It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hallo Spaceboy – Exploring the Era of the ‘Contactees’

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

however disinformation is shrill and will often attempt to distract, use ad hominem attack, engage emotions and the ego. Do you see anyone on here doing that?

Hmm...you mean like someone suggesting I'm not doing a good job taking care of my dying father?

Gee, I don't see anything like that.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

By calling people "shrills" and accusing people of disinformation, you do exactly that.

Zeta, I'm afraid you are confusing words here. He said shrill, he didn't call them shills. They are two very different words, shrill is an adjective meaning "a piercing, sharp, or high-pitched sound".

Good to see you anyway. Hope all is well.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Say what?

Firstly if his father needed help getting up or what ever it was (it was a month or more ago) I find it strange he would actually take the time to post that instead simply not post and help.

I hope everyone here can see how disgusting this person is.

People can read what I wrote just fine, hit the alert if it disgusts you and let the mods deal with it.

I was going to alert the mods simply because this thread has gone so far off topic (I'm guilty as charged as well) its become a joke, yet you want to keep going.

you don't need to quote me, reply to me and not say anything to me but speak to the so called crowd.

I guess you don't accept my apology or further explanation of what I actually meant to say?

You think I lack a conscience so I will play that part just for you, I couldn't care less if you do or don't, it was sincere but you just don't want see things any other way and keep playing whatever game it is you're playing.

I made things personal from the start because you brought your personal experiences into the subject matter (not your father, but your initial claims which I questioned as others did and brought forth things of a personal and psychological manner which you wont touch as it might discredit that which you have yet to share), you sir just like to throw tantrums and call others rude and disgusting for your own pleasure.

You have nothing of substance other than vague 'look at me' statements to add, you mention your families story was on Larry King, can you say which one for those with interest in your story might have something to look at or just tooting your own horn with vague addition you brought to the table again vying for more attention from the crowd?

You say they are regarded as significant and were on TV so why is so hard to add some links or pointing readers in the right direction instead of saying what you have so one has to search and assume is this or that what Scdfa was mentioning?

No you cant that because everyone is out to debunk you.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

I made things personal from the start because you brought your personal experiences into the subject matter (not your father, but your initial claims which I questioned as others did and brought forth things of a personal and psychological manner which you wont touch as it might discredit that which you have yet to share),

Yes, this poster has made thing very personal indeed.

And I agree there may be issues of a psychological manner that could discredit one of us. As to whom, I will leave that for the reader to decide.

Now, moving back on-topic. This thread is about the era of "contactees", and I have been a contactee / abductee since the mid-1960's, so my experiences should be relevant, but I have been sidelined into defending myself from a series of attacks that had nothing to do with my experiences.

If I were a suspicious person, I might think that I was being baited or goaded into responding in an equally inappropriate manner that might get me banned from ATS. I won't take that bait.

Please, mm, here is your thread back, I look forward to where the conversation goes.

(But I'm willing to bet they aren't done with me yet).
edit on 1-7-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Scdfa

Please, mm, here is your thread back, I look forward to where the conversation goes.

Well thank you Scdfella.

Can I ask if anyone else takes offence at what another poster says about them they raise the issue with the Mods from now on. I really would like to drag this thread back on topic now. Because Steem made a good point way back in the thread about Tesla and the Heaven's Gate cults which I would like to look into and come back to on the thread a bit later.

In the meantime if Steem or anyone else wants to elaborate then please feel free to do so.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
a reply to: Scdfa

Well thank you Scdfella.

Can I ask if anyone else takes offence at what another poster says about them they raise the issue with the Mods from now on. I really would like to drag this thread back on topic now. Because Steem made a good point way back in the thread about Tesla and the Heaven's Gate cults which I would like to look into and come back to on the thread a bit later.

In the meantime if Steem or anyone else wants to elaborate then please feel free to do so.

Is there any record or proof that Tesla said he was receiving messages/communication from EBE's? If there was, that would be very compelling.

edit on 1-7-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Such a great thread OP. Its why many of us are here. Good job.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

According to the Tesla Society

Nikola Tesla built a laboratory in Colorado Springs, Colorado, in 1899, to experiment with high frequency electricity and other phenomena. In that laboratory he received and recorded on his sensitive instruments, cosmic radio waves. He announced that he received extraterrestrial radio signals. The scientific community in 1899 did not believe him, because knowledge of cosmic radio signals did not exist at that time.

