It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Billy Meier was telling us the truth? (he wasn't, he was lying, it's all a hoax)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I think the story scares people at the core. Much as Walton and the Anderson's story has done. If he's evidence - if any of them are - then we aren't alone in the universe - but whats more - we aren't even alone or even Apex of our own planet.

It's so much easier to say, naw, that's crazy talk... it's like believing in Santa Claus or God even - and then pretend it isn't happening.

CdT

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: the angel of light
a reply to: Aliensun & redtic

Dear AlienSun & Redtic,

Can you bring to discussion where it was published by Billy Meier the so called dinosaur photos you have mentioned? I can't find any reference what so ever of paper with those photos, nor any book written by him showing them.

Nevertheless I found a video in youtube showing them , among many other fantastic things that supposedly the lecturer is attributing to him. The person giving the talk of course is not by Billy Meier but by somebody else talking about him.

Here is the video:

www.youtube.com...

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

Meier until up to 1978, promoted that Pterosaur photo as a genuine picture.
www.billymeieruforesearch.com...

Some of the many fantastic pictures which you refer to were in fact published as genuine in Meier's recent contact books published in 2001 and 2002. As it turns out they are proven fakes. Feel free to go through my website and comment on them.

As examples:

edit on 16-6-2015 by mahigitam because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-6-2015 by mahigitam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Chadwickus

It is too Alien to be from earth, I mean look at the technology in the gun...it blows my mind ;/.

ha ha the gun is, admittedly, super-awesome.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I don't understand.
HOW can ONLY the hostile aliens succeed?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
look at what meier has named his children..
..that pretty much explains what he is all about

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: the angel of light

Here you go. That's Jeff's ATS account. Most of his work on this case can be found on here.

Also, as was pointed out earlier the source of the claim that Meier was shot at was Wendelle Stevens. Stevens' own partner in the investigation said Stevens made that up.
edit on 6/16/2015 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: unit76

Okay, my curiosity is peaked. I checked his Wikipedia page but didn't find any mention of his kids names. What are they?

CdT

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

Meier has two sons , Atlantis and Methusalem , he also has a daughter Gilgamesha.
Beats Jane , Doug and Dave I guess.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
the angel of light:

Is not this quite ironic?? Just only now you are able to catch a fake English word?

No. Nothing ironic about it at all. I saw the word at the headline and knew instantly that it reduced the credibility of whatever claim the OP was trying to make. Don't play games with members who hold a genuine interest in the same subject as you do, you might want their support.

From a neutral standpoint, everything about Billy Meier screams charlatan with no subtlety. As others have claimed, he has been thoroughly debunked. He just happened to be at the forefront of a number of claimants during the 60's and 70's supposedly chosen for channelling sessions by altruistic extraterrestrials holding an interest in the welfare of our planet and all its life forms.

Consider for a moment that a representative of an altruistic race of advanced extraterrestrials were going to give cautionary disclosures about our planet's and mankind's place in the universal scheme of things. Remember, this is an advanced race...

They will not speak to mankind in the manner that Meier claims, they will seek to engage us at a level we will not only be able to understand without necessary re-interpretation or constant questioning, but with a direct and forthright consult. They will already know the things we will reject, what claims we will ignore, so they will approach us and communicate with us at a level that we will engage with them. So telepathy and other magic nonsense will not be used, otherwise the message they think is important will be lost in our lack of credulity.

There would be nothing vague or cryptic in the presentation of their message. They wouldn't just speak to individuals or just to world leaders, they would bypass them to gain maximum attention and maximum disclosure through a global instance event. They would reach out to all of us at the same time so that there would be no capacity for cover up or hidden agenda. The global disclosure would be a shock to many and a welcomed gesture also, it would ripple out across the globe causing paradigmatic and mindset changes of profound significance. It would force us to 'grow up' and finally mature.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
dp
edit on 16-6-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
Billy Meier has been completely and thorougly debunked so many times it's not funny. Do you really need me to dig up the links, cause I will....

Yes, dig up the links.

BTW, do you ever sleep ?!?!

How do you manage to be the first poster in almost every thread all day long?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The Meier case is, plain and simple, a complete load of hogwash from the very beginning. It's been so thoroughly proven utter B.S. that the only people left who will even consider it are the bottom barrel feeders so desperate to believe something, they'll believe...well...anything.

It's supporters and cult members have largely all fallen away, but back when I was debunking it routinely - it would garner you personal and family directed threats via phone calls at 3am. It wasn't fun. Back then I was asked by a huge Meier supporter named Jim Deardorff (now deceased) multiple times where I lived and worked - as well as that he wanted me to post a picture of myself. Creepy in the extreme.

The photo below was a response to duplicate one of the disc shots from Meier with a small model like he used (and supporters denied he used). I did that using a small plastic model and posted it to the Meier yahoo group where many supporters congregated online. Horn, Deardorff, and many of the people in that group were struggling to find out where Meier had taken this photo...they thought it was one of his.

I later told them all that it was mine, and that it was a small model. After I brought several other things to light in that Yahoo group (the moving tree, the lack of atmospheric hazing etc), many members left and were disgusted and embarrassed that they were hoodwinked by this nonsense. These were some of the most vocal and defending members.

