It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eunuchs who were born that way

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Matthew 23
26 Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.

If you clean the inside of the cup, the outside will follow. According to your theology, this also is untrue because the outside (flesh) will never be clean.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

No...

She still loves me... Her family won't let it happen

And of course... Honour thy mother and father... So they can do no wrong...

They broke almost every rule in the book to keep us apart, and eventually she was told that it was her family or me...

Yes... it destroyed me... that was three months ago, and I will likely never get over this one

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

But the flesh will pass away, that is what resurrection is for, to supply a body to suite the cleansed inner part.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

The cup was never changed in the metaphor though, when the inside of the one cup was cleaned, the outside was cleaned along with it.

John says that those who sin are of the devil. You say sin is a choice and that you sin every day.

You're really doing some impressive mental gymnastics.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Sinners are of the devil, but again the difference is in who has the new nature (the Blood of Christ). Non-believers have one nature, and that is sin. Believers struggle with two natures: the sin nature and the new Christly nature. In the end, the sin nature will be removed and completely replaced with the Christly nature.

Its not a hard concept, its spiritual transplantation.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It never fails, the interesting threads get away from me when I take a nap to think about things. Answer a page 1 question, it ends up on page 4.

There do seem to be some people who just don't want to have sex. Asexual or something, I think it's called,

Asexuality
asexuals may identify as heterosexual, lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, or by the following terms to indicate that they associate with the romantic, rather than sexual, aspects of sexual orientation:

aromantic; lack of romantic attraction towards anyone
biromantic; as opposed to bisexual
heteroromantic; as opposed to heterosexual
homoromantic; as opposed to homosexual
panromantic; as opposed to pansexual

Good to know there are labels.

Sometimes it's a recognition of personal limitations, eg. "Can't handle the responsibility of maintaining a relationship". "Sex is fun and all, but, it can lead to complications. On balance, easier to go with less complications."

it could be those people whom Christ was referring to.

Jesus seemed to put a lot of stock in the Kingdom of Heaven.

Matt 19:10His disciples said to him, "If this is the case of the man with his wife, it is not expedient to marry.11But he said to them, "Not all men can receive this saying, but those to whom it is given." " ... and there are eunuchs who made themselves eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven's sake. He who is able to receive it, let him receive it."

Apostle Paul:

1 Corinthians 7 :26because of the distress that is on us, that it is good for a man to be as he is. 27Are you bound to a wife? Don't seek to be freed. Are you free from a wife? Don't seek a wife. 28But if you marry, you have not sinned. ... Yet such will have oppression in the flesh, and I want to spare you. 29But I say this, brothers: the time is short, that from now on, both those who have wives may be as though they had none; ... 31and those who use the world, as not using it to the fullest. For the mode of this world passes away.

32But I desire to have you to be free from cares. He who is unmarried is concerned for the things of the Lord, how he may please the Lord; 33but he who is married is concerned about the things of the world, how he may please his wife. 34There is also a difference between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman cares about the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit. But she who is married cares about the things of the world—how she may please her husband. 35This I say for your own profit; not that I may ensnare you, but for that which is appropriate, and that you may attend to the Lord without distraction.

It seems to me that Jesus and Paul expected the World to somehow change drastically, and freedom from distraction was important to anticipate, or start living the change.

Of course, there could also be those who are able to control their urges and channel them away from the sexual too like the Catholic priesthood wants.

Sexual sublimation, also known as sexual transmutation, is the attempt, especially among some religious traditions, to transform sexual impulses or "sexual energy" into creative energy. In this context, sublimation is the transference of sexual energy, or libido, into a physical act or a different emotion in order to avoid confrontation with the sexual urge, which is itself contrary to the individual's belief or ascribed religious belief. It is based on the idea that "sexual energy" can be used to create a spiritual nature which in turn can create more sensual works, instead of one's sexuality being unleashed "raw."[7][8][9] The classical example in Western religions is clerical celibacy.

But, like Jesus said, "Not all men can receive this saying, but those to whom it is given." That's one of the criticisms against RCC by non-RCC Christians, the assumption that priests can say at an early age whether or not it's been given to them. If more priests resigned over realizing they just don't have it, then the issue would be forced into re-evaluation.

The transference of sexual energy can be quite powerful, not always positive however. Control at that point is also important.

edit on 20-6-2015 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

We've already discussed atonement. Those who are born again are justified and spotless through faith in Christ.

God didn't give sexually active believers "the short end of the stick". All believers are tested in different ways. A eunuch may have the upper hand in some tests where sexual believers don't.

