It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unfulfilled prophecies in the Bible prove its NOT the authority as the word of God

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I don't get caught up in the Bible, as I feel that God isn't constrained as one specific religion. It's all about faith. I also don't think God sits around worrying about the daily lives of his human followers or non-followers. Probably busy being the creator and continuing to create. Heaven? Hell? Don't buy into either concept, but then again the only people who know for sure are dead.

I digress. I view the Bible in two ways. The Old Testament: completely made up by man. Almost ridiculous. The New testament: A historical accounting of the life of Jesus (who I believe lived) a prophet, perhaps the most influential prophet ever, but not necessarily the son of God. In short, God is God. Be you Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Buddist, etc. same God. Only religion forces one to pick a side.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

But my story is personal to me. I think they call it the heroes journey.

I think we are all on our own personal hero's journey.

It involves lots of rupturing of old ideas. old ways of coping, and realization that things believed sometimes turn out to be falsehoods.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

Well said and it's the same belief I have. Your belief system would be classed as Deism which I would bet a larger majority of society would class themselves if they knew what it meant!

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

not a two way street
more like a one way road and a bike path
the owners set it up this way and seem to benefit from your misery
me thinks it just goes on and on like this in order to maintain the illusion of life
think more in terms of energy flowing down a wire
if the energy reaches for the ground then we have a big blow out
the goal I suppose is to continue on and try to minimize loss before we arrive at our destination

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

It's quite simple - your holy book was written by man! These same men believed that the world was flat and the sun was magic!

Enough said!!

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

You, me and Flammadraco. All. Nice to find like-minded folks.

As Flamma said, yeah - Deism. If you're interested, look into the writings of Thomas Paine...many of the Founding Fathers were Deists, also.

I guess for American church-organizations, the Unitarian Universalists are pretty close, though.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: KnightLight

But my story is personal to me. I think they call it the heroes journey.

I think we are all on our own personal hero's journey.

It involves lots of rupturing of old ideas. old ways of coping, and realization that things believed sometimes turn out to be falsehoods.
if you keep saying rupture then you might just spring a leak

btw I am the center of the universe. I wonder how many billions of people believe they are the center of the universe? if everyone believed they are the center of the universe or let their ego go unchecked then we would have the need for religion

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

It's quite simple - your holy book was written by man! These same men believed that the world was flat and the sun was magic!

Enough said!!

it was dictated by man and everything else you mention about life is very possible in a controlled universe or electric universe.

just imagine a future where time travel is possible then ask yourself how we would know if it is happening now.

at some point in a technological future the past will become mendable and if done right changes would go unnoticed.

thoughts can be expanded out in every direction to become all inclusive

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I often see this kind of ignorant ranting and raving here and every once in a while it strikes a nerve with me. I wrote my response not for the OP but rather for the audience who might read and not validate the claims made above.

In your response to the OP being a Troll I can see that by his response he has no discernible desire to have a true understanding of scripture but just wants to preach to his agnostic and atheistic brothers and sisters upon this site. The blanket I believe in no Man Made religion cracks me up!

See I come from a christian household background. A background fully involved into the church in the south! I have seen the evil that corrupts even the most Pius and supposedly humble. With that said I have seen both sides of the argument and have had my own ups and downs with my own faith. However, the personal experiences in my own life show me that there is more to life than our daily grind. There is more than we know after this life. I have experienced several unexplainable events in my life that science and observers of those events could not explain.

I have extremely vivid premonitions (Only my own lifeline) on occasions and I have had some insane encounters with other worldly trying to tap into them and explore further. These premonitions are how I know my own life is on track (milestones) so to speak.

Many will fall and stumble I just hope that for those who are on the fence they see my response as a logical argument with history and facts to back it up. But there will always be those who willfully stir the pot in order to gain a rise. They wont get that from me.

OP,

Again best of luck to you but it is quite obvious that you are jaded and have no real understanding of Prophetic books or scriptures. Please take to heart what I wrote before and use proper technique when attempting to discern Prophetic passages.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Can I ask whether you were raised religious? Often people clearly realise the bible isn't true in any sense but still cling onto the notion of a god, still within the framework of the religion you know not to be correct. It's difficult in this day and age to jump to the conclusion of a creator without previous indoctrination or exposure, due to the advancements in understanding natural laws.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Enough said!!

The motto of this site is "Deny Ignorance" yet here you are spewing said ignorance...

Drop whatever hate you have and take the book for face value. Just to clarify to me your saying that all ancient civilizations believed the world was flat and the sun was magic. How about this put up or shut up. If you can put up evidence that all ancient civilizations believed the earth was flat and the sun was "magic". Then I will forever leave this site. If you choose not to take this challenge then everyone will know you are emotional on the subject and that your responses arent based on fact but from your own derived prejudices against those who hold different beliefs than your self.
edit on 17-6-2015 by APOCOLYPSE DAWN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: APOCOLYPSE DAWN

All I saw and read was the first line about seeing rants like this!

I won't bother reading the rest, but when you see pastors in the US demanding the heart pulled out of the chest of a transsexual, or relgious nut jobs throwing folk of buildings in the middle East due to some warped view of the world, I'd say get your own house in order first before casting your stone on anyone else.

