It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shock Video: Teen Boy Shot and Killed by Cop for Flashing Headlights and Flexing Rights

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: JeanPaul

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: Vroomfondel

That was my initial point too. Then I watched the video.

Watch the video.

Granted, not justifiable for killing him, but watch the video. Cop was VERY professional. Kid acted the douche.

An unjustified killing is NOT being professional.

I never said it WAS justified, and we don't know what happened in the later part of the video and after the vid ended. And in one of my other responses I made it clear in the very first sentence that he was professional to begin with, when he approached the car. And he was. The kid repeated refused to provide the information necessary as the cop repeated and calmly asked. Granted, the stop was IMO an unlawful stop (the kid did NOT commit a crime by flashing his lights).

The cops was either fishing for something (hence other people flashing their lights, if his brights were indeed on), but the kid, instead of being a douche should have just just shown the license/insurance/registration and been on his way).

But he didn't have a license, and by breaking the law in THAT he thought he could pull some phony rights claim out of his backside and that he was immune from the consequences. He was clearly ignorant. Not worthy of death, but still.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

when the many realize they outnumber the few, changes will be made.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

How about this. Any good ?

www.lansingstatejournal.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrakeINFERNO

when the many realize they outnumber the few, changes will be made.

Ya lost me buddy. ???

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

How about this. Any good ?

www.lansingstatejournal.com...

Nope. User content derived. It's a blog.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
a reply to: Bearack

I think the whole thing was made up. There are way too many questions and a story like this that gets emotions going would have been picked up by MSN but it has not been. This should be moved to HOAX until it can be verified.

My searched netted several results.

wlns.com...

www.mlive.com...

Most on conspiratorial websites but there are plenty of reputable (well, MSN) news sites that has the story.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Here is a story tagged as AP (associated press)
Monroe News

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: hknudzkknexnt
a reply to: alienjuggalo

The way he screamed in terror at he end of the video made me sick to my stomach

That was from the taser prong, right before the kid stood up and attacked the officer.

Tell your stomach to get its facts straight.

So should he have just laid there and took the tazer and not tried to stop the source of pain from someone who may have been an impersonator. The cop should have never pulled him over. this was a trolling stop. He rides around with his bright lights and pulls people over for flashing him, which is historically for at least 40 years a means of letting other drivers know they have bright lights on. The fault is that according to the local poster it is a misdemeanor in that little Podunk town to flash your lights closer than some arbitrary distance. This cop was trolling for government plunder and he was pissed off that a meager 17 year old had the nerve to question him and why he was pulled over. The kid obviously didn't feel like he had done anything that was clearly warranting of a traffic stop and thought the person may not have been who he said he was. In his mind he was fighting for his life.

Now maybe the cop was justified in his mind for pulling the kid over but he clearly could have handled this differently and in a professional manner.
"son why did you flash your lights at me?"
"You want my badge number? Okay its 9999, now I need to see your licenses and insurance info and I will go run that through while you sit tight for a second."
"Just to let you know young man its a violation to flash your lights to close to the other driver, I know my lights are a little bright, so just keep that in mind next time, Have a good evening"

The officer was not in the mindset for that type of encounter. He was looking for obedience and grovelling.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Lessons about arguing with police on a lonely dark stretch of road not withstanding…

how utterly escalated by the cop, from the get go.

"I'm tired of being flashed for my new headlights".

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Bearack

Mainstream media. ABC, CBS, CNN, FOX, none of them have this sensational emotion grinding controversial story. None.
I did not say I didn't find the story. I found lots just none with any serious credentials. I'm waiting.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Monroe News

Ok here are the search results for the associated press from their own site.

www.ap.org...

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I deal with border guards on a monthly basis they all have guns, sometimes they are very rude and ask stupid questions like "Don't you have those in your country?". But I still show them maximum respect even if they are power tripping because I know they can make my life very difficult. Young punks like this need to learn some respect for their elders, but killing them isn't the answer, it's way too harsh. In the days before cell video's, a few good whacks with a billie club would have sufficed.

This is the second video where the tazer failed and the gun came out and the person died. Seems to be a theme.

I have been pulled over only once in my life, I was very respectful and apologetic, never got a ticket. The officer even said he respected my demeanor. People say they have their rights, blah blah blah, but would you risk ruining your life over something so minor. Pick your battles more shrewdly and live. When we escalate the situation all control is lost, and how far it goes, might be farther than we thought it could ever go, as in death.
edit on 18-6-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretFace
Just out of interest, does anyone here actually have any front line police experience?

I can't comment on what the 17 year old is requesting based on my lack of knowledge with regards to state law, but I can comment that this culture of not just anti-police, but actually looking for trouble with the police, is going to end up with the police becoming pretty much the military on the streets and no, they are not that now, not even in America. No matter how bad you think it is, it can and will get worse if this continues. Please trust me.