Source : teslasociety.com

So technically the signals WERE extraterrestrial but not from an intelligent life form.

Now maybe there are other claims. But I have no knowledge of them. I'm currently checking out the Heaven's Gate thing because that was very weird and for almost all of us on here "in living memory".

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
ATTENTION:

Believe it or not it is possible to disagree or even engage in heated debate without making it personal. Please do so! Civility is not optional here.

If not post removals and posting ban's may follow.

Do not reply to this post.

Blaine91555
Super Moderator and Member

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: STEEM
Great post!! What about Tesla he claimed to be receiving messages from aliens, held what, 700 patents?

Heavens gate guy, didn't he cut off his own manhood? If that's not mind control what is, lol. But yeah he was totally insane..

You'll need to help me out on the Tesla receiving messages from aliens as I don't know anything more than what I've posted in this part of the thread.

As for the Heaven's Gate Cult. You are correct. They still have a website set up by the 'surviving' members

findi ngdulcinea.com

Heaven’s Gate was started in the 1970s as “Human Individual Metomorpheses” by Marshall Herf Applewhite, a mentally disturbed former music teacher, and Bonnie Nettles........... Applewhite would continue the movement himself after Nettles died in 1985 of liver cancer. Applewhite preached that he and Nettles were human incarnations of aliens and that he was an incarnation of Christ. Furthermore, he said that one day Heaven’s Gate members would shed their human bodies and move on to a higher level.......

Applewhite ordered that group members cut themselves off from their friends and family, and live communally with the group. Life inside the cult was highly structured: members ate the same food, had identical clothing and haircuts, and were forbidden to engage in sexual contact. Applewhite had himself castrated, as did five of the members who would commit suicide.

The group moved to a mansion in the San Diego.... in the fall of 1996. It was here that Applewhite decided that the group was destined to be carried away to the next level in a spacecraft travelling behind the Hale-Bopp comet, which would be visible to them in March 1997.

....... Applewhite and his 38 followers—21 women and 17 men ranging in age from 26 to 72—began committing mass suicide in shifts, a process that took three days.

All 39 dressed identically in long-sleeved black shirts—with an arm patch reading “Heaven's Gate Away Team”—and black sweat pants with new black-and-white Nike tennis shoes. They each packed an overnight bag and put five dollars and change in their pockets. They ate pudding or applesauce laced with toxic Phenobarbital and vodka, and then lay face up on their beds and covered themselves with a purple shroud or plastic bag.

Now they may have just been a bunch of misled individuals. But there are some who believe brainwashing was at work. Maybe the Nike training shoes (sneakers?) were symbolic of Saturn (the God of Time), and also subject to obvious product placement in the Back to the Future time travel movies.

Also around the time the Phoenix Lights incident happened on March 13th 1997. Six days later Applewhite produced the video below (there are 3 more parts to it by the way):

This is more reminiscent of the contactee era some 50 years later.

Our good friend from Down Under Cuckooold also made a great thread about the whole strange experience

Heaven's Gate and UFO cults

Sadly it was short lived and we never explored the many angles to this weird but tragic event.

I don't know an awful lot about the story to be honest. If others are interested then I'd like to hear what you think.

edit on 1/7/15 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa

By calling people "shrills" and accusing people of disinformation, you do exactly that.

Zeta, I'm afraid you are confusing words here. He said shrill, he didn't call them shills.

Yes, but I think you are confusing genders. I assume that you understood the comment then? "Shill" is a word that is used quite often interchangeably with "disinfo" agent. Do you agree? Seems like its used as an hominem and a distraction much like your "corrections". So it would seem you understood me on multiple levels. Well played.

Good to see you anyway. Hope all is well.

Ah, you miss me?

edit on 1-7-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

from a sociological or anthropological point of view, i would guess the 'traditional contactee' narratives would seem to be closer to religious or cultic patterns - whereas the abduction phenomena more closely parallels folkloric type narrative

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: aynock

from a sociological or anthropological point of view, i would guess the 'traditional contactee' narratives would seem to be closer to religious or cultic patterns - whereas the abduction phenomena more closely parallels folkloric type narrative

"Abductees" are definitely different than "contactees" in a lot of ways it would seem. One of the challenges is trying to figure out if they really believe what they are saying or not. While I generally believe that abductees have really experienced something, its hard for me to take contactees at face value.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

"Abductees" are definitely different than "contactees" in a lot of ways it would seem. One of the challenges is trying to figure out if they really believe what they are saying or not. While I generally believe that abductees have really experienced something, its hard for me to take contactees at face value.