The most evil people in this world seem to be Religious!!!

If anything in your holy scripture was true then my only wish would be that the Rapture did occur leaving the rest of us in a more peaceful world without the constant demonising rhetoric by all religions!

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

You cannot view these scriptures objectively so you cannot advise people how to either. If you could, you would see the scriptures/bible for what they were designed for, order and obedience. You talk a good game but lost all credibility when you had to mention your own premonitions. I call it imagination, you call it proof.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

wow, dick! You've quite changed your tune over the last few months!
Well done, you!

Love, Jill

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

I think the first leader who found that his people thought he was a god must have laughter himself to sleep that night.

I came from a religious background and education but have managed to rid myself of the early programming that was deliberately put into my head during my formative years, so I had not grown up enough to have developed the ability to think about religious teaching using my logic and common sense. All the desert religions do this trick and its simply brainwashing to ensure their existence. Religious men have a special place in society the made for themselves using things like the bible and ancient texts. They are unelected, one only has to join and its a job for life often comfortably accommodated and with virtually unlimited power over peoples lives. We elect our politicians but our religious men select themselves. Something people should remember because of the interference these men do in people's lives.

It suits the state to have a set religion and use it as a velvet glove to get people to accept the little lot the wealthy allow them. Blessed are the meek e.g. those who don't complain or want more of what they are entitled to for their work - religion does a brilliant job, it tells the public they are stupid and sinners and need a God to dictate what they think and how they act. All very convenient for those who want to rule.

There is a lot taught in religion which ensures division between people but most don'[t think to question anything because religion is drummed into their heads in their formative years - look at both islam and judaism who grab the kids as soon as they can speak to drip feed religious belief into them. Parents impose it generation after generation and christian kids get it at school and if their parents go to church much earlier.

Great thread looking at the prophesies yet it seems we get regular posting of people thinking that some prophesy is being enacted. I suspect prophesy is like modern research - one can find anything one wants, especially also when one deals with codes in the bible and incidentally any other book.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
All ancient civilisations? Where did you get that? Did you have FAITH he said that or BELIEF that he is one of those people. The same ignorant, uneducated men wrote the scriptures was the point.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

How about you show Evidence or as you say put up or shut up that the bible is factual and your God is the only God. Don't use the bible, bring proper evidence that your beliefs is based on fact on not faith!!

I'll help you out, you can't! because it's bogus, man made scripture and was introduced to control the masses and the saddest part is...... 2000 years later sheeple still believe it word for word!

I don't hate you or other Christians but I do hate your relgion and for all the hatred and division it has caused our species in the last two thousand years! IMO relgion should be a private matter and only practiced in the home and place of worship, it has no place in civilised society!

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

All I saw and read was the first line about seeing rants like this!

I won't bother reading the rest, but when you see pastors in the US demanding the heart pulled out of the chest of a transsexual, or relgious nut jobs throwing folk of buildings in the middle East due to some warped view of the world, I'd say get your own house in order first before casting your stone on anyone else.

The most evil people in this world seem to be Religious!!!

If anything in your holy scripture was true then my only wish would be that the Rapture did occur leaving the rest of us in a more peaceful world without the constant demonising rhetoric by all religions!

There in lies your problem first line read and you check out...

So the sins of the few define the lives of the many.... Have you ever read the teachings of Christ in detail? He talks directly about this speaking that many will come in my name but I will not know them for they are far from me!

Many will be deceived by false prophets (Westboro Baptist) is a prime example. Christ taught nothing but Love for ones self and for ones neighbor. To be good shepards of where we live and who we live with. Yet you lump him in with crazed lunatics who demand the ripping of peoples hearts out? Excuse me if I choose not to believe the words out of your mouth... As they are far from truth and have little understanding of Religions! I have study many in Depth and you my friend know as about a grain of sand on a florida beach!

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
Can I ask whether you were raised religious? Often people clearly realise the bible isn't true in any sense but still cling onto the notion of a god, still within the framework of the religion you know not to be correct. It's difficult in this day and age to jump to the conclusion of a creator without previous indoctrination or exposure, due to the advancements in understanding natural laws.

I was raised Catholic. I don't know of anyone in my family (including extended family) who isn't Catholic. My parents were good about letting me go to other churches with friends growing up, so I had some exposure to the baptist churches as well.

Through it all, there are simply too many things I simply don't agree with in the Bible, and quite frankly, with organized religion of any kind. I've made my peace with my decision to accept God (whatever he/she/it really is) without the confines of religion.

Can I prove the existence of God? No. Can I disprove the existence of God? No. Therefore I chose to believe. I just can't go along with the notion that God created the entire universe, populated one planet with man, looked around, and said, "Nailed it!" There is enough unanswered about life to lead me to believe in God. There is also more than enough garbage out there for me to know that religion is not God.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Good last point. Nostradamus predicted that 2 mountains will fall, a clear comparison with 9/11 to those that desire a divine plan. Religious people will apply vague statements to suit their current way of thinking whilst others will just see a vague statement applicable to anything.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join