It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

large Mystery face found carved into remote Canadian Island

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   

www.9news.com.au...

A mysterious face carved in a remote rock wall in the Vancouver Islands has been found again after years of searching for the feature of unknown origins.

The beachkeeper from the Tseshaht tribe that owns the land, Hank Gus, has been searching for the rock face for two years after it was first spotted in 2008 hidden on Reeks Island in the Broken Group Islands by a kayaker.

Mr Gus said he is not sure whether the almost 2m-tall face is an optical illusion created by Mother Nature or a message from his ancestors

Could be an example of pareidolia or it could be a carved face on a rock-face from an ancient and long-forgotten society. It will be interesting to hear what our members from Kanuckville have to say about this and whether there have been rumors and stories about this face before.

Anyway, short and sweet, and one for those of us who love a good old fashioned mystery.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Well its pretty clear to me its advertising for visitors, he could have got close up and shown its (i cant bring myself to write the word).

But now people will pay to go and visit the face, or they wont.

Anyway, its hardly Mt Rushmore.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

It is pretty easy to see the hint of an eye on the opposite side of the face, so i doubt its a natural feature. Something on that scale, with that kind of definition would usually be indicitive of a temple or a burial site.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Think we've just seen the first definitive picture of mother nature. I always imagined her more attractive.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Think we've just seen the first definitive picture of mother nature. I always imagined her more attractive.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
PAaradoilia?

Not sure, but it Reeks of conspiracy.

the face kinda looks like the face from...umm...it's white...ahhh

anyone ?

Is it saw ??....nah
edit on 21/6/2015 by scubagravy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
It's a rock.

Why does every odd shaped facet of terrain have to be a structure!!!!!

😎

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: trifecta

Of course it's a rock, it's not plastic. But I wonder who carved a face out of that rock?
edit on 21-6-2015 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

I found an old bit of Lore from the area that talks about a Sea God who blew up terrible storms to stop the pale faces from coming to Vancouver. When they arrived, he was turned to stone.

Legends of Vancouver

"It was all rock and dense forest, and unpeopled; only wild animals and seabirds sought the shelter it provided from the terrors of the West Wind; but he drove them out in sullen anger, and made on this strip of land his last stand against the Four Men. The Pale-face calls the place Point Grey, but the Indians yet speak of it as 'The Battle Ground [Page 84] of the West Wind.' All his mighty forces he now brought to bear against the oncoming canoe; he swept great hurricanes about the stony ledges; he caused the sea to beat and swirl in tempestuous fury along its narrow fastnesses; but the canoe came nearer and nearer, invincible as those shores, and stronger than death itself. As the bow touched the land the Four Men arose and commanded the West Wind to cease his war-cry, and, mighty though he had been, his voice trembled and sobbed itself into a gentle breeze, then fell to a whispering note, then faded into exquisite silence.

"'Oh, you evil one with the unkind heart,' cried the Four Men, 'you have been too great a god for even the Sagalie Tyee to obliterate you for ever, but you shall live on, live now to serve, not to hinder mankind. You shall turn into stone where you now stand, and you shall rise only as men wish you to. Your life from this day shall be for the good of man, for when the fisherman's sails are idle and his lodge is leagues away you shall fill those sails and blow his craft free, in [Page 85] whatever direction he desires. You shall stand where you are through all the thousands upon thousands of years to come, and he who touches you with his paddle-blade shall have his desire of a breeze to carry him home.'"

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
So, this guy has been searching for this 'face' for seven years, then when he finds it, he doesn't bother to go for a closer look (which would easily tell him whether it's artificial or not), nor does he bother to photograph it from any other angles....Uh-huh.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Because this odd shaped piece of terrain is found here

The presence of people in what is now called the Lower Mainland of British Columbia dates from 8,000 to 10,000 years ago when the glaciers of the last ice age began to disappear. The area, known to the First Nations as S'ólh Téméxw, shows archeological evidence of a seasonal encampment ("the Glenrose Cannery site") near the mouth of the Fraser River that dates from that time.[1]

I would think that qualifies as worth some minor investigation at least. Wouldn't you?

@Admire
The face is 40 ft up on the side of a cliff.....
edit on 21-6-2015 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Yet more bs reporting.
First they call it a "carved" feature, then they admit that no one has any evidence that it was ever carved.
It's pretty clear to me that this is pareidolia, a natural feature being represented as something it isn't, probably for tourism and marketing purposes.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech

Of course it's a rock, it's not plastic. But I wonder who carved a face out of that rock?

The wind, the rain, other rocks smashing against it... welcome to geology.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
does no one else see the sasquatch .

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

The presence of people in what is now called the Lower Mainland of British Columbia dates from 8,000 to 10,000 years ago when the glaciers of the last ice age began to disappear. The area, known to the First Nations as S'ólh Téméxw, shows archeological evidence of a seasonal encampment ("the Glenrose Cannery site") near the mouth of the Fraser River that dates from that time.[1]

I would think that qualifies as worth some minor investigation at least. Wouldn't you?

@Admire
This was my attempt at humor. I just wanted to taste the life of a naysayer, if but just a moment...

It looks authentic and deliberate to me. I also deduct from the image that the "head", wasn't originally at its current designation of 40ft limbo. Specific features of the cliffside indicate, that it likely was located at a higher vertex, but over time, slowly sank lower into the sediment, due to fractures and erosion. Now it looks like it's settled and found its niche`, at least for a while.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Cool find .

One of the ladies who seen it say the area is next to impossible so if this is man made then it's even more amazing. It is said to appear to be around 7 feet tall.

More info here:

Tsehaht Rock Face

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if it's man made. Their ancestors have lived there for over 10 thousand years (at the very least). Before their culture was stolen from them they were much more connected with these things and the meaning behind them. Glad to see them find a possible piece of their past.

edit on 21-6-2015 by real_one because: Had to get out of bed and edit the link because ATS hates my phone.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

@Admire

Ah. So it is. Still, I don't think it's anything artificial. If you look closely at it, the features are not symmetric, and are somewhat distorted. That's not to say that all carvings are perfectly symmetrical, but still....I'm going with pareidolia on this one. A photo from another angle would lay the question to rest rather quickly. That's probably why there isn't one....

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I used to do a lot of hunting and found that it would be a unusual day if I didn't see a tree or stump ,rock of piece of dirt that didn't look like something it wasn't . Just observing clouds a persons mind's eye will pickup on such forms .

"Here's another weird finding on Google Earth. Somewhere in Alberta in Canada you can spot mountains or large hills that look like the face of an Indian. www.dvhardware.net...

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I think that if there were people smart enough to build the pyramids and other ancient sites, then I think someone could have figured out how to carve a face in rock.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
photoshop

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join