It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS #51: With Rachel Dolezal, Orange Is The New Black

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Well there is the problem all the things you mentioned are somewhat based on the honor system and categorizing each other as such perpetuates the flawed system. Now the comment you made would be seen by many as very wrong. It is very hard to walk a mile in some shoes but the fact is that whites have longed for blacks to act more white and this chick went basically in the opposite direction of the crowd.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

Well there is the problem all the things you mentioned are somewhat based on the honor system and categorizing each other as such perpetuates the flawed system. Now the comment you made would be seen by many as very wrong. It is very hard to walk a mile in some shoes but the fact is that whites have longed for blacks to act more white and this chick went basically in the opposite direction of the crowd.

When you create a mentality of identity politics and victimhood with special considerations and privileges attached, you create incentive for people to try to game that system.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

So then what is the pay off in alienating the majority of the population? I am following your reasoning but do not see the direct benefit she gained or any benefit that I could gain if I went out today and followed her lead. Are you stating that if I applied for a job posing as a black man I could gain employment that way vs as being a white guy? I do not rely see the gain you do but I do see that she is dealing with designed deep seeded identity problems. As usual I take the spiritual route and say that inside we are far different than our shell and sometimes it shines through.

I am reminded of a friend on the school bus that was white outside but everything else about him was black and identified as black on a bus full of white kids. He would even tell you he was black and for the last 25 yrs has not changed but prospered by being true to his feelings. It was just weird because he had nothing at all to gain and was looked on as being mentally unstable but through the yrs has proved that other that identifying as black while being white he is someone that any respectable person would salute for life choices. I say whatever keeps your kids fed and happy is a positive.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
You're a purple and I'm a fuchsia.

You stay in your box and I'll stay in mine, cuz, um... yeah, that's the way I need it because purples aren't as cool as fuchsias and, cuz I'm a fuchsia and you're a purple, that means you're not as cool as me.

But, don't feel bad, because greens are a lot less important than both of us.

(((purples)))

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: masqua

stay in the box reminds me that possibly with jenner and dolezal we could be seeing the effects of reincarnation. If reincarnation is real then perhaps a new type of therapy for folks that sway from their programming is in order. There are so many spiritual aspects of life that go ignored but go far in explaining much of this.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

So then what is the pay off in alienating the majority of the population? I am following your reasoning but do not see the direct benefit she gained or any benefit that I could gain if I went out today and followed her lead. Are you stating that if I applied for a job posing as a black man I could gain employment that way vs as being a white guy? I do not rely see the gain you do but I do see that she is dealing with designed deep seeded identity problems. As usual I take the spiritual route and say that inside we are far different than our shell and sometimes it shines through.

I am reminded of a friend on the school bus that was white outside but everything else about him was black and identified as black on a bus full of white kids. He would even tell you he was black and for the last 25 yrs has not changed but prospered by being true to his feelings. It was just weird because he had nothing at all to gain and was looked on as being mentally unstable but through the yrs has proved that other that identifying as black while being white he is someone that any respectable person would salute for life choices. I say whatever keeps your kids fed and happy is a positive.

If you say the right things and follow the right narrative, certainly it could be lucrative and there are tons of federal set asides, small business loans, preferential treatments for hiring and contracting.

I'd say that she did profit. At least two of her jobs arguably could have been gained by being a leftist speaking minority. As much as the NAACP claims to have race neutral hiring practices, I doubt that in practice they are that neutral.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Only on a micro scale.

There is not enough room for a black faced employment movement.

Of coarse we could claim that any profits she made was the reason she done it but then we could say too that she gave up her million dollar ceo job to take up the plight of a black women.

The truth is that black women are among the most under employed among us and only a fool would trade being a white women for being a black women in financial terms in general.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Only on a micro scale.

There is not enough room for a black faced employment movement.

Of coarse we could claim that any profits she made was the reason she done it but then we could say too that she gave up her million dollar ceo job to take up the plight of a black women.

The truth is that black women are among the most under employed among us and only a fool would trade being a white women for being a black women in financial terms in general.

But she didn't have a million dollar CEO job. What she DID have, however, were jobs based on a certain race and leftist/progressive narrative.

Will there be thousands of imitators? Perhaps not. However, this is what a society gets when the state promotes identity politics and racial preferences.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

My point with the ceo job reference was that we can not say for sure what she would be doing with her life if she did not choose the path she did. We can speculate and say that she is better off for doing what she did but it is speculation either way and while there is a chance it was for financial gain it really does not seem that way to me.

It is more likely that the way she was raised and certain factors in her life have steered her to the life she choose. Even the parents have deep apathy with under privileged blacks and more than financial gain she choose the route for variously inner reasons of which monetary gain was one reason among many. In other words she had no money to gain by having step brothers of color or a husband of color.

