It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shock Video: Teen Boy Shot and Killed by Cop for Flashing Headlights and Flexing Rights

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dasman888

...and yet, seems apparent that this young man, has been watching too many YouTube videos about Constitutional Rights, and police interaction.

I had the same thought. He should have realized he broke a traffic law and showed his DL, etc. The officer even tried to explain the lights and previous stop resulting in no ticket.

Maybe to officer was using the situation to pull people over, IDK. Still, he called for backup and maybe he should have waited even if it hurt his ego. The kid would still be going to jail and coming out on the stupid end. I suppose it doesn't work using that logic any more.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxusillian

how about being tased for not doing as instructed and then resisting once the cop was behind him trying to put the cuffs on. But the cop didn't get the cuffs on did he>? If he had the kid would still be alive and have one hell of a good court case against the police, instead he's now dead. as I've said before in this thread, theres a time and a place to fight and when your already pulled over with a cop behind you is not the time to start resisting.
edit on 17-6-2015 by roaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SSFFlood
a reply to: diggindirt

you do know he beat the # out of the officer....he was on top of him at one point.

Could you provide some evidence for that statement, please? A link perhaps? Perhaps a link with pictures showing the injuries this piece of crap cop suffered----as opposed to the seven holes in the kid?
The last time the camera was on him he was flat on his belly. What, did he levitate and fly at the cop from his position on the ground?
Are you the officer or his brother?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

A lot of talk here about respecting authority and not escalating the situation. OK. But what do you do when the authority is being wielded unlawfully and the officer is not acting in a respectful manner? He is a public servant. His job is not to smack teenagers around for flashing their brights or acting like teenagers. And his job is definitely not shooting a 17 year old for being a typical 17 year old. That didn't used to get the death sentence.

I think it is about a lack of respect. A lack of respect on the part of police not respecting the general population. Lets face it. These guys are getting more and more arrogant and THEY are the ones with the real entitlement issues. They, for some unknown reason, feel they have the right to shoot people whenever they feel like it and the criminal justice system seems to be supporting and enabling that perverse belief.

I have seen police do some pretty lousy things to bait people. Driving with the high beams on is nothing. I have seen police cars fitted with toggle switches that turn off one headlight. The only reason is to get people to say something about it. Then, abracadabra, the headlights work fine, and you are out of your car being searched and getting beat up because you had the nerve to ask why you were being treated like a criminal. Sorry, but that is bull#.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Apparently this post and link show the cop's injuries.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

don't bother with facts and logic, it won't help you in this thread.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

That was my initial point too. Then I watched the video.

Watch the video.

Granted, not justifiable for killing him, but watch the video. Cop was VERY professional. Kid acted the douche.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: roaland

I know, right? Usually I'm the one jumping all over the cops, but I can't exactly do that here. :/

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

your preaching to the choir brother lol I've tried explaining it every civil way i know how and these people just don't care about facts the right way to fight these guys and the way this kid did it is not the right way lol.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Cop was better than I believed he was. But I also agree, no reason at all to kill the kid. All teenage guys are douchebags at one time or another, including the ones who grow up to be cops. The cop was the adult and the professional with all the training. This should have ended very differently and without a loss of life.

I still stand by my point though. Cops are getting more and more arrogant and showing less and less respect for civilians and life in general. And the criminal justice system is supporting their behavior. It has to stop. I am still curious why the camera always seems to go off right before the real violence happens. This isn't the first time and I know it wont be the last.
edit on 17-6-2015 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: Vroomfondel

That was my initial point too. Then I watched the video.

Watch the video.

Granted, not justifiable for killing him, but watch the video. Cop was VERY professional. Kid acted the douche.

An unjustified killing is NOT being professional.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

The boy was passive aggressive at the very least. No I'm not saying he deserved to die for being a smartass but seeing how he acted, how he confronted the officer at every turn I'm not going to assume he simply rolled belly up when the camera turned off. I don't know what led to these tragic events. Only that officer knows.
This is certainly not a case of innocent youth murdered by raging cop. The chunk of the story that is missing is vital to judgement.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Osiris1953
a reply to: krosnos

We shall see.

There is a problem in this country. Sometimes officers do have to make a decision in a split second because a situation can go from bad to deadly in a fraction of a second for every party involved. I get it, but it's out of control, I'm not saying a civil war is around the corner, but if the country gets polarized enough that it could happen... I wouldn't be surprised if it starts with regular citizens versus the police.

Yes, that precious judgment call of pulling a kid to the ground and tazering him, then you have to judge, oh my god this kid could hurt me in his huddled position, so I turn off my camera and riddle him with bullets.

