It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Police Officer Supporting 'Help For Heroes' Verbally Assaulted by Anjem Choudary

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: L.A.B

Thank you, that was very helpful!

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Well done to the officer, although all to aware of the camera. Officers are pretty much trained now to "think camera" in ever situation, not that it does them any good.

Choudary has a big mouth, but that big mouth attracts many weak minded fools to the so called "cause". He gets a lot of media coverage, he is well known and he is a magnet for the weak and easily brainwashed. I'm not too worried about him, you all just remember, he is easily contactable and generally has a wealth of information to share...

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
This Chaudary chap could do with a rendition into a black hole somewhere - or better yet, push him out the back of a C-130 flying over Mosul and he can live the happy life under IS who no doubt will take an interest in his previous, hedonistic lifestyle - plus if he does turn out to be a spook, they'll lop his head off. Either way, win-win!

originally posted by: Freeborn
Help for Heroes does some amazing work for our veterans and I try to support them however I can.
But as a slight aside I also think its a damning indictment on this country that ex-Servicemen have to rely on charity to provide the support that they need.

Freeborn, they don't need to rely on H4H at all - the MoD has spent a huge sum of money building a brand new rehabilitation centres and now does excellent work supporting injured vets - admittedly, it wasn't always so but they have stepped up to the plate quite a bit over recent years.

H4H offers support that is outside the immediate healthcare and rehabilitation needs the MoD takes care of and they both work hand in hand, the Government has even donated to them from time to time.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: L.A.B

LOL, look at that whole street. Nothing but burkas and hijabs up and down, and what sounds like the loudspeakers from a Mosque....

Seriously good good Britons!!! You've thrown away your country.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Thing is through just because they have burkas and hijabs on don't make them any less British considering a significant proportion of the people in question were born in the country. Just because they follow the Muslim faith doesn't make them any less British.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

In the eyes of the law, yes, but in their own eyes not many will readily identify with being "British" themselves, which is part of the problem. Many of the most vociferous "anti-British" Muslims are 2nd or 3rd generation, born and bred British yet they don't believe in any of the "values" that make up being "British"..

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Muslims I live near and work with with hate everything this guy stands for.
Don't care I hope he gets a good slap one day.
Maybe Jeremy paxtman should duff him up.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

I suppose it is indeed part of the problem but we cannot tar them all with the same brush. There are plenty of people in this nation from all different sorts of walks of life and many of generations down the line that no longer identify with our notion of British values, some may even call that progress. Its the ones that also identify with religious intolerance xenophobia bullcrap aka Mr Choudary's type that we need to worry about.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

More like Jeremy Clarkson.

I would pay to see Clarkson and Choudary go a few rounds. LoL

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Oh no, certainly not - I don't want you to think I am tarring anybody. I work with some very nice Muslim chappies, who work happily alongside us infidel Whitey's, Hindu's, Sikhs, Eastern Europeans and other godless heathens.

But.....

There is a significant minority in that particular demographic who do not sympathise with what we think of as liberal, British values and aspire to converting our nation into one of the barbaric hellholes we see elsewhere in the world. That needs to be countered, both by their peers in the community and us as a nation at large.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Our community's are exactly where such issues need to be countered and addressed. Integration is obviously the key. Dont help matters with people like this Choudary fellow doing the rounds.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Thing is through just because they have burkas and hijabs on don't make them any less British considering a significant proportion of the people in question were born in the country. Just because they follow the Muslim faith doesn't make them any less British.

As someone with working and living experience in Tower Hamlets and lived all my life in London, worked all my working life in London, I wouldn't be so sure of this statement.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join