It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The High Profits of Marijuana with Dan Skye

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Today I sit down with High Times Magazine’s Editor-in-Chief Dan Skye to sound off on the high profits of marijuana. Today, there’s a million uses for cannabis. But America is falling behind, due to the prohibition of this miracle resource. Skye joins me to break down the economic and health benefits of what our government deems a dangerous plant.

Do you agree or disagree with me?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Such a "no-brainer" issue with cannabis. I am not sure why, but many on the political right are totally against legalization because they believe that it is a left wing agenda. Not sure why this has to be polarized by politics but it seems to me that even some medicinal use of cannabis should be enough to reschedule the drug at the federal level and the benefits should be acknowledged regardless of your political affiliation.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I think one of the main points that is keeping this natural medicine out of the reach of most who need it is.......the big pharma companies will lose money on the synthetic drugs they pump into people,because the joe norm will be able to grow his own meds,for many purposes and stop shoveling man made drugs down his gullet.Theres many things cannabis is good for,and usually its the long time users that know this and have given up over the decades of trying to prove this fact......they know its doing them good and thats all they need to know.........then BANG......the govt decrims it,taxes it,makes you barcode every plant,report the harvest amounts and such......the growers are doing the leg work and the govt sits back and scoops the cream off the top.
Now what happens to the med users that are rotting in jail for growing a plant that is now legal to a point?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

Jesse, I can tell you that in WA, the only ones really making a killing in cannabusiness are the state and federal government. Each grow facility requires 24/7 camera coverage, seed to sale tracking software with high monthly fees, expensive lab testing, laughable environmental regulations (a marijuana facility in WA technically can produce no waste run off, even when farmers dump millions of gallons of pesticides and let them drain wherever), and outrageous excise taxes (at least 50% in WA, not including sales taxes). All profit is taxed at the ~35% federal corporate rate. As a "recreational marijuana" grower, you'll be competing with basically unregulated medical and black market growers. It's a very tough way to make money right now. If you want more inside information, feel free to PM me.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I don't think you really care. You haven't replied to a single response to any of these threads.

Marijuana should be legal around the world as it was in the past, but as you know you can't "medicate" healthy people.

You like a smoke yourself gov'ner?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I don't think you really care.
a reply to: EA006

Easy there fella, even Jessie has to sleep.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Good video. I wish people would just be honest about this issue. Why don't they just admit they want to keep profiting off of marijuana prohibition?

Administrators need funding from the Drug War programs to supplement state and local budgets. Police departments need funding from the Drug War programs and from asset forfeitures to fund their department budgets. Politicians need high incarceration rates to convince their gullible constituencies that they're being tough on crime. Organized crime needs the Drug War to continue in order to keep their prices high. Legal drug companies need the Drug War to continue to reduce competition for their products.

Plus many Americans are secretly invested in the illegal drug trade, and that can include anyone from lawyers, doctors, construction workers, artists, biker gangs & street gangs, etc. The saddest & most unforgivable part is that these people value their own financial interests over the lives of other Americans. Americans whose lives are being ruined for possessing a plant. Not a bomb or mutilated bodies, but a naturally occurring plant.
edit on 15-6-2015 by enlightenedservant because: clarified something

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

I don't think you really care.

Easy there fella, even Jessie has to sleep.

Been sleeping for a few years has he?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

I don't think you really care. You haven't replied to a single response to any of these threads.

Marijuana should be legal around the world as it was in the past, but as you know you can't "medicate" healthy people.

You like a smoke yourself gov'ner?

On any other forum when a OP dose not repond to their own posts they would be labeled a troll. But not here.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: GUITARPLAYER

It's Jesse Ventura for crying out loud. You know, the former Navy Seal, former wrestler, former governor, former conspiracy theory TV producer and God knows what else .. I think we can bend the rules a bit for him don't you?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Guidance.Is.Internal

We respect Jesse for what he has done. Doesn't mean he couldn't answer some replies to the threads he creates.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
nice video.
what i would like is proper and larger scale research into the effects of cannabis> cancer, immune system, etc. The good AND the bad. I tried to find out but research papers are in conflict with each other. Some research state that marijuana even has a pro cancer effect, but this was done by injecting mice with massive ammounts of pure THC in levels i don't think is possible by smoking or consumption. I want some clarity.

