It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Helicopter flying very low over UK Residential Houses

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

youtu.be...

Filmed today at 10:45am (17/06/2015) Buxton, Derbyshire, UK. We are not sure what was going on here, it took us a while to go out and see it and then go back in and get the camera but this military helicoper was flying low and circling above a residential area for over 10 minutes flying very low at times and with sharp manouvers. It seemed very unusual to me and the neighbours as there are no nearby military bases or even airports or airfields. I thought it might be a Wildcat Combat Helicopter but the tail fin looks different. Does anyone know what helicopter this is? And what was it doing? Wildcat combat helicopter flying very low over UK Residential Houses

Does anyone know why this army helicopter would be flying so low over a residential area, and also what model it is?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: lifttheveil

Welcome to the new world!

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Is there a military base nearby, or in the city of Buxton?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Had the same thing happen over our town 3 years ago. It could be that you're going to have a royal visit in the near future and the pilot is reconing for suitable landing areas.
Could land on a school playing field or a grassy park, just having a look see.
I can think of no other reason for a military helo to be that low and scoping the area. Even a terrorist threat it would be civilian ie. police.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

looks like a lynx, best not to ask what it was doing. Probably just an exercise in the Dales

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I used to get black helicopter harassment. Yeah, go ahead laugh. It was most likely training. Following us on journeys etc. After it had been happening for a while I was told not to be against them, the pilots may actually be at least partly sympathetic to some activist causes. After that I began giving them the thumbs up.

Later some of them were painted other colours. Anyone else notice that? The last one I remember was one September 11th when a small blue helicopter flew straight to my house, turned 180 and flew back the way it came.

They've disappeared out of my life now, except the regular patrol I sometimes see. I think I know what they're guarding and I'm with them on that one.

So when a big military helicopter with the side door open and a helmeted, uniformed man sitting with his legs out and obviously watching us came very low in front of our house, without thinking I gave him a raised fist salute. His discomfort was obvious and he immediately withdrew out of sight.

I've no idea what this helicopter is or why it's flying low here. But I can say it's probably carrying friendlies who may be combat stressed and the best course of action is ignore or smile and give a friendly thumbs up. From what I've seen of the black helicopter stalking games they must have some extraordinary optics available. They can probably see if you've shaved today.

Looking at that video I wouldn't call that low. But then we did live in a very rural area when we got low flyers.
edit on 17 6 2015 by Kester because: addition

edit on 17 6 2015 by Kester because: condense

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Recon or training exercise I say.
I'm not sure on policy with regards to terrorist threats against national security.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The helicopter is a Lynx transport helicopter. The altitude is nothing unusually for a helicopter. No problem here unless you're paranoid.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

. No problem here unless you're paranoid.

LOL - this is ATS

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Agree it's a Westland Lynx. Probably doing an area recon as there's a whole load of Battle of Britain Memorial Flights happening through your area this weekend.

H2317/15: Air display will take place
Q) EGTT/QWALW/IV/M/AW/000/027/5304N00123W003
FLYPAST BY BATTLE OF BRITAIN MEMORIAL FLIGHT ACFT WI 3NM RADIUS.
530345N 0012322W (RIPLEY, DERBYSHIRE) OTHER AIRSPACE USERS ARE
REQUESTED TO AVOID THIS AREA DURING THE STATED TIMES.
15-06-0336/OPS 2
LOWER: Surface, UPPER: 2,700 Feet AMSL
FROM: 20 Jun 2015 12:25 GMT (13:25 BST) TO: 21 Jun 2015 13:25 GMT (14:25 BST)
SCHEDULE: 20 1225-1300, 21 1250-1325

edit on 17/6/15 by vonspurter because: Added NOTAM info

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
heh you should live here on the Berkshire downs we get all sorts of military aircraft at various times.
they are either transporting kit, on a nav exercise or testing something.

i would not worry until armour turns up in your town square

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Is there a miltary exercise happening there?
edit on 17-6-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Could these exercises be related to what's going on in the US with JADE HELM? they've got a great show about it over at www.podcast13.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

No, Buxton is a small country town with no nearby military base or even major airport. The closest is manchester.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6
The helicopter is a Lynx transport helicopter. The altitude is nothing unusually for a helicopter. No problem here unless you're paranoid.

No not paranoid and I think the scneario laid out above above by vonspurter and crayzeed is probably what they were doing (recon). Me and the neighbours found it strange though, it was very low and circling the same area with fast manouvers for over 10 minutes, I was surprised at how low it was flying in such a way as it's not something that happens around here and I didn't think they could do that over a populated housing estate.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: lifttheveil

originally posted by: buddah6

No not paranoid and I think the scneario laid out above above by vonspurter and crayzeed is probably what they were doing (recon). Me and the neighbours found it strange though, it was very low and circling the same area with fast manouvers for over 10 minutes, I was surprised at how low it was flying in such a way as it's not something that happens around here and I didn't think they could do that over a populated housing estate.

You can believe what you want. When I was flying in the military, I would land in my backyard for lunch. That would have the folks here on ATS having a cow!

The altitude is not an issue... the law says your altitude for a helicopter only has to insure a safe landing if the engine fails. I would routinely fly at 500 to 1500 feet when cruising and in Vietnam much lower.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Hedge hopping, they do it all the time around Northern Ireland, our boys and girls are the best in the world at this sort of flying.
Had them landing in our back field a few times too.

edit on 18-6-2015 by biggilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

this Merlin flew over the house about an hour ago. It's got it's back doors down. I know they have their maintenance nearby.
edit on 18-6-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Having the ramp down may be as simple as cooling a hot cabin. You know flow through ventilation.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Thanks for the replies everyone

I've posted another video of the helicopter which also has extra camera footage shot by my mate next door, it gives a better perspective than my footage as it's continous, the extra footage comes after mine.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join