God. I've seen the footage of "the Virgin Mary" before. The proof it was her is elusive. Surely compelling.

C)To be defined as miraculous an event has to be verified by a member of the clegy, defined as unexplained by an expoert in the field i.e a doctor or a scientist and again verified as having no explanation by an Atheist. This is how an official miracle is declared by the Catholic Church. Any division on Christianity can talk of miracles, but nobody has a more extensive and thoroughly checked list.

Life is a miracle. DNA, an egg, a seed, the womb, cell division… all miraculous.

The human soul, everyone single one is unique, one of a kind in all the universe. Certainly miraculous.

A sunset, a bird in flight, a cloud, an insect… miracles are endless.

Complacency isn't.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

It's good to see you see and understand the miracle that is our existence.

As for say Zeitoun in Egypt, unless you were there yourself yes it does take a certain amount of faith to believe in what seems to be too stupendous to be true. Remember though, the President of Egypt himself saw the phenomenon.

As I maintain, your own personal belief in any of this is up to you. Nobody has anything personal to gain by forcing you to believe. I believe myself because I've seen in person with my own eyes through experiences at Medjugorje.

ETA Moses is the only one said to have been close to God, on the mountain where he was given the ten commandments. The Bible story said that Moses came down from the meeting with what could be described as a sort of radioactive glow that lasted for days.
edit on 21-6-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
**OR**

This is a legitimate attempt to do something for the spiritual betterment of the country.

You must surely be aware of the Vatican's direction to consecrate Russia from Fatima. Whole countries are dealt with on a spiritual matter at times.

I would be far more interested to understand what lead a priest who clearly knows what he is doing in this field to do such a public act.

Hi can you please link this =)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I see God everyday, i just avoid him. Knowledge is a curse.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I can't find any reference to Pontiff University in Rome.

I've looked at the question a bit further. Seems that about a year ago (June 2014), Pope Francis gave a special blessing to and formal recognition to the International Association of Exorcists(IAE). The Mexico exorcism is probably a way of the group flexing it's muscle and gaining publicity, including recruitment of potential new exorcists.

The International Association of Exorcists brought some 300 members to Rome to discuss the impact of the occult and Satanism, which many of them fear is on the increase.
. . .
Father Aldo Buonaiuto blamed the phenomenon of Halloween for a spike in demonic possessions in October.

He added: 'Many say Halloween is a simple carnival, but in fact there is nothing innocent or fun about it - it is the antechamber to something much more dangerous.

'There are always more evil rituals, animal sacrifices, desecrations of cemeteries and thefts of sacred bones at the time of the 31 October.
Participating in Halloween is 'like an initiation into the occult', he said.

'For the sects it is the best time of year to recruit new members. From here the door to the devil can be opened. For this reason its necessary for us to speak out and not play down the danger.'
Exorcists report ‘an extraordinary increase in demonic activity’ as Pope praises their work

“Today, in this age of neopaganism, the need [for exorcists] is ever greater,” says Father Duarte. “But to spread this ministry we need to attract the attention of more young priests. Sometimes bishops want to appoint someone but they can’t find anyone willing. Other times there are those who are willing but don’t get appointed.”
The Return of the Exorcists

The IAE seems to blame neo-Paganism and Halloween for "increase in demonic activity". Unfortunately, neo-Pagans and trick-or-treaters happen to be visible, physical people. People taught to fear the invisible, given enough motivation, may just turn against the visible representations of their fears. Trick-or-treaters may suffer because of taught fears, that would be sad.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Temudjin

originally posted by: markosity1973
**OR**

This is a legitimate attempt to do something for the spiritual betterment of the country.

You must surely be aware of the Vatican's direction to consecrate Russia from Fatima. Whole countries are dealt with on a spiritual matter at times.

I would be far more interested to understand what lead a priest who clearly knows what he is doing in this field to do such a public act.

Hi can you please link this =)

Sure
en.m.wikipedia.org...

The 1942 consecration is considered an invalid attempt by most. The 1984 event by Pope John Paul is the accepted act. As you can see, this is quite close to the fall of communism. Michael Gorbachev, the father of change in Russia came to prominence in March 11 1985, Russia was consecrated almost a year to the day earlier on March 25th.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

All of these men need to be rushed to psychiatrists. Exorcisms, how can we still believe in this? Will Paganism ever die?

Exorcisms are not biblical, they are Pagan rituals.

They actually teach people to believe in powerful demons, simply by believing in exorcisms.

When will we realize that belief in demon possession is clinical insanity?
edit on 21-6-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

All of these men need to be rushed to psychiatrists. Exorcisms, how can we still believe in this? Will Paganism ever die?

Many of these exorcists are psychiatrists.

We have been taught that the Church has all the answers, therefore that which does not fall within acceptable Church ordained experience is "evil" by definition. Many experiences fall outside of Church approval, they must therefore be evil. If they are evil, there must be some evil being responsible. The Bible mentions such a character. As long as the Church and Bible are accepted as authoritative people will believe some things and beings and urges and concepts are evil.

"Pagan" is a derogatory term.

The adoption of paganus by the Latin Christians as an all-embracing, pejorative term for polytheists represents an unforeseen and singularly long-lasting victory, within a religious group, of a word of Latin slang originally devoid of religious meaning. The evolution occurred only in the Latin west, and in connection with the Latin church. Elsewhere, "Hellene" or "gentile" (ethnikos) remained the word for "pagan"; and paganos continued as a purely secular term, with overtones of the inferior and the commonplace.
—Peter Brown, Late Antiquity, 1999
Paganism

If people call other people derogatory names, eventually, the people use the names for themselves, as an act of defiance.

The Ancient Greek word δαίμων daimōn denotes a spirit or divine power, much like the Latin genius or numen. Daimōn most likely came from the Greek verb daiesthai (to divide, distribute).[3] The Greek conception of a daimōns notably appears in the works of Plato, where it describes the divine inspiration of Socrates. To distinguish the classical Greek concept from its later Christian interpretation, the former is anglicized as either daemon or daimon rather than demon.

The Greek terms do not have any connotations of evil or malevolence. In fact, εὐδαιμονία eudaimonia, (literally good-spiritedness) means happiness. By the early Roman Empire, cult statues were seen, by pagans and their Christian neighbors alike, as inhabited by the numinous presence of the gods: "Like pagans, Christians still sensed and saw the gods and their power, and as something, they had to assume, lay behind it, by an easy traditional shift of opinion they turned these pagan daimones into malevolent 'demons', the troupe of Satan.....
Demon-Etymology

The actuality of demons is actually associated with psychology, an internal drive, part of being alive. When externalized (in an I/Thou point of view), a person's demon is in some cases considered guardian angel, really no different in concept.

They actually teach people to believe in powerful demons, simply by believing in exorcisms.

The "powerful demons" are the stuff of dream and nightmare. If a person has low sense of self, the stuff of nightmare can seem to overpower the person's own guardian demon. That can be called psychosis or at least a psychotic episode.

Very much depends on whether one is looking at the world from a Hebrew based religionist view as opposed to "Hellene" or "gentile" (ethnikos) or "pagan".

edit on 21-6-2015 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

I lived in a house like that so.. my mum gave me a blessed bracelet (she is not religious) I didn't know (she lives on other side of the planet and send it as gift. she went to Rome for holidays and bought it as a souvenir for me) I picked up the packet at a post , put the bracelet on my hand and walked into the house. it burned my wrist. I threw up blood. the "thing" did it all. knocking, banging, lights, doors, scratching talking

I couldn't care less if anyone believes or not.

everything else said here. I completely understand everyone's point of view. it is a tough one for discussion

edit on 22-6-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join