It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is satan a Dragon? Are Dragons Dinosaurs?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Why are there trees that range in age from 80,000 yrs to 10,000 yrs old?
www.wired.com...

Carbon-dating also deemed a freshly dead seal to be 1,300 years old (Antarctic Journal 1971). Should we disregard the observable evidence that the seal just died, and believe that it was actually dead for 1,300 years? Similarly, should we disregard the evidence that dinosaurs lived at the same time as humans, and deem them hundreds of millions of years old?

They don't use carbon-dating on trees more-likely to use an increment borer to be able to count the rings w/o need to cut the tree down. Why did you tell me about carbon-dating?
edit on 20-6-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
To the OP. Any evidence of Dragons, giants or evidence of man and dinosaurs has long been hidden. Modernly by the Smithsonian and or the Vatican. They know the origins and they hide it.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Why are there trees that range in age from 80,000 yrs to 10,000 yrs old?
www.wired.com...

Carbon-dating also deemed a freshly dead seal to be 1,300 years old (Antarctic Journal 1971). Should we disregard the observable evidence that the seal just died, and believe that it was actually dead for 1,300 years? Similarly, should we disregard the evidence that dinosaurs lived at the same time as humans, and deem them hundreds of millions of years old?

They don't use carbon-dating on trees more-likely to use an increment borer to be able to count the rings w/o need to cut the tree down. Why did you tell me about carbon-dating?

Did you read the article you gave me? The article states:

"To figure out the hardy spruce’s age, scientists carbon-dated its roots."
edit on 20-6-2015 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Well on other ancient trees they used increment borer. What if the borer samples confirm the carbon-dating?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Well on other ancient trees they used increment borer. What if the borer samples confirm the carbon-dating?

Can you find me an occasion when an increment borer indicated a tree to be 10 thousand+ years old?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

Can you find me an occasion when an increment borer indicated a tree to be 10 thousand+ years old?

Would love to see his answer lol
edit on 20-6-2015 by OptimusPrimeOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Three months left! AGE OF WISDOM!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Thats what I thought lol

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
omg not this again.How can the earth only be a few thousand years old,how could a magical man in the clouds make everything in 7 days.....how could noah have lived to over 500yrs old........i guess im gonna run out of popcorn so i better go get some more.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

This crater does not require the earth to be hundreds of millions of years old. Can you explain why cultures across the globe, not able to communicate with eachother,

I just want to stop you there mate for a moment and pull this crazy bus over to the side of the road for a minute:

www.sciencedaily.com...

Archaeologists at the University of Southampton have found evidence of an ancient gold trade route between the south-west of the UK and Ireland. A study suggests people were trading gold between the two countries as far back as the early Bronze Age (2500BC).

"It is unlikely that knowledge of how to extract gold didn't exist in Ireland, as we see large scale exploitation of other metals. It is more probable that an 'exotic' origin was cherished as a key property of gold and was an important reason behind why it was imported for production."

realhistoryww.com...

The Norte Chico civilization consisted of about thirty major population centers. The oldest center, dating from about 9,210 B.C. only provides some indication of human settlement in the early Archaic era. But by 3,200 B.C, human settlement and communal construction are readily apparent.

The Norte Chico people were apparently very peaceful people, no evidence exists of weapons or defensive fortifications, and no evidence exists of Human sacrifice. In one of the pyramids they uncovered 32 flutes made of condor and pelican bones and 37 cornets made of deer and llama bones, also found was a primitive quipu. It is speculated that the city sustained itself by cotton farming; this was accomplished by building canals to irrigate cotton fields with river water. This cotton was then used to make textiles such as fishing nets, carry bags, and clothing. These textiles where in turn used to trade for seafood from the coast and produce from the interior, the civilization apparently had wide-ranging trade contacts.

www.penn.museum...

Until recently it was generally believed that the Indus civilization was land-locked and its limited trade route leading to Mesopotamia and Elam lay along through Baluchistan and southwestern Iran. It was even said that there was hardly any sizable international trade which could have intensified the cultural activity of the Indus people. Recent explorations have, however, brought to light several Harappan ports giving a coastal aspect to the Indus civilization and suggesting a brisk sea-borne trade between the Indus people and the Sumerians in the late third and early second millenniums B.C.

Well you see where i'm going with this. oh I almost forgot to add this one:

www.abc.net.au...

