It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Squirrel caught riding a woodpecker... (WITH PHOTO)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
It looks like Cartoons really are based entirely off real-world events. I found this entirely ridiculous photo today and thought I'd share it. The moment was caught on film by Brian Morin.

The story goes: The woodpecker had been eying [the Squirrel] and wanted to chase it away from its nearby nest. They had a very brief encounter, a few seconds, then the squirrel scampered off and the Pileated went on its way.

What other ridiculous nature moments that have been caught on film have you thought to be breaking the 4th wall and really should belong in the cartoon world?

This incident kind of reminds me of a popular MEME that has been floating around for a while.

And now there's a whole bunch of people posting photo's of wolves acting ridiculous (search Moon Moon on Google for more)

edit on 17/6/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

oh my lol..

freaking moon moon hahahaha..

I love it.

disquisitive, inquisitive.. Hmm new word for me. Thanks.

There was the thread earlier of a raccoon riding on the back of an alligator. Or I have also seen some strangeness in the woods.. You can't seem like a human or the animals will sense your clashingness and will fail to show you that they are actually all in cahoots.. But if you walk long enough in the woods to the point a house looks jarring, even terrifying.. Then you can hang out with some deer, and get word from the spies over head.. Having a mom deer, chill with you and even let you graze with her two babies... Wowzers.. And then a car horn and the spell is broken.

I'm being funny, but kinda not.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Thank you for introducing me to moon moon

my new hero

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I have both squirrels and these large, pileated woodpeckers in my yard. AND I got a kick from the picture.

But I must object to the misuse of key words to puff a thread. Innocent enough in this respect, but the lack of common courtesy in being honest in what is presented in the body of a thread is distressing to an old journalist like myself. Maybe I should get used to the hype as a modern way of life? Yet there is the nagging hunch that miss/disinformation has become the way we and government commonly communicate these days and not a way to build a solid relationship.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
But I must object to the misuse of key words to puff a thread.

Which incident are you referring to?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Great chuckle moment at the end of the working day... Thank you

Squirrel... "ahem"... riding a woodpecker actually raised my eyebrow until I read the description... You might want to change the title in order not to get any snarky comments from certain posters :-p

Reminds me of a joke :

Q :What do you call a woodpecker with no beak?

A : A head banger!

Kindest respects

Lone Red (Apparently!)

Nibs
edit on 17-6-2015 by Nibbles because: "Ahem"

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nibbles
Squirrel... "ahem"... riding a woodpecker actually raised my eyebrow until I read the description...

Ah, I see. Well there was no intent for a sexual innuendo. I think some minds just "go there".

originally posted by: Nibbles
Lone Red (Apparently!)

Haha, mine turned out to be White Paw
I accept my wolf-name

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Ok Lone Red and White Paw...
You are not even ready for...

Savage
Temptress...

Mmmm I sound devious.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

Ok Lone Red and White Paw...
You are not even ready for...

Savage
Temptress...

Mmmm I sound devious.

oOOOOOO...

Nope... definately not ready yet, I am knackered after a hard days slog!

Give me a call around 9pm Saturday night :-p I might be up for a bit of temptation then hahaha... J

Kindest respects

Nibs

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

paranormalromancejunkies.tumblr.com...

Mine is Magic Hound!

Gives new meaning to riding a pecker doesn't it?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
weasel photographed riding on woodpeckers back BBC News

It seems rodents the world over are learning to ride birds. Dangerous birds that can peck right through your skull.
Prepare accordingly.
also my werewolf name is ancient beast. Not bad.frikin moon moon

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Did anyone catch this
the other day?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Once we tame our mounts, beware!

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Lol! So funny....

Moon moon beats Scarlet Red?

/facepalms

Thanks for the laugh

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I was having a rather euphoric smoke while sat upon a picnic table one summer afternoon when right before my eyes a wasp took out a secada mid flight, their collision made a faint yet audible snap. They fall to the ground where the secada appears to be knocked out cold. The wasp crawls over to the secada then proceeds to drag the poor bastard about a foot to a pine tree which it began to ascend. That wasp made it about 3 feet up that tree before my smoke was over and I left.

Oh and my werewolf name is Majestic Demon... FRIGGIN SWEEEEET!!!!
edit on CDTWed, 17 Jun 2015 17:33:05 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago17-05:00Wed, 17 Jun 2015 17:33:05 -050033 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

edit on CDTWed, 17 Jun 2015 17:35:37 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago17-05:00Wed, 17 Jun 2015 17:35:37 -050035 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

edit on CDTWed, 17 Jun 2015 17:37:38 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago17-05:00Wed, 17 Jun 2015 17:37:38 -050037 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

Oh I forgot to add that the wasp repeatedly stabbed the unconscious secada before dragging it to the tree, that wasp was vicious and had babies to feed lol.
edit on CDTWed, 17 Jun 2015 17:41:06 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago17-05:00Wed, 17 Jun 2015 17:41:06 -050041 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

edit on CDTWed, 17 Jun 2015 17:41:33 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago17-05:00Wed, 17 Jun 2015 17:41:33 -050041 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

What other ridiculous nature moments that have been caught on film have you thought to be breaking the 4th wall and really should belong in the cartoon world?

new topics

top topics

join