It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Civil War in the United States

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The last several months I have been following topics on this subject. First of all I'm certainly not an expert of any means. But I can read and subscribe to all the rhetoric and crazy out there. From Glen Beck, Savage,and the halls of Congress I have read some very strange and alarming things. I have also read Thousands of comments and debates to these statements. Some excellent and others... well lets just go back to the crazy thingy.

These predictions regarding our Social future in the United States swing from outright revolution and armed action against the government to demands that certain states secede from the union. I made a serious effort to find out exactly what was driving all these people crazy and was stunned to find out that pretty much everyone was upset for many reasons. Taxes, Executive Orders, Media, Human Rights, Hunger, poverty, Law Enforcement, bad leadership, racism, crime, and did I mention Taxes? Well you certainly get the idea that as we are all different, there would be no limits to the complaints we collectively have.

After suffering a Three day period of severe cluster headaches I even added my own... Ignorance

I hid in the shadows as these large groups of people lobbied to have their voices heard. One thing about them was the fact they all seemed to need more money...lol.

I do believe there will be a New Civil War in this Country in the future. I'm not sure if it will be anything like the last one. But it will be ugly. As we have seen from the last 14 months that our inner city residents have just about had enough. All that is needed is a trigger event to spark it. Our government will put these events down with force and containment and use the media to assist efforts to control it. Already seen that happen a few times. I do think they know they are walking a very thin line here with us. It's a rumored fact that if the government keeps that consumer index just above the poverty level the MICE will hang on and keep hoping for a better future. I think we are starting to see the fail in that.

Urban unrest can not be solved with a free cell phone or raising the minimum wage a few bucks over the next five years. I and don't believe handing out entitlements will keep the people happy and compliant either in the long term.

It will start in our largest cities. Media will fuel it on many sides until everyone wants to get involved. People will die. I see a serious mistrust in our leaders at every level of government and time and a trigger will set this off.

Our country is polarized on sooo many levels it's alarming. And it wouldn't surprise me at all after spending weeks talking and reading what people think to predict major violence or major change, perhaps both. Interested on what you folks think of what will happen here..

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
They offshored manufacturing jobs. Those were the first step out of the ghettos. Immigrants like Asians own their own shops in those areas which another set of jobs they can't do. Now the government has to have affirmative action, HUD/Section 8 housing in order to stop the pressure building up. But that creates pressure elsewhere, as home owners are furious that they can't walk safely around downtown in the evening and at night. That's on top of tax freedom day now being around mid-May (a theoretical day when your earned wages for the year cover all the taxes paid).

It's the same in Europe too. You just have to all the news reports about the African crisis to see that something is building up.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Perhaps instead of an Arab Spring we will have an American Spring.

a reply to: scattergun

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
How is 2015 that much different than 2009? It didn't happen then. I've been hearing of social chaos for years, and thought if it were to happen it would have already. I actually think things are getting a tick better than worse.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: bucsarg
Perhaps instead of an Arab Spring we will have an American Spring.

I do think thats on the way, not as violent. This administration seems to be very Reactive, they just can't stand protests in any form and are quick to Dodge the ball. Bad for there image really. And will spin their way out of it anyway they can, (Media). All we get from them is a statement that they're praying for the families of the injured or the dead, also they will be the first to blame local leaders for mishandling a dangerous situation... no leadership.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I don''t see it playing out anything like the last civil war, with two (organized) sides or traditional military structure simply because everything is so divided and with the g0v's level or surveillance and policing anybody trying to organize such a structure would be snuffed out almost immediately.

things are definitely escalating quickly but the momentum and effectiveness of public protests isn't catching on - similarly to how things play out in other countries, peaceful protests often erupt in violence and destruction because of shadow agencies paying/using people who will f* things up for the rest of protesters, resulting in failed protests and the media painting protesters as thugs that need to be dealt with- fire extinguished. Next scandal/protest will bring the same cycle and progress doesn't happen.

Very interesting times to be alive. I just hope the public can find a way to more effectively make a change/have their voices heard - organizing small peaceful protests with ONLY approved individuals representing the bulk of the community- that way the fake violent paid "protesters" cant ruin it all again

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It could start in our prisons. These people have no hope of ever finding a good job and there is less reason for them to conform to our society. The corruption from the prison for profit industry, the focus on punishment versus rehabilitation, the heavy handed tactics used by the police will end up in a uprising. People are losing hope for there future and if they have no hope they will fight to attempt to change the status quo.

link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
How is 2015 that much different than 2009? It didn't happen then. I've been hearing of social chaos for years, and thought if it were to happen it would have already. I actually think things are getting a tick better than worse.

