It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is not BS, say goodbye to HeartDisease, Atherosclerosis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I can't sit on this and not spread the word.

a year ago, I heard of a study going around the world that 1 glass of Pomegranate juice a day reduced plaque buildup in Arteries by whopping 20-30 % in 12 months regardless of what you eat or exercise. It seemed too good to be true, 5 % or 10 % would be more believable, but 20 or 30 seemed too good to be true.

I am not a rich man, I can't afford real pomegranate juice every day, I understand people in Middle East drink this stuff and eat dates and all that, but over here in the west it is expensive.

So I bought 3 year supply of pomegranate PILLS, they too are expensive if you go for quality like Pomella, so I bought cheaper pills from LifeExtension, at that time bottle cost you 5 dollars, that ain't the price anymore that's for sure. Anyway be careful what you buy because I believe there are fakes out there, pills with too much filler material and not enough of the real stuff.

I and my father took 1 pill a day for 14 months

HERE ARE THE RESULTS

My dad is off his blood pressure meds, like for REAL, can you imagine a guy 75 year old, chunky, with high blood pressure, now having a pressure of a 20 year old guy, 120-80, no meds. His doctor is besides himself, won't accept the "theory" that pomegranate pills did that. Medical school really indoctrinates these people that only big pharma is valid. I am sure it helped to mix and juice raw peeled red beets with a touch of honey every now and then. Which he did.

I had small angina chest pain, that is gone, and what blew my mind is that my small cholesterol bump I had on my eyelid is GONE.

How cool is that, this stuff works folks.

Juice glass a day is probably the best if you can afford it, but it seems the pills work just as well.

This is not something that will work for you if you are forgetful and keep taking on and off, you need to take this every day Religiously.

umm.edu...

Lets go pomegranate and flip the big pharma a Large Middle Finger.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I call bollocks!

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: mojoharry

Yeah I am the kind of person who wants people to suffer and be lied to

Gimme a break man

edit on 19-6-2015 by PredatorCrackling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Future wars in Middle East will be over Pomegranate LOL, not oil.

IMPORTANT

If you can't get your hands on any kind of pomegranate, I heard that 3-4 grams of pure vit c a day will also over time dissolve plaque and the side benefit is that it also chelates heavy metals out of your body.

Just make sure it is real Ascorbic acid with no bad additives, and make sure you drink 3 glasses of water a day, so that body can excrete all that extra Vit c, buildup can lead to diarrhea

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: PredatorCrackling
NO!

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

I have had a complete ultrasound to identify carotid artery buildup of 50% 2 years ago after one of those lifeline basic scans identified a problem.

I have been taking serrapeptase now for almost 2 years.

I will get another ultrasound later this year and let everyone know if there is any improvement, no change, or worse since I have a reference point with the previous ultrasound. If not, NAC is next.
edit on 20-6-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I've read about pomegranates for diabetes and have been drinking some of the juice. Thank you for sharing your results, food and nutrition is the proper way to reverse disease and keep healthy, its the first thing we should be trying.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Awesome, I love people who share info, I hate hoarders and selfish people.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   

The key to health is exercise and a healthy diet, which is what I do with myself: I am 45 and I don't need to take any medication, as I keep my body healthy in a natural way. Of course things can change and diseases happen, even when you are fit and healthy, but I disagree with people popping pills for everything and anything. I'll give you an example I see all the time: patients come to us, they are overweight, sedentary and they smoke. They are told their cholesterol is high. Despite of what people think, health professionals will promote a lifestyle change before offering medication. But I have seen time and time again patients asking for drugs as it is easier than changing their lives... they just don't understand the side effects. So they start taking statins. One of the side effects of statins is strong muscular pain. So they ask for another drug and they end up taking painkillers and anti-inflammatory meds as well. Anti-inflammatory can have a nasty side effect: they can raise blood pressure. So these patients end up with: statins, painkillers, anti-inflammatory, hypertension tablets..... etc etc..... I can go on with this vicious circle, when all along they could have stopped smoking, start being active and eat better.

