It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality is a Simulation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Interesting point. One revelation I forgot to mention is there is no real hell.

There are malevolent spirits who opt out of the system and become glitches in the program, but there's no biblical-style hell for tormenting wrongdoers.

Everything is met with love, compassion, forgiveness, and understanding... the goal of the simulation is to karmically modify spirits until they cease doing bad things to one another.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

Ok and thanks for the clarification. I am glad that you had your experience, I am sure it was indeed wonderful and let me say myself that "truth" is within. It really is. Nowhere else.

Oh and welcome to ATS, the place where all one's imperfections are brought to light. Embrace it.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster
a reply to: Trachel

Did you drink that same thing Graham Hancock drank?.... Ayahuasca (thanks throneblood)!

Im sure someone who admire's the distance will be able to set the record straight on this one

Actually, I can corroborate much of what the OP has said. As Thorneblood said, ayahuasca is a hell of a thing. The only difference is, I didn't go on believing everything after the effects wore off, but that may be due to my being "experienced" with hallucinogens enough to separate the hallucination/vision from reality (after 'coming down', of course).
edit on 6/16/2015 by admirethedistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I find that hard to believe. Especially if there are malevolent spirits out there glitching the simulation, their would be a natural instinct to find a shelter. A refuge from the light, if you will.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
There are also no demons per se... there are just malevolent spirits who go bad and refuse to be reset.

Apparently after a spirit goes wrong enough times it has to start the simulation over, and ones who refuse become the dark spirits that plague individuals in this material plane.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

For sure malevolent spirits would love to have a shelter... but the designers of the system aren't giving them one. The designers just wait it out until the spirit gives up its evil ways and begs to be reset, or they go into the system and forcibly reset them if things get too far out of control.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trachel

For sure malevolent spirits would love to have a shelter... but the designers of the system aren't giving them one. The designers just wait it out until the spirit gives up its evil ways and begs to be reset, or they go into the system and forcibly reset them if things get too far out of control.

Why are they disenfranchised (lost souls) in the first place and have to find shelter in the places they used to live in the third dimension to re-inhabit? Why did they not cross over; because they are not done with their (now lost) physical bodies. It seems to me that the designers of this 'system' let something slide, or did not give enough attention to *the lost souls* and what to do with them; the hangers on living in the 4th. No one but spiritualists or the many mediums of differing doctrines can send them on their way. Who then is the designer of this system PERFECT that let these occurrences fall through the cracks and what is the reason? To poke the human into understanding the differing dimensions we inhabit, not only the material 3rd but the more (less weight) astral 4th?
edit on 16-6-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

what i dont understand is why a "programmer" would elect to have an absolutist reality rather than a dualist one. that is to say, electrons have just as important a role as protons. people keep insisting that electrons be exterminated or "re-educated" into being protons. and yet, if all we had was protons, all we would do is take those protons for granted. the same we do with everything else. we take the positive for granted and bitch about the negative. never realizing the negative is there to teach us why we appreciate the positive, so we are willing to maintain it. "demons" "malevolent spirits" "low vibrations" whatever you want to call them, they arent just trash. they are a lesson to give our blessings dimension, the same way shadow plays with light to give us 3D. otherwise, life would just be 2D. a comical caricature of what we actually need.
edit on 16-6-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

what possible benefit could there be for the body
a reply to: Jonjonj
I believe that the body has a soul of it's own, striving for spiritual advancement just like us. The benefit for the body is no different than that of a Pine tree or a soccer ball. Life (eternal.)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

You're talking about two different things:

Spirits overly attached to their physical bodies are nurtured back into the spirit realms.

Spirits that go bad (read: evil) are forbidden further bodies until they become more pure.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

a reply to: Jonjonj

For sure I'll explain. By "on loan" I mean that when you die you're returning the body unto the Source. It can reclaim what remains of it and disseminate that energy amongst other still-living things.

The better you care for your body during life, the more of that latent energy can be recycled. It's win-win for everyone involved--because you show you can treat a body well, with your next life you'll be granted a better one to enjoy.

Body is not returned to God. The soul/spirit that became more 'individualized' returns to Absolute Unbounded Oneness. That was the point of the exercise. You learn on earth a unique expression called YOU and return that information to God upon physical death. You are ITS explorer; and by doing this you give it definition. Without us it would have no idea what it is.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

It doesn't seem macabre in the least when you consider the idea of predator/prey fight/flight that is prevalent on our planet.
Some of the more "interesting" inhabitants of our planet have indeed been those who could be considered serial killers. After all how can one consider ANY leader who has taken his country to war, if not by the very definition of murderer, if not by their own hand, at least by their intention.