DNA sequencing of a 100-year-old lock of hair has established that Aboriginal Australians have a longer continuous association with the land than any other race of people. Sequencing of a West Australian Aboriginal man's hair shows he was directly descended from a migration out of Africa into Asia that took place about 70,000 years ago. The finding, published today in Science , rewrites the history of the human species by confirming humans moved out of Africa in waves of migrations rather than one single out-of-Africa diaspora. The study is based on a lock of hair donated to British anthropologist Alfred Haddon by an Aboriginal man from the Goldfields region of Western Australia in the early 20th century. The genome, shown to have no genetic input from modern European Australians, reveals the ancestors of the Aboriginal man separated from the ancestors of other human populations some 64,000 to 75,000 years ago. Aboriginal Australians therefore descend directly from the earliest modern explorers — people who migrated into Asia before finally reaching Australia.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ
omg not this again.How can the earth only be a few thousand years old

Why not?

how could a magical man in the clouds make everything in 7 days.....

To think of the creator as a man in the sky is a misunderstanding:

"If your leaders say to you, 'Look, the (Father's) kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the (Father's) kingdom is within you..."

how could noah have lived to over 500yrs old...

The human body has all the necessary physiological mechanisms to heal itself indefinitely. It's a completely unsolved mystery as to why we age, it doesn't make sense. Just because we currently don't see people living past 125 does not mean it did not happen in the past, or possible in the future. See John 8:51-58, John 11:25-26, Mark 11:17-30, etc. Perhaps we should listen to the man who triumphed over death.

Regardless of what I said above, the point of the thread is that humans walked with dinosaurs, if this is true, we have to reconsider history, especially the estimated dates of the existence of these animals.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01

This crater does not require the earth to be hundreds of millions of years old. Can you explain why cultures across the globe, not able to communicate with eachother,

I just want to stop you there mate for a moment and pull this crazy bus over to the side of the road for a minute:

www.sciencedaily.com...

realhistoryww.com...

www.penn.museum...

None of these sources demonstrate an old communication network between the old world (Europe, Asia, etc) and the new world (the americas). Which still leaves the question, how did BOTH of these continents develop the same imagery of a dragon, unless they directly observed living dinosaurs? I could understand if these "myths" were limited to only certain geographic regions, but these descriptions and depictions of dragons/dinosaurs span throughout the whole globe.

DNA sequencing of a 100-year-old lock of hair has established that Aboriginal Australians have a longer continuous association with the land than any other race of people. Sequencing of a West Australian Aboriginal man's hair shows he was directly descended from a migration out of Africa into Asia that took place about 70,000 years ago. The finding, published today in Science , rewrites the history of the human species by confirming humans moved out of Africa in waves of migrations rather than one single out-of-Africa diaspora. The study is based on a lock of hair donated to British anthropologist Alfred Haddon by an Aboriginal man from the Goldfields region of Western Australia in the early 20th century. The genome, shown to have no genetic input from modern European Australians, reveals the ancestors of the Aboriginal man separated from the ancestors of other human populations some 64,000 to 75,000 years ago. Aboriginal Australians therefore descend directly from the earliest modern explorers — people who migrated into Asia before finally reaching Australia.

Not sure where you are going with this. the "70,000 years ago" is an estimate, and is a theory, just like Lysergic's example of an "80,000 year old tree" despite no tree ever being proven to be older than 6000 years; dendochronology is a reliable form of dating which counts the number of rings on a tree. Regardless, How is this supposed to disprove that dragons(dinosaurs) walked with humans?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

"Are Dragons Dinosaurs?" I don't believe that petrified bones lie at the root of legends of mythological creatures. I think it's something else, something much more important.

Although I do think that Dragons, Satan and many other mythical beings, like the Phoenix, Pegasus or Plumed Serpents share similar attributes, such as the ability to fly, wings, hooves, horns, feathers, fire and associations with worms and snakes. So its possible that they are different interpretations of the same thing or things acting as one.

If someone had seen the Lubbock Lights a thousand years ago how would they describe it? as Pegasus? a Phoenix? or the horns of the Devil?

edit on 20-6-2015 by Thingy because: ok

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Well, the angels were said to have wings. So maybe god took the wings of Satan.

The dragon has been a symbol of the Chinese for a very long time. Maybe they were not very nice thousands of years ago.

I believe there may have been some flying big birds/reptiles they called dragons though, but I doubt if they were what the bible refers to in Genesis.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Now scientific dogma is just as oppressive as religious dogma once was

I would argue that it is a great deal more oppressive.

Religious dogma, you can argue with. You can refuse to accept it as true. They may burn you at the stake for your unbelief, but they can't force you to change your mind.

