It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist Freedom Of Speech Should Racists Be Rounded Up And Jailed? War On Racism?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

Actually as a LEO I don't legislate anything.

Not true. Why has there been an upsergence in murders in Baltimore? Because cops stopped doing their jobs.

How can cops stop doing their jobs if they themselves aren't the one legislating?

So yes. Since you have discretion to arrest or not (remember your buddy cop who had too much to drink and you let him go when you'd arrest a normal citizen?) anyone you deem fit for arrest or not.....you are legislating.

Got it?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I think if there was a law against racism we may see a real racist war emerge.

A war on racism and racists being deemed terrorists I think we may be headed in that direction for better or for worse.

I dont see a down side to wiping out racism once and for all.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane
This irritates me.

We as individual humans with free will should be free to dislike whomever and whatever we like. We do I have to like Jews, Blacks, Chinese or french people.

Why can I not actively not like them? IF I am not causing violence then all is far in love and war.

Its people who label people that are the stupid ignorant ones. So now a person who stands up and say "I do not like black colored people" gets a nice little label of racist. Yet he is peaceful and respectful he still gets the label.

You're free to dislike whoever you want for whatever reason you want. If you dislike somebody because of their race you are by definition a racist. Whatever label is attached to you in that event it's really secondary to the problem that you're a racist.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

I don't know shamrock, didn't know he/she was an LEO quite frankly, but you're generalizing all police while at the same time condemning someone with no proof.

Innocent until proven guilty.. Right?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

NO. NO. NO.

Unless their actions are illegal, they can hold any belief they choose. Thought police? Really?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

"In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it". 1984.

It is people like you, with pitchforks in hand ready and willing to stifle the thoughts of others that scare the crap out of me. Racism is horrible but once you take away the freedom to think for ourselves you take away what makes us human. Like it or not, we have to take the good with the bad. It is what makes everything better in the end. Friendships mean more when we are allowed to express ourselves freely. Family means more, love means more. What you suggest would have everyone living their lives in fear of saying the wrong thing to one another, or else they will be strung up by people like you. Friendships would mean nothing, no one would know whether they were based out of fear. You are the thought police, hiding behind your badge of self righteousness. You make me sick.

Don't you see that you are wrong? When you are willing to wipeout a whole entire group based on your perceived notions of what is right and what is wrong, you are Hitler. So Hitler... this didn't work the first time, what makes you think it would work a second time?

edit on 20-6-2015 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

NO. NO. NO.

Unless their actions are illegal, they can hold any belief they choose. Thought police? Really?

Freaky, isn't it? We are beginning to see some people seriously advocate this, and it's scary as Hell.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

If I wasn't so against state-sponsored education I'd recommend 1984 as required reading

Irony

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
TPTB want racist on the loose.

They want to disarm the people and i do not say take the weapons from the people but the power from the people.

How many years have we had nut cases getting weapons like bombs and guns and killing. About 50 years i know of.

Yet TPTB only go after the non criminal gun owners.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

I would like you to post your definition of racism. Not from a dictionary or a website or anywhere else but your own heart and mind.
I ask this because you are advocating violence. Therefore, I wish to know EXACTLY how you define your target.
edit on 21-6-2015 by pfishy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Unity.

The question is unity. Does it serve the ends of unity that ALL persons, of all colours, creeds, and religions be bound to love one another and respect one another equally, on pain of prosecution? Moreover, does it serve the ends of unity for anyone to be free to spread vile propaganda against entire demographics, to create communities of fascists and xenophobes, to increase the division between peoples who otherwise would live in peace?

And furthermore, how can a law be constructed which prevents the spread of fascism, without infringing on freedom? I would posit that it cannot. Furthermore, a person in jail is still capable of spreading propaganda, still capable of forming or joining a racist gang, in fact MORE so than if left to wander free. So jail is not the answer.

The answer is not jail, not mass extermination, but for decent people to stand up and deny others the right to spread villainy and disunity amongst them. The answer is for people, independent of the law, independent of government, to make clear that intolerance will not be tolerated, that xenophobes will suffer xenophobia at the hands of persons who seek no dominion over others, that people who hate, will be hated, and by greater numbers, and with more horrific outcomes than are described in manifestos, diatribes, and rants of supremacists all over the globe.