To digress I believe, in the Abrahamic religions, as many do, that religion was introduced in the early stages to stop "mindless and unproductive" killing as opposed to killing that benefits the "greater good". I believe that LAW was instilled in us because we were incapable of actually understanding "good and evil" and needed a hand. Whether that "law" was imposed from outside or from within is another question.

We have refined law, over the centuries, to fit our own agendas. When I say "our" I do of course mean those who have been able to influence the laws for the good/bad.

The Maya, and more specifically the Azteca were absolutely convinced in the necessity for blood sacrifice, once again demonstrating the power of the strong over the weak using the premise of the common good. If they did not kill enough people, and send their hearts to the spirit then the sun simply would not rise.

None of the above tells me anything about taking care of the body, in fact it is rather the opposite, the body means nothing, the spirit is everything. In the belief systems that contradict themselves eternally.

And that is what my questions were about the spirit the OP talked to, it seemed quite the "old" spirit.

edit on 16-6-2015 by Jonjonj because: spacing

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

a reply to: vethumanbeing

You're talking about two different things:

Spirits overly attached to their physical bodies are nurtured back into the spirit realms.

Spirits that go bad (read: evil) are forbidden further bodies until they become more pure.

Spirits cannot be attached to the former dead body. They can attach themselves to locations they lived and the living people residing there. I can see why you think the former is true (overly attached) but is because they died a sudden tragic death they do not understand. There is no more room for rogue (evil) spirits to gain the body of a healthy new born. This space is crowded with a cue that is a thousand miles and a thousand years in length; wait time by others that have never been human. One might try to gain access to the body of a future aids victim or those living in abject poverty (misery) a less desirable lifespan but those that have never been human will take this challenge. This is one reason not to overly grieve for these people, the soul that inhabits that body understands this contract of their incarnation. There is a certain stature attributed to souls that have had the 'human school experience' and it is sought after to the degree you would find hard to believe. The reincarnates (soul groups *YOU* existing for centuries) get first dibs. Thank you for responding to my post Trachel.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

-I learned that the universe is built on the principles of love, compassion, understanding, and forgiveness... whatever you do will be forgiven--spirits just want to learn why you did certain gross things so you never repeat those mistakes again

This is good to know. As for why I did it? Well, if felt really good at the time and that's all I'm sayin'.

At one point I said to a spirit, "Great, so reality was created by eleven computer nerds?"

At which point he responded, "We are NOT computer nerds."

(Apparently they don't really have a good sense of humor about it)

I wouldn't really trust that. I'd like to think that the truly benevolent divine is characterized by good humour. What use is a spiritual revolution if it doesn't make you laugh?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Ok this level is getting a little boring. I wanna move onto the peace & Love level.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Haha, you're already at the peace and love level--just as soon as everyone else alive realizes it.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
So God is lonely and attempting to build friends?

I guess it would be hard to make an automaton that is complex enough to seem "real"... we're a few years from it ourselves, as far as I can tell from NPCs.

Well, from accounts by people I trust and my own experiences and musings, something like this is the solution to this puzzle we're in, but I can't help but feel there is so much more that is indescribable with the language we use.

But a lonely God pining for friends sure would make sense of the melancholy that seems to echo through eternity, huh? I can't think of a worse situation than not having anyone to bounce ideas and jokes off of... pretty dismal having to stare into a mirror for eternity, huh. One needs other sentience to keep things even vaguely interesting, in my own monkey brain's view, anyway.

But as mentioned, perhaps 'simulation' is a poor word choice, as that suggests there is a more 'real' universe than this one, one that is just like this one but where you can cut a line in half forever and never reach the place where the pixels fuzz out (Plank Length).

Maybe "constructed" reality is a better fit? Too bad certain dogmas have co-opted that, too.

I wish I had the means for a real Amazon 'trip'... but there's something too much like ...er ... slumming attached to the idea. White guilt strikes down inner growth, again.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Never got the impression that God is lonely, but who doesn't want more friends?

It's rough living for sure. I was alone in a hut by myself in the jungle for most of the week. Mornings brought food and nights (might have) brought medicina. Free-range chickens kept my campsite bug free and lizards slunk through the nearby brush.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
So God is lonely and attempting to build friends?

Not attempting to 'build' friends exactly; more like creating a facebook page and all of its members reporting back to IT are of ITS own creation (brilliant) as has ITs own self created fan club upon which it reflects, and supposedly responds to (IT needs US to define Itself). Unfortunately for me the observer; God remains silent as to its true motives. I am a latch key child.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Just a thought god and those spirits you experienced were different forms of your higher self, and the eleven spirits are eleven forms of you which make up your incarnations.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join