Horn and his ilk only make up and cherry pick 'facts' that suit them. He's been caught here at ATS selectively editing quotes from people he claims support the case - I've contacted people like Michael Malin of Malin Space Science Systems who are listed as supporting the case as authentic - and of course he doesn't. Others have said they were selectively quoted. After awhile it starts to sound like a Seinfeld episode...

"Well Mr. Costanza, we'd hire you immediately..of course..."

Those who know the show will get what I'm saying here.

But every now and then as is apt to happen in UFOlogy, these zombie cases tend to climb out of the grave and haunt the landscape with their rotting claims and groans of touted 'experts'. But all one need do is look around even slightly, to see what has already been shown to be utter nonsense.

The Meier case is a good case of one thing: overdone debunking. A five year old could tell the visual evidence is crap - that many of us have duplicated the photos is nothing more than rising to the 'challenge' put forth by the proponents of the case. Those proponents can incite you to actually do that with their abusive and vicious attacks. That is where I have the most regret: I gave the case FAR more of my time than it deserved. So have many others. It's a con on many levels.

Here's the bottom line: to give it any attention is to give it too much. I learned that the hard way. That it's still being brought up as a question mark case is not only stupid, but insulting to us who've done the work and presented it. But, it's not surprising. The UFO field has degraded so badly in what it considers evidence that it's led us to the Roswell slides for chrissakes.

So in answer to the OP, no, it's crap - all crap and has always been crap, now and forevermore. Anything more said is a waste of time, and to pay it any more attention than one post here on ATS is to acknowledge it as worthy of attention.

It isn't.

edit on 16-6-2015 by jritzmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: the angel of light

Reading the link you provided exposes Horn as either a non repentant crook or a mentally deranged rambling lunatic.

Hope they close this thread. It's a waste of time.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jritzmann

Good to see you jeff.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
Billy Meier has been completely and thorougly debunked so many times it's not funny. Do you really need me to dig up the links, cause I will....

Not so much. What we really NEED you to do is find another forum that you have some belief in and stop cluttering up every UFO thread with your chronic denial.

Meier's case is pretty fantastic, and multiple attempts to make it disappear have been attempted. I happen to think theres something to it. All UFO cases have been "thoroughly debunked" because thats the current protocol. It doesnt make them hoaxes.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Make dot points on the Meir case that have NOT been debunked.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: mahigitam

Meier until up to 1978, promoted that Pterosaur photo as a genuine picture.

Who is "FSB 20"?

It would seem that perhaps this association is actually "hear say"...

Some of the many fantastic pictures which you refer to were in fact published as genuine in Meier's recent contact books published in 2001 and 2002. As it turns out they are proven fakes. Feel free to go through my website and comment on them.

Back in the around 1978 or so I met and worked with one Marcel Vogel, a senior scientist for IBM. Marcel was at that time also working with a group to investigate Meier's photographs, so I was able to see many of them in their original state.

The images I saw in the late 70's are different from what I've seen being "debunked"...the differences seem rather extraordinary, almost "night and day".

I don't think that any of those images I was fortunate enough to see could be debunked by conventional "debunking" technique.

edit on 16-6-2015 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Well said Jeff!
And by the way Jeff, where can I find more of your fantastic recreations?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

The images I saw in the late 70's are different from what I've seen being "debunked"...the differences seem rather extraordinary, almost "night and day".

I don't think that any of those images I was fortunate enough to see could be debunked by conventional "debunking" technique.

why do you think billy chose to use poor quality fakes instead of the good ones?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Dear jritzmann,

Well, I never intended to insult anybody by opening the thread, it was just curiosity on a famous UFO case, that possibly went too much far as a hoax, but it still has followers around the world. It seems not everybody became so much convinced that it was satisfactorily debunked , or Billy Meier organization is more powerful economically that was initial thought, perhaps he is not really the brain of it, just who got the initial idea and he has sponsors.

Now, one thing is clear there is a cult phenomenon around him, something that I found extremely worrying, since it seems he is in some way claiming attributes that belong to a figure in History that clearly is not him. Some of his statements suggest he pretend to be not only a contacted by Aliens but a kind of major Prophet or Christ of our time chosen to offer salvation.

Possibly that so long beard, look like Moses or Elijah, is after all a symbol that we must read more cautiously.

Here a video that is produced by his organization, promoting the cult. Again, I think this kind of propaganda it is difficult to be made with few money, it is so much professional, so there must be great economic interests supporting him, some where.

It is sad to recognize but the case is not only possibly one of the best UFO hoaxes ever, but also perhaps the seed of a major Heretic movement that wants to push a lot of people in the wrong direction following the wrong leader, abusing of the hysteria of the end of the world attributed to the millennialism.

www.youtube.com...

Here a kind of Meier pseudo gospel of Christ that I believe is a kind of sacred scripture of his sect.

www.tjresearch.info...

questionyourreality.wordpress.com...

I think Meiers pheonomenon is anyway more complex than a vulgar and common hoax, it reaches the level of Heresy or spiritual schism and his methods and actions look like very similar what we can expect of an AntiChrist or the false prophet announced to come by the revelation book.

en.wikipedia.org...

So, in conclusion this case deserves some good attention, since not every hoaxer claims role of prophet, starts an organization, involve a lot of people in other countries, publish his own sacred book and collects memberships successfully, this is far to be an stupidity as you suggest, maybe can be qualified as a case of madness , anyway it even goes well above the level of common scam.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 6/16/2015 by the angel of light because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join