When is the last time you admitted to being wrong in an ATS discussion?

Everyone is a sinner who can't overcomes sin.

I am a sinner, believe what I believe and God will love you.

You are sinner fail to believe what I believe and God will not love you.

We are both sinners but God only loves me, because you don't believe what I believe.

Yes this is twisted theology indeed.

"Sons of God do not continue to sin"
"God does not talk to sinners"

edit on 20-6-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Yet Jesus still says that when the inside is cleaned then so will the outside. If your inside is clean because of the Holy Spirit then why has the outside remained dirty? Your theology does not align with the words of Jesus.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Because the flesh will pass away and a new body will be provided at the resurrection.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Because the flesh will pass away and a new body will be provided at the resurrection.

You can wait until death to overcome sin, you have freewill. Or you could listen to the many enlightened people on ATS who suggest you can use your freewill to overcome sin now.

It's really up to you. It's called faith.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

And Jesus says the outside is cleaned when the inside is cleaned. You're not following the conversation very closely it seems. If your inside is clean then the outside should also be clean according to Jesus, yet you admit it is not.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   

They dont have the burden of sexual temptation, neither homo or hetero

Try Cry to Heaven, a novel by American author Anne Rice (1982).

Even castrati still have a prostate gland. That's why the voice changed for most castrati, testosterone from the prostate.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Exactly.

"With God, all things are possible.... except not sinning, that's totally impossible."

I think that's how it went.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

The BIBLE teaches that we are a fallen race, therefore based on what the BIBLE teaches, some humans are born with deformities and disfuntions.

Homosexuality is not a birth defect, it is a choice influenced by temptation. The more you feed temptation, the harder it is to resist it. That is the biblical perspective.

And ALL OF THAT biblical perspective is ...

crap.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Aren't the 144,000 the Jehovah's Witnesses? I could never understand how all the seats weren't already taken - I mean, really - aren't they sold out yet??? Why do they come a-knockin'?

The last time was Memorial Day, I think. (They seem to come on 'holidays' - like Thanksgiving, and Christmas, etc)...

Anyway, I didn't even open the door - and there were SIX of them prowling the neighborhood!!! I just looked out of the window in the door, the guy held up a Watchtower magazine and asked if I'd like the 'good news about the Lord'.....

and I just smiled and shook my head and said, "No. Thanks. I've heard it."

And walked away from the still-closed front door.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Now obviously everyone in the world knows that there are people born with deformities... even back then, so why would this saying be so hard to swallow?

It is because he is referring to a people who have been slaughtered for just being what they are... for what they were born as...

I always assumed they were exiled into the desert or something like that, like a leper, rather than slaughtered. Plus, Jesus wasn't living in the times when Deuteronomy was written, 700s B.C. or so. You know the reason certain cults separated themselves from cities like Jerusalem, was the cities were so blighted with human filth.

Jesus didn't just touch lepers, he went right into the city of Jerusalem. Dude!

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Yes... it destroyed me... that was three months ago, and I will likely never get over this one

Yes, you will. You will get over it.

It maybe destroyed 'part' of you - but YOU are still intact.
I remember the last time I saw the World's Worst Boyfriend.....
that was nearly 10 years ago. I told him that he'd hurt me so badly that a part of me had died. And that was true....
but
you WILL survive. And you WILL get over it.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Sorry to hear that, I lurked some of that thread.

Half-life on the pain, 5 years. You'll be halfway recovered in 5, 3/4 in 10, 5/8 in 15.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

Now obviously everyone in the world knows that there are people born with deformities... even back then, so why would this saying be so hard to swallow?

It is because he is referring to a people who have been slaughtered for just being what they are... for what they were born as...

I always assumed they were exiled into the desert or something like that, like a leper, rather than slaughtered. Plus, Jesus wasn't living in the times when Deuteronomy was written, 700s B.C. or so. You know the reason certain cults separated themselves from cities like Jerusalem, was the cities were so blighted with human filth.

Jesus didn't just touch lepers, he went right into the city of Jerusalem. Dude!

Deuteronomy is one of the five books... of course Jesus knew of them

Said rules would have applied in his time... and Death was the prescription for homosexuality. Lepers were cursed of God and exiled... but it wasn't an "abomination" to this god to be gay. Even though some of these "abominations" were just ridiculous anyways...

Personally I think Jesus just facepalmed about a bunch of the laws back then

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Thanks guys...

Hardest time of my life so far

edit on 20-6-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join