It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McKinney Mom From Pool Party Video Speaks Out for first time

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It's actually not a race thing in McKinney, it's a social standing type of thing.

I grew up in McKinney, I've seen it first hand most of my life. Let me explain:

In the middle(ish) part of the city there lies the 75. This acts as a divide of sorts, it splits the city into east and west. The east being the older side and the west being the newer side or, to put it plainly, the east is the poorer side. People from the nice Stonebridge communities don't much care for the east siders crossing the 75 into their neighborhoods.

You two from Frisco/Plano may not really have any idea about this regardless of your relative closeness. I was living on the east side for a long while. While living there I dated a couple (just two, the only two to do this) girls from the west side who actually broke up with me because I lived on the east side. One girl told me her mom said she couldn't date me because of that. My summer between Sophomore and Junior years of high school, my family moved on up to the west side! Huge, huge difference.

Without going on an even bigger diatribe about this, I just wanted to state that there is a bit of unspoken animosity in that city. That's why I left right after I graduated high school and never looked back.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Um three deep at the gate? Private pool. 2 guests per resident?

Even those words, "three deep at the gate" shows you what kind of paranoid mentality we're dealing with here. This isn't a battlefield, it's a pool party.

If my kids behaved this watchdogs be in trouble. Don't make excuses just because they're young people. Kids being kids my ass. These were kids misbehaving and they deserved to be called on it. That's the problem here. People wanting to give too much leeway on bad behavior.

Look, I had a lot of fun as a kid, and did a lot of things that simple minds would consider wrong. I'm not about to be a hypocrite and deny the youth their fun just cause I've entered a different stage of life. No clue if you were funless as a kid, or a hypocrite now, but that's your deal.

And no I dont think they masterminded it to be like Ferguson but I do think they took the videos to the media afterward to try and start something.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm sure after they saw the attention being received, they wanted to make the most of it. I'm out of this thread. Too much emotions and lack of reason.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I'm pretty sure the kids were just trying to have fun and be kids. You seriously think they were masterminding this to be a national media event like Ferguson? LOL, must be part of that delusional I was speaking of.

I'm pretty sure those kids had no right to be there. Seeing as the community placed rules on the use of the pool, and who can and can't use it. The kids have every right to be kids. Somewhere else.

Or are we supposed to allow them to do as they please?

Must be that entitlement others have mentioned. LOL and stuff.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

a reply to: texasgirl

That sounds accurate. It also sounds like kids wanting to have fun and just be kids. Did you have no fun as a kid? I was all over the place. Try to act as I was in 2015, would be shot dead. Paranoid weirdo's all around now!

(for the record, I would totally have snuck in, but would have left when caught)

I had all kinds of fun as a kid but I listened to authority. And my parents weren't afraid to knock some sense into me.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Echo3Foxtrot

I guess you're referring to me. I've lived on the east side, and hung out there quite a bit. I have perspectives from a country folk, poor city folk, and upper middle class folk. Parents started out rags, now we got monies. So anyways, I'm out...

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

a reply to: SocietyInDecline

Let's remember that the media wasn't at this party. They were provided tapes by the mob who were invading the place only showing their racial take on the matter so you really can't hold the media responsible. The kids there saw this as a Ferguson opportunity and their 15 minutes of fame and they took it. They made it a racial issue. Not the media.

I blame the media entirely.. Just as Obama was on the band wagon stoking the racial flames "If I had a son..." etc.
They (and Barry) did not know the facts yet, were right there taking sides, the side that THEY wanted no matter what the facts later prove. Had they received the entire (if one existed) video that would have exonerated the residents trying to evict the non-resident unruly mob, they would have never jumped on the band wagon to begin with.. js

They have an agenda making these types of cases national news. They want people to demand a new police force. "People will demand their own enslavement or it will be forced on them."
People think cops are bad now.. They better be careful what they demand. "A police force just as strong" a Federalized Nazi-Stlye one that Obama spoke of...

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Word. Then you probably know what I'm talking about.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

a reply to: Echo3Foxtrot

I guess you're referring to me. I've lived on the east side, and hung out there quite a bit. I have perspectives from a country folk, poor city folk, and upper middle class folk. Parents started out rags, now we got monies. So anyways, I'm out...

I can see it as a class problem. Thanks for your story. However, this is being construed as a RACE problem so anyone supporting the other side of the story is getting death threats and fired.

ETA: Oops, this was meant for echofoxtrot. Sorry.
edit on 17-6-2015 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

No responsible media outlet ever used those by lines. Let's not heap them all into the same barrel.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

That sounds accurate. It also sounds like kids wanting to have fun and just be kids. Did you have no fun as a kid? I was all over the place. Try to act as I was in 2015, would be shot dead. Paranoid weirdo's all around now!

(for the record, I would totally have snuck in, but would have left when caught)

We weren't all juvenile delinquents. Some of us were actually well behaved respectful kids.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Why is anyone surprised here? The pool interlopers were just a product of the current state of affairs, the give me my entitlements now, whether a free phone, more foodstamps, let me swim for free even though I didn't pay a homeowner fee. And if anyone calls me out on it., I'll yell racism, bigotry, or whatnot so that the liberal media says the other guy is the bad one.

Seeing way too much of this these days.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I live in McKinney and agree......Texas has a friendly legacy.....the Mexicans and americans knew to be tejanos.....and share this place down in the lazy warmth and sprawling endless land....a reply to: texasgirl

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I had a great childhood. We traveled, had a big brand new house. Bikes, toys and even passes to the town pool. I didn't talk back to adults or trespass or start fights. No I wasn't a goody goody but I knew boundaries and respectedxthem. Same as I do today. Same as I taught my kids who BTW are all responsible adults now.
You want to be proud you were a f_____-up go right ahead. To me that's nothing to be proud of.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Yeah what ever.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

No responsible media outlet ever used those by lines. Let's not heap them all into the same barrel.

CNN has a piece out from one of their contributors about the McKinney pool incident and says it's ALL ABOUT RACE. I'll link it when I find it. She can't even get her facts right.
edit on 17-6-2015 by texasgirl because: clarified

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The young well behaved black youths didn't do nothing.

They were getting ready to start school.

Turning their lives around etc.

..... did I do that right?
edit on 17-6-2015 by morebeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Aaaahhh....It's an opinion piece. But still...

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Yeah what ever.

Possibly add flippant to "royal highness"
edit: correction royal higness..
edit on th20152015-06-17T11:36:33-05:0036America/Chicago301516Wed by SocietyInDecline because: higness not highness

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Why is anyone surprised here? The pool interlopers were just a product of the current state of affairs, the give me my entitlements now, whether a free phone, more foodstamps, let me swim for free even though I didn't pay a homeowner fee. And if anyone calls me out on it., I'll yell racism, bigotry, or whatnot so that the liberal media says the other guy is the bad one.

Yea, there seems to be an awful lot of people here that just don't get that at all. Amazing. I don't even know where to begin at this point. Some people are apparently just born to be victims. We had the very same problems in our old neighborhood. They finally gave up and closed the pool and the park.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I'll correct that right now. This is why I have pions in the first place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join