It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RAW VIDEO: Cop Tases 12-Yr-Old Child While Choking Him!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: snowen20

Haven't looked today, been busy at the shop. But as of 1800 yesterday when I left, I could find nothing whatsoever. Neither could any of my colleagues, and we were searching for it. Only things we found were the source page and about ten other ones just like it. CNN didn't have it, none of the major networks had it, and there was nothing in the news for that area that had it. Trust me, we searched for a long while before I posted that. Felt like a huge waste of time, too.

If it's legit then sweet...I'm glad to hear it's being handled. The video still looks staged to me, and the age discrepancies combined with a questionable source made it even more suspicious, and that has not changed either. Guess I'll just wait and see if anything comes out of it...wouldn't be the first time something has been done deliberately to get the public riled up and I'm quite sure it won't be the last.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

a reply to: tigertatzen

You really want to call it fake??

Not all the kids may have known him, so they might not have known his age.

And to say tazers have no affect on the body is just outright untrue.

Have you ever touched one of those fences?
Tell me it is just a pain after you do.

You really want to call it fake??

No, I really don't want to call it fake. But that's what it looks like to me, so until there is some kind of proof that it is in fact not a staged video, I will take it with a sizable grain of salt and not allow my emotions to override my instincts and better judgement.

Not all the kids may have known him, so they might not have known his age.

Roger...however the "news" people reporting it should have known it.

And to say tazers have no affect on the body is just outright untrue.

I did not say tasers "have no effect on the body". I said that employing a taser's drive-stun use does not have the neuromuscular side-effects that it has while using the probes. It is pain compliance, not meant to incapacitate.

And, since you seem to have jumped on your soapbox without checking first, I said that in direct response to someone who was over-dramatizing the situation by saying the kid was having "convulsions", so calm yourself. It's always helpful if you actually read more than just a couple of sentences of a post instead of just cherry-picking the ones that fit the picture you're trying to paint.

Have you ever touched one of those fences?

Yes, I have. I broke the electrical field on one with my left leg and hand to rescue a starving, emaciated dog from an abusive owner, and would do it again in a flat second if I had to. It hurt, but better me than the dog. And once, years ago, my brother thought it'd be smart to urinate on an electrical fence and I had to grab him when he got zapped and couldn't move. That wasn't too pleasant either. Now, those types of fences correspond to collars that the animal wears, so they are the only ones who get shocked. I'm sure my brother would be happy to know that.

Tell me it is just a pain after you do.

It was just pain, a rather loud zapping sound, and the faint smell of ozone; like after a lightning strike.

I have also been tased, twice, without the probes. If you had actually bothered to read my post, you would have seen that I stated very clearly that it feels like a hornet sting. But it doesn't do anything to a person except hurt like crazy. I couldn't volunteer to be tased with the probes because I have severe SLE with central nervous system involvement and really didn't feel like dying that day, but the people who did volunteer were taken down to the ground by the stun and had some muscle twitching, although markedly less muscle pain, and were down for 5-10 seconds before they were able to move. These were weapons designed for law enforcement too, not civilian use, so they deliver a more powerful shock, but they do not cause "convulsions" in anyone...involuntary muscle contractions are not the same thing.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Without context this certainly seems like excessive force. And even
if there were video of what happened prior to this video that proved
the kid was vehemently resisting it still seems excessive.

It looks like and sounds like the kid is being ordered (under arrest)
to put his hands behind his back. Cosidering the choke hold and the
position of the kid's body that may have been a difficult or impossible
order to follow--we don't really know because of the shaky camera.

It's too tough to call.

The bias of the video for the kid is extreme--makes it seem like a big
bad cop tazering a child...meh...I dunno...cop's not that big and an
unruly young teen or adolescent can be formidable...I know...I was one
once. That cop would have had his hands full. That is to say, in the
unlikely event that he was able to get his hands anywhere near me
in the first place.

The rest of the info provided is dubious as well, the deleting of the all
the other videos?? I dunno, maybe, it certainly could happen, but once
again, if it were me, I would have been gone with my phone before
that could have happened...maybe I'm weird

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Junior there is a whole head shorter than MachoCop...yeah a real threat!

PROTECT & SERVE!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: snowen20

Haven't looked today, been busy at the shop. But as of 1800 yesterday when I left, I could find nothing whatsoever. Neither could any of my colleagues, and we were searching for it. Only things we found were the source page and about ten other ones just like it. CNN didn't have it, none of the major networks had it, and there was nothing in the news for that area that had it. Trust me, we searched for a long while before I posted that. Felt like a huge waste of time, too.

If it's legit then sweet...I'm glad to hear it's being handled. The video still looks staged to me, and the age discrepancies combined with a questionable source made it even more suspicious, and that has not changed either. Guess I'll just wait and see if anything comes out of it...wouldn't be the first time something has been done deliberately to get the public riled up and I'm quite sure it won't be the last.

Not a fake Tiger...

NBC reporting
www.nbcsandiego.com...
edit on pmbAmerica/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoTue, 16 Jun 2015 17:28:02 -0500pm5America/Chicago by abeverage because: cause stuff with cops...

