It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS #51: With Rachel Dolezal, Orange Is The New Black

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

I saw this pic on the web and it cracked me up.

Breaking: Donald Trump announces run for Presidency and that he is in fact a black woman

You can't make this sh*t up...lol

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Now, we have a person, Rachel Dolezal, who has been faking her race for political, financial, and professional gain. That's right, Rachel Dolezal, born as a blonde-haired freckle-faced girl, has been passing herself off as a black woman, thanks to strategic use of spray-tan and "ethnic" hair styles. Using her new identity as a black woman, she received scholarships, teaching positions, and even a leadership role in the NAACP.

Crazy world considering the fact that within the very same nation a man walked into an historic black church and murdered nine human-beings because of the belief "the black man has taken over his country".

Trying to weigh out the two worlds that have collided this past week in the States.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
Great episode.

Been reading this whole event in the media and I actually feel kind of sorry for this woman. She has obviously got some kind of role play fantasy/fetish/disorder going on that has caused her to want to change her entire background - very Walter Mitty like behaviour.

I

I would assume that she had a lonely childhood, felt unwanted and was never "identitifed" through the cultural heritage of her own parents. Shame on them.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Granite

100% CORRECT...the new ATS is control op

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
'Blackface' makes fun of black people and perpetuates stereotypes. She was trying to BE a black person and helped that community. So, not the same.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gianfar

Great episode.

Been reading this whole event in the media and I actually feel kind of sorry for this woman. She has obviously got some kind of role play fantasy/fetish/disorder going on that has caused her to want to change her entire background - very Walter Mitty like behaviour.

I

I would assume that she had a lonely childhood, felt unwanted and was never "identitifed" through the cultural heritage of her own parents. Shame on them.
Her parents adopted black children that she grew up with. Maybe she identifies this way. Whichever, it would have been up to her employers to find this out and do whatever they felt appropriate. Her parents leaked this. They ARE horrible people.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Gianfar

Great episode.

I

Her parents adopted black children that she grew up with. Maybe she identifies this way. Whichever, it would have been up to her employers to find this out and do whatever they felt appropriate. Her parents leaked this. They ARE horrible people.

It doesn't fit with the paradox of transracial adoption effects. I would stress my earlier point that something in her life was quite amiss in terms of her self-image that she was unable to psychologically assimilate her cultural roots, albeit that one naturally has the right to chose her own destiny.

She'll be publicly demonized and now there's the dilemma of her worth having been unwisely vested in a false premise. Having lost trust in her parents will further isolate her from resolutions.

edit on 20-6-2015 by Gianfar because: corrections

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
" There are lots of ghetto as f$ck white people, and I know a bunch of them. " I've known people like this, too. It's a real thing.
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Parthin96
" There are lots of ghetto as f$ck white people, and I know a bunch of them. " I've known people like this, too. It's a real thing.

Totally.

Thats why I laugh when I hear either some black people or white people saying "Oh look at this white boy trying to be 'gangsta' or speaking black language."

In some cases the person in question may be exactly trying to do that.

There are others where some white people most definitely have been through everything necessary to create knowledge of those realms. I personally know white people who went through poverty, gangs, selling drugs, prison, illegal guns, etc. They know that world, again, more than most Black people. They are more "qualified" than most to talk about gangsta topics.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Oh sure! In racially-mixed public housing, all the kids grow up together, doing the same things, and as teens, they're in the same gang.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Well, to be honest - I don't really get what all the fuzz is about. I don't mind what colour a person has, as long as he or she (or perhaps it) runs the show correctly. I believe she did. Also, doesn't that C in NAACP stand for COLOURED? Well, if anybody matches that label it's her!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join