I hope your right! However 09 was a great year for many! It just depends on your location.

link   
LMAO.

So you think a few people with a few guns will take on the U.S. government?

Not gonna happen.

The only way you can fight is through social media and a vote. Physical violence will fail.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

I believe a tick worse than '09. Having said that, perhaps a tick more accepted as the 'new norm' than '09.

The millenials have no experience of times when things were any different. Nothing to measure it against.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Well you can leave me out of it. Nutcase Whackjob A vs. Nutcase Whackjob B, fighting about which new form of tyranny we're to have?

Keep it. Have your little war. While you're all killing each other over which failed ideology is less-bad, I'm just gonna go live in the desert somewhere.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

In the last quarter of 2008 the US stock markets had dropped some 30+ %, we bailed out the big banks with monies never spoke of outside of nations GDP (trillions) and nobody was certain throughout 2009 if we would reach a state of stability before collapse. Not sure how old you were in 2009, but for many adults it was a freaky time to be in the US.

Economic ruin precedes social ruin, and like I said.. we're a step up from then. If we didn't start fracking like there was no tomorrow, it would likely be a worse situation this year than 6 ago.
edit on 15-6-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: highfromphoenix
LMAO.

Not gonna happen.

The only way you can fight is through social media and a vote. Physical violence will fail.

The ability to cause physical violence is MUCH stronger than actually using it.
Keep the ability and the calm.
Use your distaste as fuel for changing hearts and minds.

It's really a game of how many things you can focus on at once from a central authority.. Not enough when you are surrounded by people making their own decisions.

It's a matter of time. hold off the revolution, and we won't even need one. Don't hold off and we become trapped in steeper laws and less ability to move.

useful distractions against efforts to control. Hope others will use this to the best of their abilities. Those others who can name names. You will be freed up to move, as the rest of us stand up and take a few punches.

It's institutions and ingrained emotions, attitudes, knowledge that needs changing, not people.. Go physical you miss the target, as any number of people will fill the void. Hold the threat of physical over them, make them fear you, but leave them there as you change things for them. We don't need more enemies.. I'd even forgive to a certain extent, if they wanted it.. They understand.

If you take violent action you have no out. Meanwhile you are probably fighting other regular people like yourself.. The puppeteer doesn't show a face. And now you are the new puppet.. Hahahahahaha...

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

In the last quarter of 2008 the US stock markets had dropped some 30+ %, we bailed out the big banks with monies never spoke of outside of nations GDP (trillions) and nobody was certain throughout 2009 if we would reach a state of stability before collapse. Not sure how old you were in 2009, but for many adults it was a freaky time to be in the US.

Economic ruin precedes social ruin, and like I said.. we're a step up from then. If we didn't start fracking like there was no tomorrow, it would likely be a worse situation this year than 6 ago.

Where was I?... well I wasn't phased a bit by the stock market failures. I had Money Markets. So I cashed in right up to 2012. Gotta love those big bank buyouts! They needed cash and a lot of us Retired folks lent them the cash to survive it... However fracking is very scary as I have to believe it's destroying the ground beneath us.. Like I pointed out, so many different agendas here.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Well you can leave me out of it. Nutcase Whackjob A vs. Nutcase Whackjob B, fighting about which new form of tyranny we're to have?

Keep it. Have your little war. While you're all killing each other over which failed ideology is less-bad, I'm just gonna go live in the desert somewhere.

Not sure what desert you plan on moving to because I live in AZ and it's full of nuts!

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

LMAO.

Not gonna happen.

Got Three words for that..Cliven Bundy Ranch... Armed citizens vs BLM. Please don't troll words into another's statements. I did not speak of anyone taking on the government with weapons. Thats not how it will go down at all in the end.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

I'd say that was a good plan.. But leave the computer at your Mom's house so they can't find you..

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Not sure what desert you plan on moving to because I live in AZ and it's full of nuts!

Nuts that wouldn't last a day without air conditioning and indoor plumbing (including the so-called "prepared ones").

I'm not worried about being crowded.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: highfromphoenix

The only way you can fight is through social media and a vote.

The Citizens United decision proves that to be incorrect.
SCOTUS does what it wants. No one votes for them. They could care less about social media.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

WEll the second is not about home protection. Those willing and ready do not see it that way. This is why The UN seeks to disarm the Peoples of their territories, easier to control and defeat.

What you ask is already happening.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join