Hello Zeta. Nice to see you again.

I would tend to agree that the "Contactees" including Mr Applewhite are more akin to a religious belief. Watching that video I would say a lot of psychological audio-visual trickery is used there. I'm sure some of it is used in commercials as well!

As for abductees. I think it's very real to the experiencer but then it becomes very complicated. Is it mind control, hallucination, sleep paralysis, aliens, something else? Some have suggested time travel. That might explain why the experience is real to the abductee but then doesn't exist in the new timeline and so can never be proven.

My head's spinning in this heatwave we're having so I'll leave it there.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Hello Zeta. Nice to see you again.

You miss me too?

I would tend to agree that the "Contactees" including Mr Applewhite are more akin to a religious belief. Watching that video I would say a lot of psychological audio-visual trickery is used there. I'm sure some of it is used in commercials as well!

Mr Applewhite is an interesting case. Do you believe that he believed in what he was saying? Obviously the people that followed him did. As opposed to some of the classic "contactees" that you mentioned where they may have simply made up a story? people believe in both like religions and they both have cult like aspects...but I guess I am more curious about the contactees true beliefs. There may be a distinction there.

As for abductees. I think it's very real to the experiencer but then it becomes very complicated. Is it mind control, hallucination, sleep paralysis, aliens, something else? Some have suggested time travel. That might explain why the experience is real to the abductee but then doesn't exist in the new timeline and so can never be proven.

I really have no idea what abductees experience though its pretty well documented that there is a sleep paralysis type thing going on that would explain some or even most cases. Its impossible to explain every case that way.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

You miss me too?

Of course, I aimed, pointed and then..............
I missed you.

But joking apart I don't know. I remember those days and it seems so weird looking back and trying to make sense of it all. The one factor that seems to remain is that these "cults" still seem to retain a residue of support even to this day. It is like religion. But then advertising is very persuasive as well and I'm sure the same tactics are employed to make people believe in the "brand" and even spread the word!

Whether someone from the 'outside' was involved though I am not convinced. It seems Mr. Applewhite already had suffered mental problems.

edit on 1/7/15 by mirageman because:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
a reply to: 111DPKING111

The heat must be getting to me. These long summer nights and almost 30°C today it's all too much.

Its a good story, we shall see how long till the next thread though..

Anyway that story about Beany the nurse and another crashed UFO with occupants. Jeez they must have some bad pilots. I saw that Hangar 1 episode and although it is one hell of an entertaining show it lacks any critical input at all. I suppose true unquestioning believers lap it up.

I dont mind that they inlcude her in the episode, IF they give some reason for believing her story. Like the melted car in the last episode, obviously very interesting pics of the warped panels, but they dont wrap things up and tell us what happened to the car. Assuming insurance covered the repairs, the panels were no good to anyone, why didnt they try to get a panel for later study or just buy the entire car outright. They just leave us hanging with this conspiracy of someone else grabbing their lab results. Its like they dont realize what makes a good case from a bad case.

They should have spent that entire episode with Beany/Clifford Stone covering Stringfield instead!

Even Roswell, the mother of all UFO lore, starts with a headline "RAAF Captures Flying Saucer On Ranch in Roswell Region". Wow! But that's forgetting that the term "flying saucer" had only been coined a week or so before and no one associated it with alien spacecraft at the time. Then there is the interview with Mac Brazel who declares, whilst it looked nothing like a weather balloon, the debris consisted of smoky rubber, tinfoil, paper, tape and sticks. Odd stuff to make a spacecraft out of!

The Roswell case is complicated for sure, obviously the Cased Closed report was lacking though. If they really wanted to "close" the case on this legend, they would have produced some of that memory metal, or told us how to make some, hopefully still not top secret after so many years.

If there is a smoking gun to the case, it is the memory metal that so many people claim they physically touched.

Anyway not sure if we are veering into the same territory the Best New UFO show thread has already covered.

I never really got a good discussion going on the hanger1 shows, was mostly recapping.

Im trying to compare Stringfield with other whistle blowers like Nora Gardner, Clifford Stone, and June Crain . Right off the bat though, no 57 alien species like Clifford claims.

