It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Queen's Guards trample oblivious tourist | Make Way - stupid man

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: KyoZero

Queens Guard, Centurion, same same

Riiiiight~!!!!!! LOL

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

I can see it now

I know Centurions...or likely ANYONE has even said this...but imagine a Guardsman kicking some kid who dripped ice cream on the ground before the Queen.

"THIS IS LONDOOOON!!!"

Then wraps up the day for scones and tea

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

Still, I wouldn't mess with the Queens Guard, they are all serving soldiers and many have been to Afghanistan etc when it is not the turn of their regiment to guard the palaces.
See how this one got involved when the member of the public was just shouting at a police officer outside Buckingham palace:

*Edit*
Fair play to the soldier though, he was just defending his base thinking the guy was a threat, and nobody got hurt that day.
edit on 19.6.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
a reply to: grainofsand
In fairness it is quite easy to not spot about twenty guys in bright red, wearing massive bearskin hats and carrying rifles as they march towards you.....
If only the guy at the front was carrying a sword to make it more obvious to get out the way...

G,day mate
BUGGA you just can't laugh with a mouth full of coffee
so much for my morning wake up brew its all over me
good one bloke

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Saw this earlier, stupid tourist, just be glad these fighting dogs are well trained...

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

A mate of mine did a stint as a queens guard and he said the best part of it was when tourists would be explaing to there kids how they have to keep on guard and never move or even make a sound, whenever the parent would look away he would blow a rasberry at the kid or pull a silly face and when the kid said he did it the parent would tell the kid not to lie as they were not allowed to do it.

He said it was the only way you could get through the day.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Good story, bet it was in days before everyone had a camera on them though.
People seem to forget that under every ceremonial Guard uniform is a regular deployment ready soldier.
...cameras must make that job much harder with prick tourists.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

People seem to forget that under every ceremonial Guard uniform is a regular deployment ready soldier.

I never thought about that he must have left service about 15 years ago now I think about it.

I imagine you could never get away with that kind of harmless fun these days.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

I never thought about that he must have left service about 15 years ago now I think about it.

I wonder if the Guard in the last vid was secretly happy when the tourist put a hand on his shoulder?
It allowed him to respond, get some energy out of his boredom, and teach a prick tourist not to touch a Queens Guard. Excellent control of his weapon and composure to march on when the 'threat' was gone, fair play to him.
edit on 26.6.2015 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

I wonder if the Guard in the last vid was secretly happy when the tourist put a hand on his soldier?
It allowed him to respond, get some energy out of his boredom, and teach a prick tourist not to touch a Queens Guard. Excellent control of his weapon and composure to march on when the 'threat' was gone, fair play to him.

I could not help but put this up...

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Haha yep, same deal with the guard in the vid earlier, don't # with a serving soldier on guard duty.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join