It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Toting Shotgun Opens Fire on Block Party, at Least 7, Including 18-Month-Old, Hurt

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
a reply to: pollypeptide

Here is a report from the BBC yesterday about a man in Austria using a SUV to maul a crowd down and there are reports that he got out and was stabbing people. They report 3 dead and dozens injured.

The big difference here though is the BBC calls the problem what it is. They say the guy was "mentaly unbalanced" not a racist, or a terrorist, or a gun nut, or a vet or any other media spinning, fear mongering, buzz word. The issue with these mass killings is not in what they use or how they kill people but the mental issues in the head of the person doing the killings.

It's not only in America. I've said it before and I will say it again. People will kill people. This has always been like this since people lived on this earth. They will use any means available. Cain killed Abel with a rock. We all have the darkness inside us, some just can't control it.

edit on 6 21 2015 by SgtHamsandwich because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I know of a few posters on here that live in, like I do, or are from Philly..

West Philly, beyond University City, and North Philly in the BadlandsKensington area, are simply places you dont go. Drugs are rampant, crime is rampant , poverty is rampant, cowards are rampant, violence and death are rampant and for every criminal the cops bring in their are 10 more waiting to take his place. Those criminals run the gamut in that area across all races and religion. It's Hell and the people that live in those area are both admirable for trying to stay and stupid for putting their lives and property at risk.

This has been going on for years now..It's not that those areas in Philly are devolving into something horrible like some are claiming on this thread , they have already been that way for a long time.

"The Philadelphia Badlands is a section of North Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States that is known for an abundance of open-air recreational drug markets and drug-related violence"

I know quite a few people that believe, no matter how unfeasible it is, the best thing to do would be to wall off those sections of the city and let everyone who stays destroy each other. The problem is like when you disturb a nest of roaches they will just scurry to all other parts of the city.

I don't know what the solution is.. The Govt could help more but people have to be willing to help themselves and more often then not in areas like that you get stuck in the rut of violence, drugs, death , easy money and despair.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
When it's black on black crime the media doesn't say the shooter was black. They leave race out of it. The only time it can ever be a hate crime is if it's white on black.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: alienjuggalo

I hope this isn't another white guy..

What exactly were you hoping for then .

Just like I said I hope it's not a white guy so everyone can blow it up into a racist thing.

Not that it would be any better if the shooter was black just don't need another white guy shoots a bunch of black people story.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Here's an updated article:

Source: www.cnn.com...

(CNN)Ten people, including three children, were shot at a Philadelphia cookout and block party Saturday night.

According to Philadelphia police incident report, witnesses said "that two unknown black males had fired (at the crowd) with a shotgun at least once and then (drove) down the street in a gold or silver four door sedan and fired several more shots, possibly with a handgun."

"It looks like they just fired randomly into the street and hit whoever was in their way," said Philadelphia police Lt. John Walker. "It's a terrible situation."

Victims' injuries included gunshot wounds to the leg and face. The youngest victim, an 11-month-old, was shot in the neck, according to CNN affiliate KYW.

All victims were taken to local hospitals and listed in stable condition, according to Philadelphia police.

ETA: It was two black males, not a white guy.
edit on 21-6-2015 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Probably gang-related.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: pollypeptide

The same day Sandy Hook happened, China had a mass stabbing of kids at school. You want to nuke China as well?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: pollypeptide
Philly and Detroit. This is getting way out of control now. I'm beginning to feel nothing but shame for being America's northern neighbor. This is starting to look like a race war and I fear that soon it will be civil war. Your country is an embarrassment to the rest of the world and it's about high time you people do something about it. Your government isn't doing anything, so it's up to the people. Personally, I think every other country on the planet needs to completely boycott America and nuke it. Then we don't have to deal with your BS anymore.

Sorry, but this has gone to far. This kind of crap does not happen anywhere else on earth.

Well I guess You northerners would know all about Genocides right? French and British ancestry. Two very well known purveyors of SLavery,militant expansion and killing off of natives in the past. So you would nuke a country over a One-10 percent of the population? ANd the US can survive ALONE its done it before SO feel free to boycott the US. It would give them the excuse to bring out the Advanced weapons that can turn off nukes in their silos. And then truly show the world the grave error of pissing off the country IF they tried to "nuke the US"

Deal with OUR BS? Glass houses my friend . Glass houses. MAybe the US should do liek you all want and let the world burn. when you all look up screaming out save us...then we can look back and say...No.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Here is a map of homicide rates by the un. The US is on par with a lot African countries, Russia, etc. North Africa has less homicides than the Us. You should also lool at the homicide rates in the middle east prior to the two US wars. Its startling.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Apparently they were burning confederate flags today at the Liberty Bell, so i would not be surprised if the block party shooting was a response.

If this was in Atlanta then that would be a very good possibility...as for Philly probably not.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

I am talking about living here in the USA where compassion and caring is the norm...not the exception.

I have no fear. Never have.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: 2wheelvet

I don't watch CNN so I cannot say. My point is to not jump to white on black or black on white racial stirring.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

"The Philadelphia Badlands is a section of North Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States that is known for an abundance of open-air recreational drug markets and drug-related violence"

A little visual of what your talking about.

Enjoy...

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
Here is a map of homicide rates by the un. The US is on par with a lot African countries, Russia, etc. North Africa has less homicides than the Us. You should also lool at the homicide rates in the middle east prior to the two US wars. Its startling.

www.theguardian.com...

Actually no. I remember seeing this map before.If you click on the countries themselves you get the rate. The US is 5 which should be green but of course that was the purpose of such a wide and uneven scale. A great example of a biased report to get the outcome desired.
edit on 21-6-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I think every city has those places.

We have them in KC, and St. Louis has them. If you removed the crime stats generated in those areas from every major city in the US, them it begins to look like a much more peaceful place.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
A little visual of what your talking about.
Enjoy...

Yup..It's hard to imagine how bad the Kensington or West Philly areas are.
Every time I drive through either I wish I was in a tank.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Multixulteralism doesn't work. The costs vastly outweigh the benefits. I don't advocate random shootings but I can understand the frustration at s system forced upon them.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

America leads the developed world with people killed by firearms with 29.7 per million no other nation in the western world comes close Canada has 5.1,Australia 1.4,this doesn't matter though because of 4 cities that apparently skew the statistics or because somebody in Upper Mongolia killed somebody with a yak jaw bone...yes there are places like Mexico and El Salvador where more people get killed by firearms and these places will be mentioned in defense of the indefensible...it is a waste of time to discuss any solutions or reforms Whitman killed over a dozen people back in 1966 and Columbine and plenty of other mass shootings have happened since nothing has happened in 49 years and nothing will happen in the next 49 either if you live in the US you just have to accept that to maintain the second amendment costs about 10,000 lives a year on average.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
Apparently they were burning confederate flags today at the Liberty Bell, so i would not be surprised if the block party shooting was a response.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was another all too typical drive by shooting that is a common inner city thing.... it might even be black on black violence.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Black lives don't matter when they kill each other

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join