It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's sixth mass extinction has begun, study confirms

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
Forensick:

I believe the Earth's on a cycle...

This way of thinking seems to be the current balm of denial that won't accept the contribution our activities add to the overall cycles of climate and bio-diversity changes under way. 'It's not us, it's the earth, it's nature'! So goes the cry of denial. The other cry of obtuse denial is 'show me the evidence'! Yet, when shown the evidence, it is rabidly denied and rejected.

Fact is, the earth is always on a cycle, there's never been a time in its very long history that it hasn't ever been on a cycle. However, the earth's cycles generally tend to be slow and long, allowing time for most life forms to make adaptation and to continue to survive and exist. There have been many cycles of change throughout earth's history that have occurred far more rapidly, which denied time for adaptation, and consequently, extinction ensured where adaptation was not made.

Our time for adapting our behaviour came and went, and thus our own demise is assured. We may not fully 'die out' or cease to exist as a species, but all that we are today will be erased. Obviously, we can still deny that which is inevitable, we can deny it with absolute utter conviction, but it won't change the course of the changes we ourselves contributed to.

Our technological prowess is not good enough or smart enough to save us, it will only be able to afford us borrowed time, an extension to our suffering as we slowly begin to contract and shrink and collapse, and as it begins it will gradually increase its rapidity of changes as their effects cascade to overwhelm us.

Yes, the earth is on a cycle, and so are we, and ours is coming to an end.

"Oh, the horror that is man..."

They can't even come up with convincing evidence that what they claim is occurring actually IS occurring, let alone come up with convincing evidence that man has more than a negligible impact on it.

Look at what they're asking for to find the truth.... More control, more power, more money...That itself should tell you all you need to know that it's all a bunch of bullscat...

Jaden

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeopleParty

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Sublimecraft

You may be right.

Wouldn't it be fascinating if we were some genetic experiment gone bad? Aliens show up to Earth with the intent of making a self-aware and sentient race so they genetically modify chimpanzees and out come us. If we pass the test we are introduced to galactic society, if not we are left here. Seems as though we are failing the test as of the moment. Maybe that's why they haven't come back for us.

This is all speculation of course, but still interesting.

Or they made us as a terraforming tool. An inhabital world for us could be the ideal world for them.
would make a good film anyway if there isn't already one about that 😁

There is. It's a charlie sheen movie, don't remember the name.

Jaden

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Syyth007
I know it's a bit of an abstract thought, but what if biological life's "purpose" is to consume, or process, it's available resources for some other function in the universe? What if life evolves to better consume it's host, and it's function ends? It might be considered a rather "grim" view from our perspective, and I can't discern any obvious function from the consumption of resources required for biological life on our planet, but our understanding of the universe as a whole is very rudimentary. It is a possibility this drama plays out countless times across countless planets. Or not.

There is a tendency for people to overlook the obvious when contemplating the apparent horrors of existence. They are here because they must be. Have any of you stopped to think about what perfection would be???

I can tell you. It's entropy. It's total oneness. In other words, it's perfectly bland.

I say to all of you, that the reason and purpose of existence is the very reason that there is death, chaos and destruction and that is to experience the self and to prepare to become a part of the conglomerate consciousness again.

I say that we all chose to be here and to experience exactly what we do in this life because we get to experience the self, something that is impossible in a perfect world.

We crave that perfect world simply because we are in the self and don't understand why we are here. We are unaware (on the whole) of that perfect existence, i.e. have no memories of it, because otherwise we wouldn't be able to fully experience the self the way we can not remembering the perfection.

Jaden

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Man does use technology to survive which is the antithesis of what people call evolution.

Creation of tools,creation of things, creation of politics.governments all to change the environment to suit himself.

No other creature need any of that to survive on this planet.

Ponder just how misguided mankind has become.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

It was called The Arrival. Came out in the mid 90's. Just don't judge me for remembering and knowing this information please!

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

With respect, it's a bit of a leap to say we don't belong on the Earth - as in the whole planet - because we are able to create artificial means to exist outside of our NATURAL HABITAT. Our natural habitat is what we call "paradise" and it exists all across the Earth. We're a tropical species, we should live in forests in warm humid climates where clothing is a choice but not a necessity.

The fact is, we have advantages that allow us more freedom over our habitat than most animals on the planet.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
All we are...

dust...

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Violins... How fitting...

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
"Now don't hang on, nothing lasts forever..."

Nor was it ever meant to.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ffx6554
Alcyone, Alcyone, I know you're reading this site. What are you waiting for? Why must you keep hiding when "you know" most of the world want you to appear. WHY?

I want the human to love me unconditionally, just as a parent loves its children; this has been the whole experimental test. I appear/exist in all that surrounds you, the synchronistic beauty of this brilliant complicated system called "The Library of Life" and how it works together. I am in your complex DNA and you still do not recognize me; in fact so distrust my creation, intentions; I have to appear as a singular being? What best metaphor [universal image] should I take to satisfy all; as I have a sense of humor, (appear as a yellow happy face "have a nice day") over Vatican City?
edit on 24-6-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Syyth007
I know it's a bit of an abstract thought, but what if biological life's "purpose" is to consume, or process, it's available resources for some other function in the universe? What if life evolves to better consume it's host, and it's function ends? It might be considered a rather "grim" view from our perspective, and I can't discern any obvious function from the consumption of resources required for biological life on our planet, but our understanding of the universe as a whole is very rudimentary. It is a possibility this drama plays out countless times across countless planets. Or not.

Simple life that is its only purpose is to reproduce/plankton for example yes. What about individualized beings; those that have a soul that is not part of a group think (oak trees/bees). Its the possibility of genius resulting from those individuated souls that is the adrenalin rush. Will they destroy this planet or save it before the pragmatic final determination/decision is made to end the experiment. This is why things are speeding up; get as much information as possible before the plug is pulled.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
"Now don't hang on, nothing lasts forever..."

Nor was it ever meant to.

I agree; regarding the Human; its nonchalance/arrogance (a right to exist). The idea IT [because existing] automatically remains in existence forever in PERPETUITY; there was never a contract between the Creator and Human regarding this potentiality. This was always a "lets see what occurs, the aftermath; then decide final outcome END OF PROJECT" (where to store the entirety of all of Earths inhabitants combined memories). It exists.
edit on 24-6-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

(post by Vostokov removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I am currently reading up about that very subject. The book is called "The Sixth Extinction"
www.angusrobertson.com.au... rZhF8NPHeHmhDCqCANk5l5eLt1ohoCscDw_wcB#

There is now many a study, books and papers out there that proves that we are currently in the next extinction event.
Its so saddening that we have lost so much, and there are more and more dying everyday. Yet it seems that no one does anything about it. Its all about resources, feeding the greedy of our world - communities, families or individuals in 3rd World countries that are forced into the decimation of any particular species, plant, forest and so on just to survive. Big company making such harsh demands on our environment, destroying it in their race for these resources.
There is so much more as well. Its not just about the decimation of what we have on this earth. But I dont really have the time to go into it more.

edit on 26-6-2015 by The_Seeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Animals will disappear, plants also.
Humans won't.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Egoismyname

Animals will disappear, plants also.
Humans won't.

Without Flora, Fauna (the human inclusive) disappears [you made no mention of future insect viability].
edit on 26-6-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join