It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eunuchs who were born that way

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

you'll be halfway recovered in 5, 3/4 in 10, 5/8 in 15.

Wait.

You mean 7/8ths in 15 years, right? Because 5/8 is LESS than 3/4......and Akragon will NOT be backsliding after 10 years. I guarandamnteeit.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

You mean 7/8ths in 15 years, right? Because 5/8 is LESS than 3/4......and Akragon will NOT be backsliding after 10 years. I guarandamnteeit.

I used to tutor Math up to Differential Calculus, still used a calculator for simple arithmetic, that's why, in the head just doesn't quite work for me.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I think Gnosticism is too complicated, it has truth in it but it is way too convoluted for my tastes. I'm not a Gnostic and don't claim to fully understand it, but there are bits and pieces that I can understand.

I did some googling and hit on this piece:

Homoeroticism and Gnosticism

The fact of the matter is that the central Gnostic myth is that of the descent into matter, the nexus of this myth is mans entanglement in material perceptions which in turn create the reality we have around is. This model while no necessarily being against the material world does have anti-reproductive ramifications. If matter is the realm of experience and our aim is to return to the higher worlds then anything done to perpetuate that process is destructive. ... The way in which the Gnostic communities dealt with this issue varied from cult to cult, some demanded celibacy, others allowed non-reproductive promiscuity, some allowed non-reproductive heterosexuals in their Ecclesia, many did not. The homosexual elitism of many early Gnostic cults has been ignored by modern scholars,
. . .
The Gnostics preferred queers and that is about as blunt as I can get, while non-reproductive heterosexuals were accepted in many groups the emphasis was on “gender variance”. In ancient Israel there was a whole priestclass, the Qadesh who were gender variant and had a sacred role, their task being edited from history by the incoming Pharisaic warlords.
. . .
While we may argue that each sex have dual identities, this may be true but these dual identifies (Anima/Animus) are locked into a one sex body and hence homosexuality is the ultimate form of self realisation (or self delusion). Homosexuals transform the reproductive program of the DNA/RNA into something new, paternal and maternal instincts programmed at a cellular level are re-rooted away from reproduction into new realms. At least that is what should happen. The powers that be saw the rise of the Gay movement and have worked hard to twist, destroy and mould homosexuals into “heterosexuals who just f... differently” - nothing could be further from the truth.

That would fit in with your thesis of "guardians of the bedchamber" ie. blocking the portal of birth from admitting more matter. Sounds a bit not glamorous when paraphrased that way. On a purely environmental level, yeah, slowing overpopulation without resorting to abortion, sounds preferable.

And as far as a female role being acted upon, it can be seen that way if you consider the fact that without the spirit or animating force within a body it is no longer animated. Just like where there is no wind there are no leaves rustling, only when that wind "acts upon" those leaves do they animate. The body is acted upon by the spirit, the female acted upon by the male.

My impression, as alluded to previously, is that the Essenes, Gnostic Cults, Many Mystery Cults, and even Christianity were male dominated & male oriented, whether celibate, homosexual, or not reproduction oriented ( The Church was 2 tiered even, top tier ascetics, lower tier regular family type folk ).

Somehow or other I end up at Jungian Psychology when all else fails. The book that helped me the most when I needed help the most was written by a woman Jungian psychotherapist drawing heavily upon the writings of Mircea Eliade. I gave the book away to someone I thought would benefit, and I can't remember the name of it. I guess I'll just have to learn Jungian Psychology.

The anima and animus, in Carl Jung's school of analytical psychology, are the two primary anthropomorphic archetypes of the unconscious mind, as opposed to both the theriomorphic and inferior function of the shadow archetypes, as well as the abstract symbol sets that formulate the archetype of the Self. The anima and animus are described by Jung as elements of his theory of the collective unconscious, a domain of the unconscious that transcends the personal psyche. In the unconscious of a man, this archetype finds expression as a feminine inner personality: anima; equivalently, in the unconscious of a woman it is expressed as a masculine inner personality: animus

The anima and animus can be identified as the totality of the unconscious feminine psychological qualities that a man possesses or the masculine ones possessed by a woman, respectively. It is an archetype of the collective unconscious and not an aggregate of father or mother, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, or teachers, though these aspects of the personal unconscious can influence the person for good or ill.
. . .
Jungian cautions

Jungians warned that "every personification of the unconscious - the shadow, the anima, the animus, and the Self - has both a light and a dark aspect....the anima and animus have dual aspects: They can bring life-giving development and creativeness to the personality, or they can cause petrification and physical death".[11]

One danger was of what Jung termed "invasion" of the conscious by the unconscious archetype - "Possession caused by the anima...bad taste: the anima surrounds herself with inferior people".[12] Jung insisted that "a state of anima possession...must be prevented. The anima is thereby forced into the inner world, where she functions as the medium between the ego and the unconscious, as does the persona between the ego and the environment".[13]

Alternatively, over-awareness of the anima or animus could provide a premature conclusion to the individuation process - "a kind of psychological short-circuit, to identify the animus at least provisionally with wholeness".[14] Instead of being "content with an intermediate position", the animus seeks to usurp "the self, with which the patient's animus identifies. This identification is a regular occurrence when the shadow, the dark side, has not been sufficiently realized".

I compare this to Philip Pullman's book The Golden Compass, wherein males have a female demon and females have male demons. Don't freak out about demons. Etymology has it as "of divine origin". It's different from Christian guardian angel in that it's a part of the person, neither can survive without the other.

Even if there is some perceived superiority to not producing children, focusing on that can short-circuit the process of recognizing the dark aspects of one's personality, leading to the delusion that all is light and bright. That somehow one has achieved the goal.

Plus, I think a boy's club type religion is missing out on half of reality.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join