The officer approached the car door and spoke to the driver, there was no straight up confrontation at all to begin with. Now how about in the future the officer walks up to the driver door, says nothing, opens it up drags the person out to the floor and any restraint is met with a beating and/or a fatality.

At present, you may think the police are heavy handed and of course many are, but believe it or not, the majority are not. Police will generally react to violence with violence, this unfortunately includes resisting arrest or indeed any form of resistance, because every copper is told to maintain the upper hand in any situation. In America, that reaction can turn deadly, but there has never been an officer I know of who has ever sought physical confrontation, not one. All coppers I have ever come across just want to do their shift, not get injured, not get killed, go home...Get paid at the end of the month. That's it.

I'm not condoning what has happened here and yes quite possibly the officer did not have a right to do what he did, but think when an officer pulls you. You're not going to win, all this talk of revolution and BS nonsense, how many people have actually got the applied knowledge and experience to survive in a lawless land? Very very few.

A few tips...

If an officer pulls you and brings you to one side, comply, that officer will not have any reason to get heavy handed if you comply.

If the officer is in the wrong, deal it with it after the event.

If the officer gets heavy handed, deal with it after the event.

You have to remember, that officer has back up, what's your back up? Mate in the car? A few mates in the car? a road you live down? It's not going to stand against a police force, especially one that will arrive prepared for violence.

Remain calm, any copper being heavy handed with you will always say it was justified due to how you were behaving towards them, so don't give them an excuse.

Comply. Comply. Comply. Then immediately seek legal advice and tell your legal rep everything while it is still fresh in your mind. Every detail, note times, action taken, words said, everything.

You stick to this, nothing will happen to you and you WILL win any legal action, trust me. Act like a lunatic, refuse arrest etc you'll win nothing and quite possibly lose a few teeth at best, your life at worst.

Be smart.

So what your post boils down to is that we should just submit to naked aggression from police officers because it could get worse?
Thats what we Americans define as a police state. The reason resistance to this level of BS is increasing is because thats not the America we want to live in. We want to live in an America where police are interacting with us because they are being friendly and not because they are the strong arm of an out of control government that makes everything we do illegal and subject to fines and what is increasingly more prevalent execution.

Now is the time for any officer working on a department to ask himself the following questions.

"Is it worth my life to continue to enforce laws counter to the rights of people?"
"Why are they acting like I am an occupying army?"
"Is a pension any good if by my actions I promote a civil war and I am not around to spend it?"

The it is about to hit the fan and the gang in blue will be the main force in the focus of widespread resistance.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

People say they have their rights, blah blah blah, but would you risk ruining your life over something so minor. Pick you battles more shrewdly and live.

Exactly. I keep saying that, too. Survive the skirmishes to win the war.

If the Gestapo comes to your door in the night looking for undesirables, you can volunteer for that detail by arguing semantics, or go back to bed.

Comply and move on, or die.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Associated press search results nothing

www.ap.org...

Reuters search results nothing
Any major network search, nothing.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

originally posted by: butcherguy
Monroe News

Ok here are the search results for the associated press from their own site.

www.ap.org...

The Lansing State Journal is a Gannett newspaper, is this not an acceptable source?
I can't imagine that two local newspapers are in cahoots in marketing a fake story.
edit on b000000302015-06-18T09:20:48-05:0009America/ChicagoThu, 18 Jun 2015 09:20:48 -0500900000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: bringmecoffee
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

How can you honestly say the kid did nothing wrong?

Because they have the start of this "incident" on video....This kid flashed the cop for having his high beams on....From here, no matter what the kid says in an argument, there is no reason for him to be shot without a threat...Clearly this wasn't what happened...That's why

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Every police officer needs to be required to wear camera's that cannot be turned off, or tampered with. This would do justice not only for people who fall victims to police brutality, but also protect the police from false accusations. I just don't understand why we as a nation don't demand that this be a must for any police officer, or person in a position of authority. If Russia can install cameras in every vehicle that drives on the road, then the US should have no problem implementing body cameras. All these police shootings, and the publics view of police, one would think the police would be asking for them, to clear up public outrages when a shooting occurs. To protect and serve, is starting to become a thing of the past.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: alienjuggalo

With that being said, he was asking for problems.

I have flashed my lights at people before that I thought had their brights on, and the civilized response back from them was momentarily flashing their bright lights to show they were not on.

I have heard that you do not want to flash your lights at all in the rougher parts of Big Cities.
Gangs would initiate new members into the fold by driving around with no lights on, and the first car that flashes lights at them would get a death sentence.

Sounds like this Bad Apple fits right in with the thugs.

Edit: After watching the video, it appears the kid did not make things better either. He should have never been pulled over, but once that was done, A simple, sorry sir, my mistake, hand his id and be on his way.

It escalated out of control with a power struggle on both sides.
The kid lost.
edit on 18-6-2015 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

It's from game of thrones and abuse of the many by the few, didn't mean to reply to anything you said.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join