Back to your OP (sorry for the rant! lol), there have been studies regarding pomegranate (done in mice as far as I know):

Pomegranate extract reduced aortic sinus and coronary artery atherosclerosis in SR-BI/apoE dKO mice. The atheroprotective effects of pomegranate extract appear to involve reduced oxidative stress and inflammation in the vessel wall despite unaltered systemic markers of inflammation and increased lipoprotein cholesterol in these mice.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Pomegranate juice is rich in tannins, possesses anti-atherosclerotic properties, has anti-aging effects, and potent anti-oxidative characteristics. As some antioxidants have been shown to reduce blood pressure, the purpose of this review was to discover the effect of pomegranate juice consumption on blood pressure and cardiovascular health. Pomegranate juice consumption may reduce systolic blood pressure, inhibits serum ACE activity, and is convincingly a heart-healthy fruit [Aviram M, Dornfeld L. Pomegranate juice consumption inhibits serum angiotensin converting enzyme activity and reduces systolic blood pressure. Athero 2001;158:195-8.]. More clinical research is needed as a number of the studies discussed include small sample sizes and few studies seem to have been undertaken in the recent 5-10 years.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

BUT always consult with your doctor as pomegranate can interfere with other drugs you may be taking.

edit on 20-6-2015 by Agartha because: SPAG!

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Pomegranate juice is great! Make sure you get organic.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
I've read about pomegranates for diabetes and have been drinking some of the juice. Thank you for sharing your results, food and nutrition is the proper way to reverse disease and keep healthy, its the first thing we should be trying.

Yep studies show pomegranate drops blood sugar after a meal.Amazing stuff! Not only that it has very powerful antioxidents that help protect dna from damage the cause of aging..

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing this health tip. I am slowly moving my health care to more natural based preparations. Years ago when studying, part of the course was about naturopathy which was used before allopathic remedies and approach smashed its way into becoming big pharma. I do believe in a holistic approach to health is kinder to our bodies and the supplements that we need are important to try to incorporate into our bodies. The humble pomegranate does my head in trying to peel the damn thing so it gets neglected.

I will certainly give the pomegranate a chance and watch my cholesterol levels.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing this health tip. I am slowly moving my health care to more natural based preparations. Years ago when studying, part of the course was about naturopathy which was used before allopathic remedies and approach smashed its way into becoming big pharma. I do believe in a holistic approach to health is kinder to our bodies and the supplements that we need are important to try to incorporate into our bodies. The humble pomegranate does my head in trying to peel the damn thing so it gets neglected.

I will certainly give the pomegranate a chance and watch my cholesterol levels.
edit on 20-6-2015 by Shiloh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

NAC is life changing! I recommend getting on it asap, changed my life and my wifes.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Also consider Vit K2 as MK7....taking calcium of any kind without it basically leads to calcium plaque in the arteries, K2 as MK7 will acually remove calcium from the arteries and send it to the bones etc...where it is needed.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I'd like to mention that eating nuts and peanuts with your daily diet will help you with any back aches. Of course, it is more to this, such as organ problems if you have them, but I'm in my 60's and I'm on a 3.7 meter extension ladder painting my 2 story house. No problem with balance either. Sardines is a must, not that we already don't know that and any oily fish will improve your energy. Just got to get away from the Pringles, guys.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Actually, for a treat every once in a while try Euphoria, it's a pomegranate based liquor and it's fantastic. Or you could just take a good pomegranate juice or your pom / beets and mix it with vodka.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Actually, for a treat every once in a while try Euphoria, it's a pomegranate based liquor and it's fantastic. Or you could just take a good pomegranate juice or your pom / beets and mix it with vodka.

Cheers - Dave

Sounds like it would taste good but I am sure any health benefits would be gone

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I ate some 'Pomegranate' last year when I read a similar thread on ATS... You want to know what happened? I started to get dodgy feelings around my 'Heart' area and it didn't feel god at all... so I stopped that right away.

However, the juice only may be fine to drink once it's added with water!

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Thanks I am gonna look into nac

top topics

<<   2 >>

join