It is clear to me that she deeply identifies with blacks for many reasons and now society has to really decide if it is a mental illness of just a person doing the best with what they were dealt.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

My point with the ceo job reference was that we can not say for sure what she would be doing with her life if she did not choose the path she did. We can speculate and say that she is better off for doing what she did but it is speculation either way and while there is a chance it was for financial gain it really does not seem that way to me.

It is more likely that the way she was raised and certain factors in her life have steered her to the life she choose. Even the parents have deep apathy with under privileged blacks and more than financial gain she choose the route for variously inner reasons of which monetary gain was one reason among many. In other words she had no money to gain by having step brothers of color or a husband of color.

It is clear to me that she deeply identifies with blacks for many reasons and now society has to really decide if it is a mental illness of just a person doing the best with what they were dealt.

And my point is that yes, what she might of done is speculation, but what she has done is pretty obvious. Whether there was gain (there was--she had jobs based on her narrative), attention (she was always out there in the forefront with her speeches and fake paintings), a feeling of self-righteousness "I can't go to a tea party because they hate black people like me," etc. are plainly seen. If it she was intentionally deceptive or just sick may still be to determined, but she was and still is a liar and deceptive person.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

*slow clap* Now that, sir, was Hollywood-level-maudlin. You even brought god into it!

As far as the topic:

It will be interesting to see how the media spins all this in the next couple of years. It could be a blip on their radar, or used to stir up even more ways for us to be racially divided, to speak from foil.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Sounds like she saw "Soul Man" and figured out how to go to college for free.

Wow, that was one uncomfortable interview in the OP, "Is this your dad?" Wow....he totally had her number.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

I agree about all these feminine men. I have noticed the change too. Too many guys that just aren't all that manly. They get their eyebrows waxed, get manicures, etc. I want a manly man. I want a man who can bait a hook, kill me some meat if need be, a man that doesn't take longer than me to get ready. I want a man that is a leader not one of these men that let their women emasculate them and run the show. I am a woman and deep down women want a REAL man. The feminist out there may argue that point but I think that deep down women do want a protector, someone who makes her feel safe and secure. Not some guy who shops for skinny jeans with you.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Huh, as a second language speaker I'm not familiar with the word maudlin but I see it means foolishly sentimental so I don't know if that was a jab or not but yeah it's all a big jest. I engage in hyperbole but I almost feel like I must to come close to trying to explain the very weird and contradictive ways of modern liberalism. They're always pushing their boundaries of what's ok to think and the correct modes of behaviour(their mental straight jackets) like the obedient conformists they are. Essentially imposing it on anyone susceptible to such shaming tactics, bound by the historically ever present herd behaviour of humanity. And their net of public shaming is ever expanding, think you've seen crazy liberalism? It gets worse, I'd like to say that as a Swede I live it..

In the end, this jest is all on the masses. I just shout my disgust to the sky here on ATS, call it the psychotherapy of dealing with a mad world..

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Dolezal is name from my place. I think it comes from Slowenia. And here is very popular Sanja Dolezal. She was singer.

Anyway, it is good to see some white people turning black. But it is bad to see she take advantage for that.

For example in my country we don't have much black people, those few that are here have no special things. But we have gypsy and they have all kind of benefits. But nobody in the world would turn and play a gypsy for some advantage.

So things are not so bad, she could be playing gypsy...

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: theNLBS
We've all heard of a few journalists plagiarizing the work of others, making up key sources, faking interviews, and fabricating research. We've also heard of people making up key education credentials and experience in their professional bios and resumes. Now, we have a person, Rachel Dolezal, who has been faking her race for political, financial, and professional gain. That's right, Rachel Dolezal, born as a blonde-haired freckle-faced girl, has been passing herself off as a black woman, thanks to strategic use of spray-tan and "ethnic" hair styles. Using her new identity as a black woman, she received scholarships, teaching positions, and even a leadership role in the NAACP. This one can't be missed.

Watch in HD on www.TheNLBS.com

Share this video. Tell your friends. Spread the Next Level BS!

Follow Next Level BS on Twitter @theNLBS

Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Go to the website: www.theNLBS.com

And get NLBS t-shirts and swag thenlbs.spreadshirt.com

www.democracynow.org...

Democracy Now has a good segment today on this, with interviews with various experts and the woman herself.

I think the primary issue is that Ms. Dolezal lied about her ethnic background, especially in order to get the positions that she has.

However, a VERY interesting point that I've now heard people say in the aftermath is: "If people can be trans-sexual, meaning born in a certain sex but feel that their true self is another sex, then why can't people be "trans-racial?"

In the Democracy Now segment, it shows an interview with Dolezal where she refers to herself as "trans-racial." It is a solid point though. In fact, race is less scientifically valid than is sex. So if sex is more scientifically valid and verifiable, why couldn't someone be "trans-racial?"
edit on 17-6-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Sounds like your ex and mine are long lost relatives.

