It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS #51: With Rachel Dolezal, Orange Is The New Black

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
How about doing a DNA test of her parents?

One never knows who got lucky with whom back in the wild and woolly 18th century.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

There are no laws that make dna test fraud a crime unless the test is court ordered.

In other words the testers can be bought off unless it is mandated by a judge.

I think that the courts should step in and mandate the test in cases like this where some ones reputation and mental health is involved and it will be done regardless of being a ward. At the least a person should be able to have test done in cases like this and everyone should be liable for such an family.
edit on 17-6-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Firstly, I was specifically referring to the UK.

Secondly, you implied things I didn't say.

The ''ghetto lingo'' I mentioned is specific to those calling themselves ''wiggers'' in the UK and most of them are not from the ''ghetto'', they are from the suburbs and only started talking in such ways when they became ''wiggers''.

The situation of CA is different to that of the UK.
edit on 18-6-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
My exhusband is just as crazy as this woman.And the lies, oh the lies!!
It'll never stop. In her mind it's everyone else's fault.

Did he claim to be of african decent or was he a white guy that liked hip hop?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Been reading this whole event in the media and I actually feel kind of sorry for this woman. She has obviously got some kind of role play fantasy/fetish/disorder going on that has caused her to want to change her entire background - very Walter Mitty like behaviour.

I'm not sure how anyone can look at this story and not realize that this wasn't so much a con as it was exactly what you just said. Reading some of the new information that's coming out about her childhood - it might just be about survival

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Firstly, I was specifically referring to the UK.

Secondly, you implied things I didn't say.

The ''ghetto lingo'' I mentioned is specific to those calling themselves ''wiggers'' in the UK and most of them are not from the ''ghetto'', they are from the suburbs and only started talking in such ways when they became ''wiggers''.

The situation of CA is different to that of the UK.

Fair enough. And I recognize you were speaking to UK.

We also have our share of white kids in the US who never grew up or experienced those realities, but try to be all gangsta. They are probably similar to those UK kids.

I guess I was reacting to and addressing more generally an oft stated position in the "social justice" community here in the US at least. Often I will hear people say about ANY white person who is acting ghetto, gangsta, or speaking that language: "Oh here comes a white boy trying to appropriate Black culture, rap, and ebonics."

So I'm addressing that. While your example and the examples of white kids from suburbs doing that here DOES fit that critique, there are also a lot of white people who DID grow up in the ghetto.

As I was saying, a white kid who grows up in a community rampant with drugs, gangs, prostitution, violence, etc, knows a hell of a lot more about the topics in rap music and gangsta culture than a random Black person who is the kid of doctors and grew up upper middle class. That's why such statements or generalities can be inaccurate. It also puts down those Black people, by making ebonics or ghetto talk "Black culture," rather than poverty and gang culture.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
On the Daily Show they showed a quick clip on her being interviewed:

Reporter: "Do you consider yourself to be African-American?"

Rachel: ( with long, anxious pause ) "I don't understand the question."

Lol. I think that about sums it up right there.

(post by misskat1 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeepImpactX

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa
Never know she could have been working undercover for the feds.

She never had the time.

NAACP local chapter presidents average salary: $100,000

Ombudsman average salary: $50,000

Adjunct University Professor average salary: $32,000

These are the jobs she held when she was "outed" by her parents. Now lets adjust those numbers per all the studies out there which prove that women (regardless of race) make roughly 15 to 20% less than men doing comparable work, and we're down to roughly $150,000 per year. This is what she raked in pretending she was black. Three jobs at the same time. Jobs that require at least a modicum amount of intelligence. This question is for Joe.....that guy who narrated the video: Since we can all agree that Rachel isn't a stupid woman (delusional maybe, but not stupid) how do you explain your assumption that she lied for professional gain? She could have easily gained jobs that pay roughly the same.....as a white woman.

Lied for financial gain? Not buying it.

Lied for personal gain? What did she gain Joe ? A different life ?

Lied for professional gain ? Tell me that CEO's, CFO's and others who rake in millions if not billions have not lied, stole cheated their way to the top, and I'll tell you that you're just as delusional as Rachel. Do you know why people like that don't get outed? Because they have the money to shut people, corporations and news outlets the hell up. Do you know why Rachel is being picked clean? She doesn't have the money, power or influence to shut people up, and we all know that.......yet she lied for professional and monetary gain. Spare me.

