It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southern Baptists urged to reject any laws legalizing gay marriage

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

That sounds threatening but i'll bite What are we going to get? clouds full of Glitter? Rainbows?

Probably worse. Like banana splits as far as the eye can see, but WITHOUT whipped cream & the cherry. Oh, the humanity!

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Gurl, take what you want but not my Cherry and Whipped Cream!

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: deathslayer

Very, very anti-American of them. What's next, no 4th Amendment rights for Jews? No voting for women?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: deathslayer

OH NO! Another group of people are going to get the freedoms promised in the Constitution! SOUND THE ALARMS!

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

a reply to: Metallicus

Civil and Human rights shouldn't take a while to catch up on, it's a disgrace and reflective of it's populace

You could always move to China, Russia or somewhere in the ME if the US human rights record bothers you . The would welcome you with open arms.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Civil and Human rights shouldn't take a while to catch up on, it's a disgrace and reflective of it's populace

You could always move to China, Russia or somewhere in the ME if the US human rights record bothers you . The would welcome you with open arms.

Open arms bearing a machete, machine gun or rocket launcher that is.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Why would i pick places that would kill me?

There are other places that actually accept human diversity and all sexuality is treated equal

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker

originally posted by: Klassified

Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves.

"We must obey God rather than men."

According to those verses. Obeying the authorities IS obeying God, and Paul never included an "unless" in that chapter. So according to Paul, Peter disobeyed God by disobeying the authorities. As to Romans 13:13, I didn't forget it at all. Where is there a law in the U.S. that says you must practice homosexuality? There isn't one. All it says is they get equal treatment and status under the law. And what did Paul say about Judging those outside the church?
1Cor. 5

12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? 13 But those who are outside God judges.

I find it interesting that early Christians had no issue with polygamy or owning slaves, but being gay would get you killed.

I wont get into a Bible debate because that could take all night. My point is the SB's have a right to reject the laws regarding gay marriage because it is against God's law and Biblical teachings. Any laws that go against Biblical teachings by default must be rejected.

And for the record I haven't judged anyone. God has already judged the gay community and they will get what they deserve when the time comes.

Well, please keep your personal beliefs to yourself and your church. You have no right to interfere in the laws for OTHER free peoples. That is persecution. This isn't a theocracy.

I never said anything about interfering in the laws of anyone, I have no idea where you got that from. All I said was that the SB's have a right to reject the laws regarding gay marriage, that's what this thread is about right? Persecution, lol.
edit on 18-6-2015 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

edit on 18-6-2015 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

All I said was that the SB's have a right to reject the laws regarding gay marriage, that's what this thread is about right?

It's fine for SBs to reject marriage equality. I mean, they have rejected it so far. No reason to think they'll start accepting it now and no one is asking them to. The only people affected by a positive Supreme Court ruling would be gay people. No one is going to force Baptists to marry someone of the same gender. They can "reject" the law all they want.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: Klassified

Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves.

"We must obey God rather than men."

According to those verses. Obeying the authorities IS obeying God, and Paul never included an "unless" in that chapter. So according to Paul, Peter disobeyed God by disobeying the authorities. As to Romans 13:13, I didn't forget it at all. Where is there a law in the U.S. that says you must practice homosexuality? There isn't one. All it says is they get equal treatment and status under the law. And what did Paul say about Judging those outside the church?
1Cor. 5

12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? 13 But those who are outside God judges.

I find it interesting that early Christians had no issue with polygamy or owning slaves, but being gay would get you killed.

I wont get into a Bible debate because that could take all night. My point is the SB's have a right to reject the laws regarding gay marriage because it is against God's law and Biblical teachings. Any laws that go against Biblical teachings by default must be rejected.

And for the record I haven't judged anyone. God has already judged the gay community and they will get what they deserve when the time comes.

Well, please keep your personal beliefs to yourself and your church. You have no right to interfere in the laws for OTHER free peoples. That is persecution. This isn't a theocracy.

I never said anything about interfering in the laws of anyone, I have no idea where you got that from. All I said was that the SB's have a right to reject the laws regarding gay marriage, that's what this thread is about right? Persecution, lol.

What does "rejecting" the laws even mean? If you are in fact "rejecting" laws meant to provide rights to SOMEONE else, you are in fact trying to persecute them.

You have the right to internally not accept their marriage or whatever. But what does it even mean to "reject" laws regarding someone else?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

What do you call it when you don't want to have sexual congress with someone of the same gender?

Choice.

Just like any unwanted sexual proposition.

Just say no.

Sometimes it's funny to make up stories that scare them away.
edit on 18-6-2015 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Like banana splits as far as the eye can see, but WITHOUT whipped cream & the cherry. Oh, the humanity!

Here you go. You can pause it if it gets too terrible.

edit on 18-6-2015 by pthena because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join