It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charleston Shooter's black friend claims he never said anything racist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Here is a video from BBC that has an interview with two friends of the Charleston Shooter Dylann Roof. One of them is a black kid who claims that Dylann's original target was to be the university in Charleston. He told his friends that he planned on shooting up the university and then didn't say anything more about it and they didn't take him serious, but he says that Dylann never said anything racist to him and doesn't feel any different about him today than he did prior to the shooting in regard to race I believe. Here is the link to the video.

Charleston Shooter's black friend claims university was original target

This sure is an interesting twist in this horrific event since it seemed that the media and police were calling this a hate crime before the story even broke. They were very quick to start screaming hate crime on this. I was surprised.

I know the authorities have their reasons for this and now they say that the shooter even made a racist manifesto before the massacre, so why would a friend of his (who is black) make this extraordinary claim after the guy shot up 9 of his fellow black folks?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Ever heard someone use the phrase "I can't be racist, I have a black friend"? It's a common phrase used by PC aware racists.
He wouldn't be the 1st racist person to have a black friend who knew nothing of said racism.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
He was taken over be a demon they are called elohim or watchers.Reasons are they want to take away our guns and a spiritual attack on us.
edit on 20-6-2015 by OptimusPrimeOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Why would he say that he had to kill black people because they rape there women, why cant he just be a racist pig, why do people need to defend him.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mclarenmp4

Ever heard someone use the phrase "I can't be racist, I have a black friend"? It's a common phrase used by PC aware racists.
He wouldn't be the 1st racist person to have a black friend who knew nothing of said racism.

The problem is that it's not Dylan who is pointing to having a black friend, but his black friend denying any evidence of Dylan being a racist! See the difference? I don't think this kind of racism allows for having black friends.
edit on 20-6-2015 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: UnifiedSerenity

Yep, it's the reason I put in the 2nd paragraph "He wouldn't be the 1st racist person to have a black friend who knew nothing of said racism."

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Why would he say that he had to kill black people because they rape there women, why cant he just be a racist pig, why do people need to defend him.

I don't know if it's defending him. He's a psychopath, plain and simple. Just saying why stir up all this race BS if ain't about race but more about killing people and getting the most attention from it.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

very odd how all the victims families had the strength so early on to forgive and this happened in a church.

i think everyone that has ever spent an hour in a church and felt the power that it has over us should ask themselves how he was able to still commit these acts after hearing the word.

It seems that spiritual forces were hard at work with this possibly sactioned shooting.

Churches are designed and proven to remove negitive vibes.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

The counter to that argument would be that priests spend a lot of time in church and I seem to remember the Catholic Church having a wee bit of an sex abuse problem.

Church works for some, like the families of the slain. But not all.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

lol i am not sure i would put catholics in the same catagory but i get the point

it takes an extreme negitivity to withstand the likes of that particular preacher for an hour and still have morbid thoughts

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I think you've got it there. And as such who's benefitting from the big hoohaa about a tragic crazy event?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I am actually surprised at the racism and primitive ignorance of the manifesto.

Looking at this kid, originally, I got the impression that he was a MKULTRA CANDIDATE AND ZOMBIE who couldn’t even fashion a thought.

Or he was a Hinckley type nut not a virulent racist

edit on 20-6-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

It is rather clear at this point it was about race..
Why are we trying so hard to make it not?

This guy was a coward, probably why he never said anything racist to this guy.
He didn't have the balls to, he had to go shoot people in a church.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
so why would a friend of his (who is black) make this extraordinary claim after the guy shot up 9 of his fellow black folks?

If you were a racist and had a black "friend", would you say racists things to him? Just because the black friend never heard him say anything racist doesn't mean he's not racist.

The OVERWHELMING evidence in this case proves that Roof is, indeed, a violent and hateful racist.

Stop making excuses for him

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

I think you've got it there. And as such who's benefitting from the big hoohaa about a tragic crazy event?

That's what I'm saying. Over and over these events just seem like well-orchestrated events with an agenda.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

so why would a friend of his (who is black) make this extraordinary claim after the guy shot up 9 of his fellow black folks?

If you were a racist and had a black "friend", would you say racists things to him? Just because the black friend never heard him say anything racist doesn't mean he's not racist.

The OVERWHELMING evidence in this case proves that Roof is, indeed, a violent and hateful racist.

Yeah, but if he was so extremely racist as you say, then why have a black friend at all? Seems kind of contradictory to the manifesto, doesn't it?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
For me the problem with the video is this:

When asked for his reaction, he says "Dylann did everything he said he was going to do."

But then later claims the church wasn't the target. So if the church wasn't the target, why would the reaction be "well he did what he said he was going to do."

And I'm pretty amazed that neither of those two seems to give a damn that Roof told them he was going to do something and they did jack # about it.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Yeah, but if he was so extremely racist as you say, then why have a black friend at all?

As cover? I don't know. I'm not even going to try to explain this guy. But there is a LOT more about Roof than the manifesto that shows he's definitely racist. The stuff he said to the people before he killed them, the pictures of him, his visit to a slave plantation and confederate landmarks, 1488 scribed in the sand, and his attachment to the Apartheid and confederate flags...

Pictures

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

What's the "1488" about?

And I saw that article earlier. Runs about as counter to the BBC segment as it can possibly get, doesn't it?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

The kind of hate that allows a person to kill would not allow you to be "friends" with the target type.

If I hated gays and killed a group of them I would not be able to stomach gay friends around me.

It makes no sense at all.
The he only shot a few people when that kind of hate should have been a bomb somewhere and much bigger. His calm expression none of it makes sense to me.
edit on 20-6-2015 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join