It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed: President Reagan Carried a Gun

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: wasaka

Well the OP states:

After the 1981 assassination attempt on his life, former President Ronald Reagan reportedly began carrying a gun almost everywhere he went, bestselling thriller author Brad Meltzer told MyFoxNY Monday.

So it isn't unreasonable to assume that he was carrying it for additional protection instead of machismo reasons.

Again, you're correct.
I agree that he would've kept it for 'last-resort' backup protection, in the unlikely case it was ever needed.

I sincerely doubt he'd keep a gun in his briefcase for machismo reasons.
After all, in his OTHER briefcase, he's got launch codes for nuclear weapons...Can't carry anything more 'Macho' than that

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: IAMTAT

And i bet you would be the first to tell me you only have a split second to decide to shoot or not.

Isn't off body carry frowned upon?

And you'd lose that bet, my friend.
I don't own a gun...although I DO own a briefcase

As far as whether or not 'off body carry' is frowned upon?
IDK...but, HE's the POTUS...so, there's that.
edit on 16-6-2015 by IAMTAT because: correction

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
If I correctly recall a visit I made to the Ronald Regan Library in California a few years ago, there was a double barreled pistol that looked like a stapler on display.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
M'eh. Teddy Roosevelt Light.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Excuse me , but who said that Ronald Reagan was the Greatest President since Abraham Lincoln?

There are Presidents in between the two which Legacy is far more important than his:

Franklin D. Roosevelt , who won WWII after to move the country out of the Great Depression

Woodrow Wilson, who won WWI and was Nobel peace Prize.

John F. Kennedy who pushed the American Space program as none other to reach the goal of arrive to the moon first, solved the Cuban missiles crisis without sending the world to WWIII , as well as his giant contribution in civil rights.

Dwight Eisenhower, who had the best macroeconomic indicators ever in the History of the country, developed the highway system of the country and also won the Korean war.

What made Reagan so special? what are his so important contributions to the country?

Even his administration was involved in a political scandal of trading weapons with an enemy country , Iran, to use the profit to finance the contras in Nicaragua, that almost cost him impeachment.

After almost 3 years of huge recession (1981-83) in his first term Reagan started , with an irresponsible tax and public expenses cut policy in favor of the great Capital, the escalation of the public debt of the country that right now almost have killed the value of Dollar in the markets.

Reagan's recesssion was the worst after the Great Depression and before the Great Recession created by the G.W. Bush Era. Unemployment peaked at nine million and 17,000 businesses failed.

www.pewresearch.org...

www.pbs.org...

www.gilderlehrman.org...

It is true that Reagan settled down the agreements that put end the cold war, but that was done together with Gorbachev, and it was the Russian leader who got the Nobel prize not him.

Reagan perhaps was a Show Master, but well after all that was his profession, he studied just to be an Actor!

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 7/2/2015 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join