And that's the rub right there, isn't it?. Yes....she lied. She lied in order to immerse herself into a culture that wasn't hers for the purpose of putting herself in positions that help people. Look at her jobs. They all have two things in common: They help people and they don't pay well. Such is American culture.

But at the end of the day, who lies and deceives, goes out of their way, to put themselves in positions that help people and don't pay well?

I don't what smells worse...the story itself or how people are reacting to it.

How do any of those jobs not pay well???

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: theNLBS

Who cares if she passes her self off as black or white?

It's just skin.
are you serious? it's bizarre to me how this can be justified by the media and some people that it's ok to lie not just a small one this is a lie so big it's just impossible to grasp.it matters!doors opened for her just because she claimed to be black she worked the sysytem in her favor !she willfully gained monetarily from this.
she state"I identify as a black person" just another way of softening the lie a way of worming her way out ,she lied to get where she is her life is based on a lie.it doesn't matter what when where no matter what she says it's a lie....not ok not cool and so wrong in so many ways.I find it very creepy the way some people like to say It's ok to lie if you have good intentions, no wrong not ok! so instead of apologizing she's justifying....unbelievable

the spin

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
She has done a lot of good work. She grew up with black, adopted siblings. Who I question is her PARENTS. If I did something odd like that...my mother would question it but she would not rat me out to the press...EVER. That is the BIG part of this that is bad. Her parents are assholes. THAT is next level bull#.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
THe woman has been the walking epitome of "black face" and people arent even upset about it......

Shes fooled everyone by perpetuating stereo types......

How Ironic is that

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I think I'm Part Atlantian does that count

even though i have no shred of proof that i am !! LOL

Identity race crisis....

or she just playing Soul woman

www.youtube.com...

edit on 42015ThursdayfAmerica/Chicago6168 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 42015ThursdayfAmerica/Chicago6168 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
HAHA Shes a real life :

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Pathological liars should simply be shunned, unfortunately there's plenty of new dupes. Not sure what kinda personality disorder she has exactly, but I do believe people who have them like this should be identified and have it marked on their ID for everyone to see. Psychopaths, and malignant narcissists at the least.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

We got wiggers here as well. I've been seeing them since middle school in early 90s
edit on 18-6-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-6-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: coop039

originally posted by: DeepImpactX

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa
Never know she could have been working undercover for the feds.

She never had the time.

NAACP local chapter presidents average salary: $100,000

Ombudsman average salary: $50,000

Adjunct University Professor average salary: $32,000

These are the jobs she held when she was "outed" by her parents. Now lets adjust those numbers per all the studies out there which prove that women (regardless of race) make roughly 15 to 20% less than men doing comparable work, and we're down to roughly $150,000 per year. This is what she raked in pretending she was black. Three jobs at the same time. Jobs that require at least a modicum amount of intelligence. This question is for Joe.....that guy who narrated the video: Since we can all agree that Rachel isn't a stupid woman (delusional maybe, but not stupid) how do you explain your assumption that she lied for professional gain? She could have easily gained jobs that pay roughly the same.....as a white woman.

Lied for financial gain? Not buying it.

Lied for personal gain? What did she gain Joe ? A different life ?

Lied for professional gain ? Tell me that CEO's, CFO's and others who rake in millions if not billions have not lied, stole cheated their way to the top, and I'll tell you that you're just as delusional as Rachel. Do you know why people like that don't get outed? Because they have the money to shut people, corporations and news outlets the hell up. Do you know why Rachel is being picked clean? She doesn't have the money, power or influence to shut people up, and we all know that.......yet she lied for professional and monetary gain. Spare me.

And that's the rub right there, isn't it?. Yes....she lied. She lied in order to immerse herself into a culture that wasn't hers for the purpose of putting herself in positions that help people. Look at her jobs. They all have two things in common: They help people and they don't pay well. Such is American culture.

But at the end of the day, who lies and deceives, goes out of their way, to put themselves in positions that help people and don't pay well?

I don't what smells worse...the story itself or how people are reacting to it.

How do any of those jobs not pay well???

Exactly and in Eastern Wash.(lower employment/jobs than the rest of the state) those are damn good careers!

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Honestly, GOOD FOR HER!!!

The disparate opportunities, grants and scholarships offered in this country for being anything-but-white are quite shocking.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

My God. Next we'll find out that half of whats on ATS is made up as well !!!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
This is a great recap... of things we all knew 2 weeks ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join