It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My new Drug to end drug addiction...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: scattergun

So Suboxone, has a drug in it that affects all opiates but the suboxone itself. I can't remember the name of the drug, but i shot up once while i was on it... bad mistake. instant worst withdrawl symptoms i ever experienced... yeah i didn't do it again, but literally to avoid that # i just didn't have to take my daily dose. The choice was still mine, and besides there was always the option of methadone. Why would I take your magic drug to get out of jail when there are other less inhumane alternatives out there( unfortunately you will combat human rights to force a contract as such as addiction is still an illness, not a choice.)

I'm 5 years sober, I chose it. You can't force people to choose.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: neomaximus10

Ya, when i first started i was put on 24 mgs a day. So 1 pill in the morning afternoon and then after dinner.
At the end of the 3rd month i dropped 1 pill and went down to 16 mg a day. I didnt notice anything from not taking the other pill.
I had no idea 24 mg is a huge dose, and ive been more than fine on just 16 mg.
I dont even think of opiates anymore. When i goto the clinic to leave a urin sample every couple of weeks, i just look at the ppl in there. 95% of them are only there to get their dose to sell off so they can buy more pills. Im sickened that i ever was one of those people.
...but that was another life ago.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Speaking of telomeres, astaxanthin is a natural antioxidant that actually helps protect them. It's what makes salmon pink, and is found in seafood. It also inhibits the COX2 enzyme and is a pretty good anti-inflammatory.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

See I used to dig seafood, used to eat a ton of shrimp and crawfish but being bottom-feeders I'm weary of all the chemicals in the ocean now. I've heard bad things about farmed production as well. I may source the supplement and work it for a half year see if it's worth it. Will do a quick 15 of research on it, thanks.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

haha did someone really think this up and write it?

Unless you are aged under 12 (if that is the case then please ignore me)
but this must be written by someone who is underdeveloped educationally.

Oh dear.....this is what ATS has come too.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Drug and alcohol abuse is a symptom of mental illness, not a cause. You can't treat a problem purely by attempting to treat a single symptom. It's like trying to cure cancer by simply treating the patient with pain medication.

If you want to effectively treat drug and alcohol abuse, then you need to treat the cause of the problem...... which is, mental illness! That's what these so called 'experts' don't seem to be able to get there heads around.

Or you can just keep destroying any chance these individuals have of obtaining a quality of life, by dragging them though the criminal justice system. Waste billions of tax payers money just to make the problem worse.

Legalise the lot, why waste money on prisons and police . Intemperate use of these substances, is a call for help, and self medication, for the disease called "Misery" (hardly a criminal offence). That the society chooses not to hear. Because supply and demand feed the industrial prison complex. I thought it was the sixties generation that was lost in space, apparently not.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join