It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Perry calls Charleston shooting an 'accident'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Well that was quick.

One candidate shoots himself in the foot and effectively self destructs his campaign.
An aid of his claims he misspoke one word "accident" by not saying "incident" instead.
Damage done that can never be reversed.

Jeb's probably having an extra rib at the BBQ as the field narrows.

Source
edit on 20-6-2015 by TinfoilTP because: added source

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Rick Perry is doomed as soon as he opens his mouth it would seem....lol. He couldn't "buy a vowel" during the 2012 fiasco

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Remember at the circus when we were kids and this little old car comes a driving into the tent and with the music blasting, circles the floor a couple of times, pulls up to a stop in the center ring when one little door opens and out jump a thousand clowns?

edit on 30America/PhoenixSat, 20 Jun 2015 06:31:16 -0700Sat, 20 Jun 2015 06:31:16 -070015062015-06-20T06:31:16-07:00600000031 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
It's a monumental case of "misspeak."

At least confusing accident and incident is somewhat more plausible than "I didn't mean to say the attack was courageous and brave."

Though I'm sure it'll come back to haunt him over and over. And over some more.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Rick Perry is a legend in his own mind....and a second dumbass republican governor to come out of Texas in the last few years....geez, Perry makes Arnold Schwarzenegger look like a rocket scientist.
edit on 20-6-2015 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The perpetrator drove a long distance to go to the particular church where he entered armed and intentionally killed 9 people, including a noted minister who was also a state senator that had very recently met with Hillary Clinton. He had the crazed look of a person that was not in control of their own mind.
There was nothing accidental about this case.
Perry needs to retire from public life if this is the best he can manage.
edit on b000000302015-06-20T06:30:42-07:0006America/PhoenixSat, 20 Jun 2015 06:30:42 -0700600000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

In Perry's defense, he also considers;

The Titanic as a boating accident
9/11 as a flying accident
and
Kim Kardashian's butt size as a dieting accident.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer
I think Kim's butt was an accident by way of a plastic surgeon.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Not to go off topic (Perry's a jerk and an idiot) but Kim could do a lot more just by laying off the cheesecake.

All I'm sayin'

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

The perpetrator drove a long distance to go to the particular church where he entered armed and intentionally killed 9 people, including a noted minister who was also a state senator that had very recently met with Hillary Clinton. He had the crazed look of a person that was not in control of their own mind.
There was nothing accidental about this case.
Perry needs to retire from public life if this is the best he can manage.

I sort of assumed he was doing it on purpose the last time around.. As if he never wanted to run, but was told to..
He was my absolute favorite in the debates.. Of course he had good competition hahaha.. Best presidential debates ever, if you don't care about the future of the country. A sad comedy.

IF I was being used as "an illusion of choice" I would make it as clear as possible, that I was not a choice, and that the whole thing is rigged.. Call it reverse paranoia, or something. Optimism. I couldn't help liking him so im biased.

I also think Bush Jr slipped up sometimes on purpose. His wife giving him dead reptillian evil eye for it the whole time, and he maintains his focus.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Not to go off topic (Perry's a jerk and an idiot) but Kim could do a lot more just by laying off the cheesecake.

All I'm sayin'

Never. Lay off. Cheesecake.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I find it curious that one mistake in wording would destroy Perry's political contention, when H. Clinton is more treacherous and corrupt than anyone else in the field for 2016 and still has a strong following. Really shows where the priorities lie in this country.
edit on 6/20/2015 by EternalSolace because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
I find it curious that one mistake in wording would destroy Perry's political contention, when H. Clinton is more treacherous and currupt than anyone else in the field for 2016 and still has a strong following. Really shows where the priorities lie in this country.

It is a question of where the Media elite pick and choose what to cover and what to ignore. Hillary gets let off easy compared to any GOP candidate.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Now I really don't like Perry's political views but these little flubs are starting to be hard to believe.

Does he have a history of making these flubs but they only get covered when he is running for President or does he seem to do this when he is running for President?

I might be a little paranoid but if I was Perry I would watch my food source and who was around me.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

The obvious answer is, she is a smarter national politician with a voting record for gun control and gun rights. Rick Perry has rhetoric and has to avoid words that would tick off right wing Texans.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

The obvious answer is, she is a smarter national politician with a voting record for gun control and gun rights. Rick Perry has rhetoric and has to avoid words that would tick off right wing Texans.

How can someone be for gun control AND gun rights?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
I find it curious that one mistake in wording would destroy Perry's political contention, when H. Clinton is more treacherous and currupt than anyone else in the field for 2016 and still has a strong following. Really shows where the priorities lie in this country.

This. Consider Obama and his "57 states" flub.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Please. Hillary's record on guns is all over the map.

She wants new laws. She wants to enforce the ones we have. She wants bans. She's not sure whether the DC gun ban was unconstitutional or not, but makes fun of republicans who also say they were unsure. You can have a gun, but it should be locked away unloaded and the ammo for it locked up somewhere else.

The only reason she's "for" gun control and gun rights is because she changes her mind whenever it's convenient. At least Obama picked a side and stuck to it.

That should answer your question too, Beezer.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Yesterday, Mr. Obama said felt he was a "PRISONER" in the WH. When questioned, he called it a slip of the tongue. So was Perry's comment worse?

prisoner Obama

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

When I heard about this and saw the news with the man waiting to board the plane, he was so calm and people were jumping around him like he was shackled royalty.

I am sorry to say this but it just seems to me that the elite feel threatened by armed citizens and will stop at nothing to ensure they can get guns out of the USA's public's hands. We are seeing ISIS doing actions so sick they are obviously being done to shock and traumatise us - nothing makes sense about that group nor the actions of this man who sat and prayed with people before he shot them - its wrong somehow and doesn't seem the actions of a hell-bent hater more something choreographed for maximum attention. Like my own prime minister, I wouldn't trust obama because both these men are puppets to the elite and will do whatever it costs public lives to achieve their master's goals.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join