They both must be cousins with my ex...

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
Obviously an opportunist and perhaps slightly delusional. I read that she tried suing a black college she attended for discrimination against her for being white. The irony!

There are some girls in the UK that call themselves ''wiggers'', their term, not mine, that are white girls dating black guys, they fake tan themselves orange, paint on black eyebrows, colour their hair black and speak 'gangsta lingo'. Odious but at least they are a bit more honest.

It is bizarre that people can't just be themselves, racially. There are women bleaching their skin in other lands. I know of a person that did something similar in the 80's, naturally darkish skinned white person that afro'd their hair, coloured it black and suntanned themselves teak brown, they did the whole playing the victim thing due to being 'black', even though they weren't.

Such behaviour is also a reflection of society and the trend for being ''victims''.

I agree with everything you said except the "gangsta lingo" part.

Remember, gangsta lingo is a function mostly of poverty and, you know, gangs. I have a number of friends from ghettos in CA growing up who are everything from black to Latino to white. Trust me when I say that a white kid growing up in the ghetto, gangs, dealing illegal things, etc, knows that lingo and world way better than some Black kid that grew up in the suburbs.

So don't "essentialize" thug behavior or ghetto talk to Blacks. There are lots of ghetto as f$ck white people, and I know a bunch of them.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: amberinsc

You may find this interesting then:

In ancient Greek society, cowardice was an especially condemned character trait, and malakia (Greek: ἀνανδρία – anandria; μαλακία – malakia; Latin: mollites) was a particular kind of spinelessness, softness, lack of perseverance, and moral weakness which was associated with effeminacy in men. To the ancient Greek, bravery was so essential to manliness, that its absence was associated with femininity. Malakia was a condition of failure to live up to the ethical and social standards expected of a male citizen. It could also refer to races, cultures, and societies as a whole.

And

Herodotus recounted an incident that happened in Asia Minor. This was an appeal from King Croesus, the king of Lydia to the Persian King. The Persian king wanted to kill all the males to keep them from revolting and what the defeated king proposed was to inculturate softness in order to make the people docile and servile; effeminacy was seen as the mark of a slave. These men are to be softened.

But let the Lydians be pardoned; and lay on them this command, that they may not revolt or be dangerous to you; then, I say, and forbid them to possess weapons of war, and command them to wear tunics under their cloaks and buskins on their feet, and to teach their sons lyre-playing and song and dance and huckstering (the word "retail" in one translation). Then, O King, you will soon see them turned to women instead of men; and thus you need not fear lest they revolt

The rulers of mankind has always had an understanding of group dynamics and mass psychology. Many of them initiates of mystery religions. Even if you just take a somewhat modern occult interpretation of these subjects it's hard to argue that these people didn't know their psychology, they rather excelled in it. You could call them magicians, adepts, you could call the financial system money magic. The point is, they know how to leverage their power, the world of possibilities that such paths and insights can open would be considered nothing short of amazing to a non initiate. With the understanding of the hidden forces and laws of nature your personal box suddenly becomes infinitely larger. Maybe the point isn't if Joe Sixpack believes in it, but rather that these people certainly do the way they strut around Bohemian Grove flaunting their secrets.

They have a deep understanding of the male and female principles of nature all around us, what they are doing is they're inverting the genders. Maximum confusion, maximum chaos. They're not only putting males against females, they are putting embracers of this covert ideology against the more old fashioned folk. This just split humanity four ways in yet another way.

And what are they - the rulers - doing while we're forced to walk these people through their impossible logical fallacies and explain to them that looking at someone is not sexual harassment? They're looting the whole World, starting corporate wars and following covert agendas that almost entirely work against our benefit.

We're getting screwed royally. And when the Republican party implodes don't think they won't have a new right they'll try to steer, it's gestating in the alternative right as we speak. And it's awfully reactionary and even fascist.

Sick, sick games. And of course, if one wants to jump into the mystic sea things get even sicker.

"We are being preyed upon by higher systems of sorcery." That about sums it up.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Apparently there is more than meets to the eye to this whole thing.

Mayor calls for her and two others to resign;

Dolezal and Dominguez also exhibited a bias against law enforcement within the scope of their activities as OPOC commissioners and in public, the report finds. The report cited Dolezal's involvement with protests of recent officer-involved shootings.
The report further stated Dolezal's position as NAACP President is a conflict of interest with her role as OPOC chair. The report said her involvement with protests of law enforcement is in conflict with her ability to serve on the OPOC in an unbiased manner.

Source
Actually, being a local development to me, this is what I heard of early on, that she was potentially ousted by the whistle blower(parents followed suit on their own accord) because if not she would remain a threat to law enforcement.

Protesting that the African American man shot by police was against policy.

Not that I support any lying or other things she's accused of but here's the conspiracy aspect of it.

edit on 17-6-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join