The full weight of public outrage needs to be applied to racists, xenophobes, and supremacists, free of the diluting effect of propriety and decency, and those guilty of hatred for its own sake crushed beneath it, without reference to a body, or organisation, or government, but at any and all times, wherever they are to be found. People know where the big faces in supremacism live, they know where they gather, and they know how to find them. That is all that should be necessary.

The details should work themselves out.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You make a cogent point, my friend.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Unity.

Yeah. I tried to mention that recently in another related thread and was met with responses accusing me of being racist.

Your wall of text explains lot, but too many people don't want real unity. They would rather be brainwashed by the media, mostly liberal media to consider this possibility. The ones being accused of being "racists" are mostly what they would consider to be labelled as "hateful", "racist", "bigot" "right-wingers", so there is no possibility of actual rational dialogue with them.

Thanks tho.

edit on 21-6-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Should racists be jailed?

Yes, but only one colour at a time.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

It's funny how most people who scream bigot are actually the living definition of the word.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

I am not proposing rational dialogue. What I am proposing is that communities which suffer the outrage of xenophobes in their midst, should band together and without asking permission, "deal" with those who spread hate. Whether that means a posse of folks from the Southern States going down to a white supremacist compound and totally obliterating it, or a gang of fellows from a project in an inner city, rocking up at a black panther meeting house and mangling it completely, it needs doing.

The idea here is that it does not matter how strong the hatred that supremacists have for others, because those who only hate haters are more numerous, and will not tolerate the madness seeping into their communities. War on racism enacted by government will not work, but communities coming together to excise the cancer of hatred from their own regions WILL work. It will be horrible, it will be hard, it will cause grief and pain and mean that more things than usual are on fire. But what it will also mean is that those who harbour unreasoning hatred will be under no illusion as to how badly they will fare, if they ever dare to inflict their ignorance on others.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

I have to disagree with you here. The United States has retarded over the past 7 years to the point where serious accusations of racism are made against anyone who dares criticize the sitting president. Never mind that many of those criticisms are identical to the criticisms we've seen past, non black presidents subjected to, never mind that they are exclusively based on disagreements regarding policy, spending, and the direction of America, and never mind the fact that the black president was ELECTED (which was something many Americans believed would be impossible in their lifetime)... The average American doesn't have the perspective needed to differentiate actual racism from simple personal differences.

I frankly don't want people who use the same word to describe a critic of Obama as they use to describe a lunatic who shot up a church to have any authority to do anything.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

And I find a point of contention in your statement. I strongly believe the average American can discern actual racism from simple personal differences. But since 'people' is an all-encompassing term, the average American would rather play it safe and just agree with the media, lest they be labeled a racist as well. The claim of racism is such a ridiculously easy trump card to play in modern society. It requires virtually no proof except that the accused be Caucasian. And even if it's proven to be unequivocally wrong, the stigma of the accusation NEVER goes away.
So, I'd say the average American just goes along with whatever is the safest popular route to avoid personal hardship.
edit on 21-6-2015 by pfishy because: Vienna sausages are mighty tasty

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Will it be against ALL racism, or is racism against whites still A OK?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I have to disagree with you here. The United States has retarded over the past 7 years to the point where serious accusations of racism are made against anyone who dares criticize the sitting president.

Yes... Mostly by xenophobes of a different sort.

Never mind that many of those criticisms are identical to the criticisms we've seen past, non black presidents subjected to, never mind that they are exclusively based on disagreements regarding policy, spending, and the direction of America, and never mind the fact that the black president was ELECTED (which was something many Americans believed would be impossible in their lifetime)... The average American doesn't have the perspective needed to differentiate actual racism from simple personal differences.

Well, that there is a problem which has no practical solution what so ever.

I frankly don't want people who use the same word to describe a critic of Obama as they use to describe a lunatic who shot up a church to have any authority to do anything.

Agreed, racist morons should not be able to accuse others of racism with disastrous effect, but the only people doing that are crazy xenophobes themselves and in the minority! There is a significant difference however, between a community coming together to remove clearly xenophobic haters, and what you suggest.

There must be a full, and permanent solution to this problem.
edit on 21-6-2015 by TrueBrit because: Grammar issues

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join