But people do not forget smoking in all forms is bad for you! Even smoked meat is carcinogenic. If you really want to enjoy weed properly get a vaporisor or eat it.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
...but it's still good, isn't it? Even if Mr. V. used the vids only for clickjacking, PageRank and add-cash. I don't care. It's the way it is today.
He gave the energy to make the vid. He has the mojo. Your job is to write stuff no one cares and just a few read.

I doubt he even makes the OP himself. I would use the staff too.
Chill out. It's a good day and the Sun is shining for free.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
...but it's still good, isn't it? Even if Mr. V. used the vids only for clickjacking, PageRank and add-cash. I don't care. It's the way it is today.
He gave the energy to make the vid. He has the mojo. Your job is to write stuff no one cares and just a few read.

I doubt he even makes the OP himself. I would use the staff too.
Chill out. It's a good day and the Sun is shining for free.

Then post the videos on youtube then, if he's just looking for publicity or money.

Why ask questions if you're not interested in the answers?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Marijuana is a word used by the early propagandists in the 19-teens and twenties to associate the 'demon weed' with Mexican migrants turken der jerbs (and getting potted up on the rape-leaf). Before then, everybody called it cannabis. The word 'cannabis' has its roots going back thousands of years.

Respectfully, Jesse, as a man I respect tremendously (childhood hero of mine, great wrestler and the #1 colour commentator in WWF/E history, with Vince himself a close second.)

Seeing yours posts here inspired me to finally watch the Predator franchise. The first is great, but the second is a real dud.

I may not agree with you with a lot of the tinfoily stuff, but keep doing what you're doing because you rock dude.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

True. Unless it's just rhetorical questions.

a reply to: Monger

originally posted by: Monger
Marijuana is a word used by the early propagandists...etc

Do you need to call taxes the ""temporary refund adjustment." like Lisa Simpson?
The etymology could reach old Chinese words Hua Ma and other old sources. Even if not you can still use Marry Jane/Marijuana word with proud when it's older than "the early propagandists in the 19-teens and twenties"
You are actually trying to set a newspeak by rejecting the old words

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guidance.Is.Internal

It's Jesse Ventura for crying out loud. You know, the former Navy Seal, former wrestler, former governor, former conspiracy theory TV producer and God knows what else .. I think we can bend the rules a bit for him don't you?

Why? Or are some animals more equal than others? Thanks for not calling him Gov JV. He's not a governor any more just a citizen. Just like Clinton He's just a citizen and not the president anymore. I’ve always found it strange that here in America if you’re a former elected person or former military person, and even judge somehow that makes you someone to honor with a moniker of a title. I had always thought we fought for independence to get away from royalty.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

What I meant is that the word entered the English language thanks to the propagandists who sought to associate it with a hated minority - Mexican migrants. I wasn't suggesting that 'marijuana' is a word that Anslinger and Co pulled out of their bungs, I was merely suggesting that cannabis is a far superior alternative in 2015 as it doesn't have the built-in negative connotation.

I'm not trying to be the thought police. Calm down, Winston Smith. The word cannabis is hardly 'newspeak.'

This sort of argument is why the plant is still illegal. Too many people can't see the forest or the trees.

I apologize if your reading comprehension failed you.
edit on 6/16/2015 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

There's a reason he was a Navy Seal, governor, producer of Conspiracy Theory, etc. So yes, let's bend the rules to have exceptional people here.
edit on 6/17/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guidance.Is.Internal

There's a reason he was a Navy Seal, governor, producer of Conspiracy Theory, etc. It's because he's exceptional, probably much more so than you. Sorry, that's just the truth. So yes, let's bend the rules to have exceptional people here.

DUDE! You forgot The Body, MAN! The Body!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join