If I was this kids parents, that police station would be charging because I would be there with an army of citizens and bullhorns, DAY AND NIGHT, NIGHT AND DAY AND ADD THE JUDGE TO THAT LIST< NIGHT AND DAY, HOME AND OFFICE! FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE FOREVER.

You don't roll over and take this, it means something huge is done until the government and the police STOP and the bad ones are in jail, but the whole policy STOPS. PERIOD.
edit on 17-6-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
And as for the cop yes he was way off base in how he handled this. He knew his lights were bright as he said several people had flashed him already and he even told the kid that if he had been respectful and complacent it would have ended differently. He was on a power trip for sure. I can't help but think he had just had enough of people flashing him and he lost it. No matter, he was confrontational towards the boy. I don't know why the kid thought he didn't have to provide I.D. when asked. Obviously he was thinking internet fame and viral video or something like that and he was expecting he'd be let go .

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
a reply to: Char-Lee

The boy was passive aggressive at the very least. No I'm not saying he deserved to die for being a smartass but seeing how he acted, how he confronted the officer at every turn I'm not going to assume he simply rolled belly up when the camera turned off. I don't know what led to these tragic events. Only that officer knows.
This is certainly not a case of innocent youth murdered by raging cop. The chunk of the story that is missing is vital to judgement.

Why do you think he turned off the camera?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

Cop was better than I believed he was. But I also agree, no reason at all to kill the kid. All teenage guys are douchebags at one time or another, including the ones who grow up to be cops. The cop was the adult and the professional with all the training. This should have ended very differently and without a loss of life.

Did you or did you not see the pictures of the officer's face?

Your "innocent douchebag teenager" shtick couldn't be further from the truth.

Here, since you obviously missed it:

At what point, in your mind, is the officer supposed to use deadly force? Before or after he's unconscious?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99

originally posted by: Osiris1953
a reply to: krosnos

We shall see.

There is a problem in this country. Sometimes officers do have to make a decision in a split second because a situation can go from bad to deadly in a fraction of a second for every party involved. I get it, but it's out of control, I'm not saying a civil war is around the corner, but if the country gets polarized enough that it could happen... I wouldn't be surprised if it starts with regular citizens versus the police.

Yes, that precious judgment call of pulling a kid to the ground and tazering him, then you have to judge, oh my god this kid could hurt me in his huddled position, so I turn off my camera and riddle him with bullets.

If I was this kids parents, that police station would be charging because I would be there with an army of citizens and bullhorns, DAY AND NIGHT, NIGHT AND DAY AND ADD THE JUDGE TO THAT LIST< NIGHT AND DAY, HOME AND OFFICE! FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE FOREVER.

You don't roll over and take this, it means something huge is done until the government and the police STOP and the bad ones are in jail, but the whole policy STOPS. PERIOD.

Some people, by their very nature, worship police. I hope they don't have to lose a family member or be beaten themselves before they change their minds.

There's a serious problem in America with police brutality, and it's not just a "racist" thing either. I'm a "leftist" and it bothers me how police brutality in America is being framed as an issue with racism. These people will beat/shoot/torture pretty much anyone. The elderly, people in wheelchairs, 12 year old children, blind people, very drunk women who cant even stand up....you name it. They will beat, shoot or torture you. Not every single cop of course but all too many.

This will continue so long as these "well, they had it coming" crowd exist. I can fill this thread with video after video showing police brutality on elderly people, children, Sunday school teachers at church, on judges and fellow cops, reporters, firefighters you name it!

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
And as for the cop yes he was way off base in how he handled this. He knew his lights were bright as he said several people had flashed him already and he even told the kid that if he had been respectful and complacent it would have ended differently. He was on a power trip for sure. I can't help but think he had just had enough of people flashing him and he lost it. No matter, he was confrontational towards the boy. I don't know why the kid thought he didn't have to provide I.D. when asked. Obviously he was thinking internet fame and viral video or something like that and he was expecting he'd be let go .

WHAT?

The officer calmly asked MULTIPLE TIMES for the kid's ID and he got nothing but noncompliance and smartass remarks. He spent longer than reasonably expected trying to talk to this kid and get him to comply before finally removing him from the vehicle to place him under arrest.

It blows my mind that so many of you can watch the video, read the rest of the story, see the pictures of the officer's face, and still try to play the "poor innocent kid did nothing wrong and the cop murdered him" angle.

link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

Did you or did you not see the pictures of the officer's face?

Your "innocent douchebag teenager" shtick couldn't be further from the truth.

Here, since you obviously missed it:

At what point, in your mind, is the officer supposed to use deadly force? Before or after he's unconscious?

Why did he turn the camera off? For all we know the cop did that to himself.

link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

You don't know that. You can't know that. You have an opinion on what might have happened. That's all.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join