It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever heard this wives tale?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
When I was young I heard a couple times how many old timers believed that looking at a weed plant can make you have a baby. It was believed to be a trigger that set in motion events that could leed to the normal route of pregnancy. I find no references to this on the web and hoped someone may remember such. This along with other design factors have led me to believe that the mj plant could be a contender for the tree of life.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick
Never heard that one.
Is that a Rastafarian wives tale?
I do remember hearing as a child that swallowing a watermelon seed can make you pregnant.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Lead. Not leed. I know it spells lead as in heavy metal too but that's lead. LEEDS is a place though lol.
edit on 6172015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

perhaps but if I remember right I was a child in church when I heard this and it was part of the whole demonization spill that was givin.

My thought is that the plant could resonate at a certain frequency as another planet and that would allow a spirit a pathway to be born into this world.

Should be easy enough to find correlation between the two though.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I don't know that one but I know if you kiss a boy/or girl you'll go blind and if you masturbate you'll grow hair on your palms.
I also know that sweeping east to west sweeps trouble out of your path. If that helps at all.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

Lead. Not leed. I know it spells lead as in heavy metal too but that's lead. LEEDS is a place though lol.

it has been and will always be leed to me

put the word out I am looking for volunteers for experimenting with this theory but i will not be held responsible for child support.jk

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

A girl kissing her elbow will turn her into boy.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I'm past menopause so this branch is closed. Sorry I can't help you with this or with spelling.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Ooo never heard that one but I did hear it was safe to clean out your ears with your elbow.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   

that's funny it seems like an e in the place of an a bothers you more than bad jokes

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   

In this age someone may chop is arm and sue you after the kiss did not produce the desired result.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

It doesn't bother me at all. Seems you don't care to get it right and are even proud to hold tight to being incorrect. No skin off my nose. I thought I was doing you a favor since so many people will read what you write here and instead of getting your point their first impression of you will be incorrect spelling. If that's what you want then carry on have a nice life.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

srry just messin with you but leed is right. I could even handle lede but no way is lead right even if many believe wrongly

since you seem to know spelling then why spell meet with two e's but not leed with two e's

I will leed you to meet them.
lead meat
What rule is in play here?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

This day and age we get sued for all things spoken, written, or thought. Your point, please?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

How is your post relevant to this thread? Very drifty...

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

yea I am drifty but since it is general chit chat and not much intrest in weed being a spiritual carrier for souls I thought we might get an answer to the leed lead mystery.

I would be glad to expand on the op if anyone is interested.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I, for one, would be quite happy if you didn't expand.
2nd.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SIEGE

interesting

so what forces in your life have led you to that conclusion?

any thought on the leed/lead debate?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Oh no...spelling in English is jacked up anyway.
Through:Thru
Bough: bow
Cough: koff
All end ough but one is ooo, one is ow, and one is off. Don't look for logic lol.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Ok. Enough.

I've created a monster ! ! !

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join