What you call scientific dogma (and non-Neanderthals call scientific fact) doesn't allow you even that tiny amount of freedom. If you refuse to accept it as true, it remains true all the same. And when you speak out against it, people point fingers at you and fall about laughing.

Talk about dogmatic, unyielding and oppressive!

edit on 20/6/15 by Astyanax because: of laughter. You always need a little laughter.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Can you explain why cultures across the globe, not able to communicate with each other, all had "myths" about dragons?

Who told you these cultures were not able to communicate with each other?

How many cultures, exactly, have dragons or dragon-like beings in their mythology? Do they all, or even a majority of them, breathe fire?

In what ways do the dragons of the East — China, India — resemble the dragons of mediaeval Christendom? Aside from being vaguely serpentine in appearance, what are the other similarities?

Finally, why have you chosen, for your latest thread, yet another subject about which your knowledge appears to be, at best, sketchy?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Where are the Nagas?

Apparently they are dragons. At least, the Wikipedia article on Dragons Around the World claims them as such.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
the body can heal its-self indefinately.......mmm ok.Just seems odd that the so called noah has been the only one to live that long that Ive read about.Cheers for the bible passages,but I dont read it,sorry. Thousands of doctors would beg to differ to your theory,for some odd reason some people call logic....

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The idea of Dragons being inspired because of a unrecorded discovery would be a good one if unearthed fossil were actually discovered, although I wonder what would become of them if they did.
Although i've seen many assumptions about the Beast or Dragon being a Hydra in Revelation being symbolized with the Vatican or UN if I remember, due to it having many heads with horns and crowns, and the Pope being considered the little one.

Dragons could of been symbolized by different cultures for various reasons, or maybe they didn't even call them Dragons like we do today, like Quetzalcoatl being a "Feathered Serpent" considering no one see a Giant Snake flying like a Pig, unless we are talking about Cops... Dragons in the East are often considered Godly and Elemental, spiritual in some respects and possibly more similar to Quetzalcoatl due to their body shape, while to the West, Beastly like Lions, Tigers, and Bears, as well as Demonic.

Hate to use freedom of speech here, but Dinosaurs have been dead well beyond the first conception of any bible, and even if they did happen to co-exist with humans at one point, it wouldn't matter now.
edit on 20-6-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Norse mythology is worth a read (with a grain of salt):

norse-mythology.org...

originally posted by: hiddenNZ
the body can heal its-self indefinately.......mmm ok.Just seems odd that the so called noah has been the only one to live that long that Ive read about.Cheers for the bible passages,but I dont read it,sorry. Thousands of doctors would beg to differ to your theory,for some odd reason some people call logic....

Jesus was my favorite historical doctor. In Adam's time, people lived a lot longer, and as you proceed through Genesis and the rest of the OT the people's life-expectancy decreases. Which is why it is called the fall of humankind.

originally posted by: Astyanax

What you call scientific dogma (and non-Neanderthals call scientific fact)

You're being rude and specist. My viewpoint is not the same as yours; does not make me a neanderthal. Intolerance is not going to fix anything. But, in defense of neanderthals, there is this:

With a cranial capacity of 1600 cm3, Homo neanderthalensis was the hominid with the biggest brain size.[www.infoplease.com...] The increase in brain size among humanoids topped with neanderthals. Since then, the average brain size has been shrinking over "time".[discovermagazine.com...]

Sounds like the sapien, compared to the neanderthal, is a fallen being!

I'm having a discussion, direct your hate to me as a direct message so the thread does not get derailed, constructive rebuttals are encouraged.

originally posted by: Specimen

Dragons could of been symbolized by different cultures for various reasons, or maybe they didn't even call them Dragons like we do today, like Quetzalcoatl being a "Feathered Serpent" considering no one see a Giant Snake flying like a Pig, unless we are talking about Cops...

Good point. But, Quetzacoatl (earthmatrix.com...) might actually be a furry, rather than a feathered, dragon similar to the ones depicted in Chinese culture. Fur wouldn't show up with fossilized remains, so we have no way of telling whether or not these large lizards had fur. The Incans also depict dragons at their "temple of la huaca del dragon" .

Who told you these cultures were not able to communicate with each other?

If the cultures who had "myths" about dragons in the old world (Asia, Europe, Africa, australia, etc) were in contact with the aztecs, mayans, and other civilizations of the new world (americas), then they would have described this communication in their written records. If there was inter-atlantic/pacific contact it would have been much more prevalent in their writings than, for example, some silly old myths about imaginative, large, scaley creatures

Shouldn't you be happy there is a God and a way out of this mess we're in?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join