It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Mud Pit forum VS Renewed effort to end rudeness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Im just curious how this effects each other ............

I can see the reason for having the Mud Pit, but so often the threads there seem in stark contrast to This thread

Started earlier this month

Quote from thread

This will end now. We will no longer tolerate the tactless and the rude. We will no longer allow blanket statements about whole groups of people for no other reason than they offend you.

However, all one has to do is look at the Political Mudpit forum to see that so many of just the THREAD titles directly contradict the mission statement laid fourth in that other thread..

I enjoy reading the banter at times in the Political Mudpit forum, however, I feel like its a breeding ground for exactly what the the above thread is trying to curb...

Is that particular Forum exempt from the new standards?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask
I think it does have a little loser rules, but still see it get censored plenty.

Good question though because it does get heated in there.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Have you checked S.O.'s opening thread in that forum?
"Everything except vulgarity and threats is tolerated".

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
I think it does have a little loser rules, but still see it get censored plenty.

Good question though because it does get heated in there.

Indeed and on both ends of the spectrum of course, there are a load of broad sweeping statements made that are in direct violation with the new ground rules laid down less than a month ago.....

Ive seen some terribly targeted threads from both ends of the spectrum in there, I cant help thinking it seemed a bit hypocritical to decree such a thing but then allow threads and indeed that forum to stand when so often its clearly in direct violation

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I still see people jumping out of line in other threads .

ATS currently does not have enough staff on hand at any given time to moderate every single thread .

I am sure they will get around to it .

Most of the Moderated action probably comes from Complaints and the obvious troll threads .

Rest assure they will get around to it .

But like the other member stated they might be a little less relaxed in the Mudd pit .

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

If you can not take the heat, do not get close to the flame, the mud pit today is a far cry of what used to be back many years ago when I joined this place, back then things were much, much worse, that is why the mud pit was gone for a while.

I got my first flag in that forum when I joined ATS.

But, yes you are allow more liberties in the mud pit than in any other forum.

Right now I chose no to participate openly to avoid too much heat.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

indeed and ive been here long enough to know how it works , ive had friends that were mods etc...

So I know how the system goes.....

My point is that it seems to be in direct violation of the new ground rules..........

My other point is that it seems to foster exactly what ATS says they are trying to curb......

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

If you can not take the heat, do not get close to the flame, the mud pit today is a far cry of what used to be back many years ago when I joined this place, back then things were much, much worse, that is why the mud pit was gone for a while.

I got my first flag in that forum when I joined ATS.

But, yes you are allow more liberties in the mud pit than in any other forum.

Right now I chose no to participate openly to avoid too much heat.

LoL I read em on occasion but rarely do I atually post in there any more, not because I cant take the heat, but because I dont feel like it contributes anything useful..........

Civil debate is all but out the window there lol

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Ha, ha, the comment on the heat was just a joke. But to be realistic I did like the mud pit the way it used to be, but I burned yes I did. You are right too much heat is not good, specially for blood pressure.

I understand what you mean, also, but remember that the forum have different rules.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

indeed and ive been here long enough to know how it works , ive had friends that were mods etc...

So I know how the system goes.....

My point is that it seems to be in direct violation of the new ground rules..........

My other point is that it seems to foster exactly what ATS says they are trying to curb......

Look brotha , Long story short , ATS does what ATS want's to do . Although they do try to keep the best interest of the members in mind .

Give it time , the Reform is still new.

But while we are on the subject , What is your Motive to this thread ? to make something aware or to see change ? is it bothersome ?

I ask these questions humbly and honestly .

Kap

ETA: you say you have been around for some time ? I am guessing this is not your first rodeo ( your account ) ?

Don't worry it this is not my first rodeo , I gave up on trying to refute issues like this .

as the saying goes , It is what it is .

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

This is pretty much it. It's called the Pit for a reason. It's the below decent conversation. Wanna get dirty? That's the place. I hate that forum.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: DISRAELI

This is pretty much it. It's called the Pit for a reason. It's the below decent conversation. Wanna get dirty? That's the place. I hate that forum.

Serious question intrepid. Why did a moderator move a thread to the political mud pit when the recent thread from moderators clearly said threads like that would be deleted and accounts would be deleted for posting such threads? Basically it was an empty threat. "we will delete you. Oh never mind. We will just move it to another area." What a crock.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

I'm speaking for myself, not the staff.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

I'm speaking for myself, not the staff.

I could understand kind of (not really) if a thread was started in the mud pit but the thread I'm speaking of was started elsewhere and moved by a moderator. The whole "don't be rude" thread was negated at that moment.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I could understand kind of (not really) if a thread was started in the mud pit but the thread I'm speaking of was started elsewhere and moved by a moderator. The whole "don't be rude" thread was negated at that moment.

Ooops I see now what is all about, hum, maybe the thread had the potential to be mud pit material? I'm sure it was a good reason.

edit on 20-6-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Then take that up with the mod that moved it. That is not for this thread.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Look brotha , Long story short , ATS does what ATS want's to do . Although they do try to keep the best interest of the members in mind .

Give it time , the Reform is still new.

But while we are on the subject , What is your Motive to this thread ? to make something aware or to see change ? is it bothersome ?

I ask these questions humbly and honestly .

No not at all! Ats does what ATS does and it doesnt bother me at all

the point of the thread was because I was generally curious as it did seem to be a direct contradiction to the direction that previous thread seemed to be heading........

As far as im concerned it doesnt bother me on way or another...........

Again Yeah i was just generally curious......

And no ive been a member since 04 but long ago lost that account information lol
edit on 6/20/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Fair enough
thanks for the honest reply.

new topics

top topics

join