It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Media Doesn’t Want Americans To Know Anything About King v. Burwell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

According to a new poll by the Kaiser Family Foundation, 7 in 10 Americans have heard little or nothing about King v. Burwell, the U.S. Supreme Court case that will, any day now, decide the fate of Obamacare’s health insurance subsidies for millions of Americans. Yet 63 percent of those surveyed also say that if the court rules against the government, Congress should act to keep those subsidies in place.

Got that? The vast majority of Americans know almost nothing about this case, but 63 percent have an opinion about what Congress should do in response to a ruling that carries certain policy implications. How can this be?
thefederalist.com...

I want to point out that the absurd level of underreporting on King v. Burwell extends to the alternative media, not just the MSM. There is nothing on the first page of prisonplanet.com about the case, there is nothing on the first page of rense.com about the case, there is nothing on the first page of whatreallyhappened.com about the case, and there is nothing on the first page of drudge.com about the case.

King v. Burwell isn't getting much notice on CT forums either. Through google searches, I found a total of only about 10 threads devoted to the topic on the six most popular CT forums in the world. None of those threads had many replies either.

Considering the importance of King v. Burwell, it's a wonder that all Americans aren't discussing it and researching it on their own. I think this is yet another example of the mind control exerted on the masses by the media.

I have another thread about the potential consequences of King v. Burwell if anyone is interested (this thread is not meant to be on that specific topic):
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Nice thread OP, but it would be nice if you could link a reference or explain what exactly King vs. Burwell is for those of us who have not heard it.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: cancerwarrior

www.nytimes.com...

www.scotusblog.com...

it's kind of a wait and see game now.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I have wondered about this for a while now, it seems like this was a round about ruse to extort non compliant States into fully embracing the ACA...cutthroat.

The whole system is in jeopardy, I am not sure this one will get the attention it deserves as the system is under attack everywhere, people are being kept distracted by extraneous BS as well as the very issues deserving of attention...by the sheer volume and absurdity of each dillema facing us as a nation.

I feel as always this is part of the over all push towards global governance, which I disagree with under the present central banking dominance in a big way. We as United States citizens are under assault, we arent voting for change we are being thrown into the deep end, swimmin lessons or not.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I think Obama has smacked the face of the SC with the proverbial glove. Gauntlet down, if they rule against Obama there Will be long reaching financial ramifications to ACA subscrbers on subsidies. Contrarily, if they rule in Obama's favor, then he smuggly gets to legally circumvent the law and sets a dangerous president going forward.

What to do, SC?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

My guess is that the media knows which way it going to go. The Supremes are going to cave on the deal exactly as they did in how Obamacare came to be (for the common good) supposedly.

top topics

join