It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Civil War in the United States

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: retiredTxn

Every income tax bill I have ever paid, I've paid an extra 10%. If we all did that, there would be no national debt for our children and there would be money for some very cool projects.

That said, beyond the mandated amount it's a choice. I think it's a very bad idea to starve the IRS of resources. They're the agency that gets the revenue for everyone else. If your company were in financial trouble would you attempt to remedy it by cutting the staff of your accounting division and then telling the remainder that they can't communicate with anyone, including each other in order to find a solution? That's precisely what's going on here.

If we eliminate the IRS what do you think is going to happen? In a best case scenario the income tax goes away. The government is still going to spend that money though, so instead of having a tax which is somewhat graduated based on income it will be placed on goods, like VAT taxes which hit those with less money disproportionately hard. That's a great way to stifle the economy.

I would say that taxes are a necessary evil, but they're not even an evil. Taxes are the reason you have electricity, water, roads, schools, and even the computers and networks we're using to have this discussion. They are a very good thing.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
ok i can see maybe another civil war sorta like the previous one on many different end like civil disarmament,racial terms,or religion and something else i left out.so i am the person who is for the government i want to be right the with the police when another large scale riot(s) breakout. i can tell you now something is going to happen. it's kinda like yellowstone you know it will but not when.when it happens i think the (ONE NATION UNDER GOD) wont be anymore martial law will be put in effect and foreign affair will no longer be in effect becuase it will be all in domestic with military sanctioned cities and the U.S being split up possibly into faction kinda like in the movies. i know it sounds silly but i looks sound. just think about heavily like in the divergent series and hunger games series. sorry for the references.

<< 1  2   >>

join