Do have any thoughts on the Alien Autopsy film that people supposedly saw in the 70s(Stringfield again) ? Im thinking that might be the most credible thing out of all work Stringfield did.

edit on 2-7-2015 by 111DPKING111 because: stupid tags

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Hiya DPK, if you have some time listen to this interview with Bob Emenegger (Radio Misterioso). It's all wheel within wheels with these autopsy stories and purported military officials showing media and military personnel footage of landed saucers. Emenegger recalls a bunch of stories that you'll enjoy and particularly in the light of your recent posts on Stringfield.

It's been a couple of years since I listened to it. It covers those early myths likeHolloman AFB landings and alien deals with the aliens. Aliens, I hasten to add that were not grey-like at all. Within these myths we might see the fingerprints of those who later concocted the MJ-12 scenarios. You never know.

On a tangent, Major Bob Friend (ex-Blue Book/USAF) is on record recalling an incident whereby some officer (iirc) appeared to be 'channeling' a message from otherworldly messengers. He was asked where they came from and the 'voice' said look out the window. According to Friend, a UFO flashed in the sky at that moment.

Another case I recall is in Mike Swords' Grass Roots book. A military vet recounted himself and others being led into a building where several small bodies were laid out. They were then led out and asked to draw and describe what they saw.

What do we make of this? It seems to me that a trickle of historical alien and UFO memes were sourced from somewhere within the USAF. Whilst some of the stories reek of hoaxers, others seem to come from decent guys with no incentive to tell tall tales. Maybe these saucers and body stories were semi-truthful? Maybe there was a good National Security reason for leaking out false stories? Personally, I doubt anything technological, capable of shifting through dimensions or spanning light years, would be having accidents. There's little sense in the notion that a high-tech intelligence would try so hard to remain elusive and then blithely leave bodies behind.

Then again, it's not immediately apparent why a public belief (awareness) in alien bodies and crashing saucers is useful to National Security. Cui bono?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Its a good story, we shall see how long till the next thread though..

I bet you really can't wait can you?

It usually depends on what catches my interest at any given time. Could be a book, web article, something posted on here, or perhaps a TV or radio show.

Which brings me on to Hangar 1. It's nicely produced but it rarely goes anywhere. It gives us a story and a talking head or two to relay it. But it leaves us with no follow up or serious critical investigation in most cases.

Roswell was a story that became a myth and is now a global legend.

I'll have to bow to Kandinsky's greater knowledge on Stringfield.

But one observation I would make here is that we have the "Contactees" and the "Abductees".

What you are bringing to the table is the "Whistleblowers". Another important piece of this massive jigsaw puzzle.

You've been around a while now DPK. What about having a bash at a thread yourself?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I bet you really can't wait can you?

Like the proverbial cup of coffee (tea in my case) in the morning..Karl12 is getting slack also, hopefully the heat isnt getting to him as well.

Which brings me on to Hangar 1. It's nicely produced but it rarely goes anywhere. It gives us a story and a talking head or two to relay it. But it leaves us with no follow up or serious critical investigation in most cases.

Im not sure about the well produced aspect. Apparently the history channel has alot of say in what gets cut from an episode. Maybe they did go into why they believe Beanie, but it was cut out, or according to the quote below, the History channel wanted to use this info and they have final say. They did some weird story on a truck driver this last episode, it was hard to swallow, but at least they discussed how they attempted to verify his claims.

Heres the quote about Hanar1 from here

De Void called John Schuessler, Mutual UFO Network co-founder and board member, for his take on “Hangar 1.” As a McDonnell Douglas' erstwhile director of engineering and project manager for Space Shuttle Flight Operations at Johnson Space Center, Schuessler spent a career trouble-shooting real-world challenges on the high frontier. Schuessler confessed he missed Friday night’s show and said “I can tell you that most of us (at MUFON) don’t believe in such a thing (off-world U.S. military bases).” But he also said MUFON’s been caught in a pickle for decades.

“We’ve been accused of being a in black hole where information keeps going in but we never tell anybody everything we’ve got,” he said. “Well, we have files on almost everything. It doesn’t mean we’ve verified everything or that we believe everything we’ve got. So it’s a double-edged sword. Production companies take what they want and they’re free to use artistic license — that’s business.”

Heres another take on whats been going on at MUFON.

Either way, I take it for what its worth, its on DVR so its easy enough to get through an episode. I learned about the Levelland case and Stringfield from Hangar1, so its not all bad.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join