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Funny some of the apologists here. "We don't know what happened prior to the video," and "knowing how kids are these days."

True. BUT

Where are these people when a parent is charged with cruelty for severely disciplining their kid? Where is the, "Well, we don't know what the kid was doing/hoe bad the kid was."

Why can't these cops be charge with ABUSE or ENDANGERMENT like parents?

The double standard is sickening.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
Wow...total police brutality...how shameful

I could see a wooden spoon being used on the kid....but a taser???? C'mon...a little too extreme there.

A wooden spoon is still abuse. I have two teenage daughters and I never had to use more than my hand, when they were younger. They behave as well as any adjusted teen now.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Ah wrong thread, my bad
edit on 16-6-2015 by MagnaCarta2015 because: Posted in the wrong place

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I never have seen this kind of violence where I come from . It always amazes me when I see these kind of videos of why American citizens are not starting some kind of police brutality protest Marches to stop these kinds of midevil methods to put fear into people.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Indeed.

I worked in a CPS home and listened to stories, held crying kids.
Doesn't matter what they said--could have been handled gently.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
You know I have a 12 year old son and since I only out weight him by 200 pounds and I'm 5x as strong as him I find choking and tasing very effective....geez.. Well at least he didn't shoot him...

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: chucknasty

If those are your only thoughts I can see why the world is in the mess it is.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

I hope the boy's mother also beat his tail after he got home. Ignorant 12 year old needs some disciplining.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Wow....just wow...

Hope the kids ok,is there any follow up information on this video?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Well, I just thought I would pop in here after reading the comments and add my little grain of rice.

I am a father and have, from time to time, given my son a light scut off the back of the head when diplomacy and any other attempt at reasoning failed... he is 16 and probably had in total 3 scuts off the back of the head...

I have also had to deal with extremely violent and unruly kids throughout my life WITHOUT using violence such as shown by this LEO.

The method I used?... COMMON SENSE!

However, i would like to remind a few people about this :

Did you all know that out of the 190 member countries of United Nations who passed the Convention on the Rights of the Child only 3 countries did NOT ratify it... Somalia, South Sudan, and…the United States.

I invite you all to read this : www.washingtonpost.com...

Some key articles from the Convention on the Rights of the Child :

Adopted and opened for signature, ratification and accession by General Assembly resolution 44/25 of 20 November 1989 entry into force 2 September 1990, in accordance with article 49 :

Article 3

1. In all actions concerning children, whether undertaken by public or private social welfare institutions, courts of law, administrative authorities or legislative bodies, the best interests of the child shall be a primary consideration.

Article 37

States Parties shall ensure that:

(a) No child shall be subjected to torture or other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment. Neither capital punishment nor life imprisonment without possibility of release shall be imposed for offences committed by persons below eighteen years of age;

(b) No child shall be deprived of his or her liberty unlawfully or arbitrarily. The arrest, detention or imprisonment of a child shall be in conformity with the law and shall be used only as a measure of last resort and for the shortest appropriate period of time;

(c) Every child deprived of liberty shall be treated with humanity and respect for the inherent dignity of the human person, and in a manner which takes into account the needs of persons of his or her age. In particular, every child deprived of liberty shall be separated from adults unless it is considered in the child's best interest not to do so and shall have the right to maintain contact with his or her family through correspondence and visits, save in exceptional circumstances;

(d) Every child deprived of his or her liberty shall have the right to prompt access to legal and other appropriate assistance, as well as the right to challenge the legality of the deprivation of his or her liberty before a court or other competent, independent and impartial authority, and to a prompt decision on any such action.

The full Convention on the rights of children from the United Nations human rights office can be found here :

www.ohchr.org...

So... all those folks praising this LEO for his actions on a 12 year old... Proud of yourselves?

Kindest respects

Nibs

a reply to: alienjuggalo

edit on 17-6-2015 by Nibbles because: Text highlighted

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

Matt Sera was a head shorter than GSP....your point?

Or are you suggesting if a kid is shorter than a cop he is allowed to attack the officer without the result being forced compliance?
edit on 17-6-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Not a fake Tiger...

Muchas gracias for the link! People can get mad at me if they want but if something strikes me as not being what it seems, it has always been in my best interest to listen to my gut. I'll read up on it in a bit...they're very interested next door at the coffee house too and it's about afternoon java time anyway.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Not fake, but heavily edited.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Illuminatitechnician

A wooden spoon is still abuse. I have two teenage daughters and I never had to use more than my hand, when they were younger. They behave as well as any adjusted teen now.

I think hitting your children period is abusive. It teaches them nothing but to fear the parent, and that is counter-intuitive to building a relationship of mutual trust and respect. A calm voice and firm words should be enough; no physical punishment should ever be necessary.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

cool. we know where you stand.

Who is "we" exactly? And no, I am quite sure you do not in fact know where I stand. It seems that many of you confuse the ability to step back and look at something from a more clinical and unemotional standpoint with having some kind of agenda or personal stance on the subject. That is a blind (and unfair) assumption, and it is happening more and more frequently on these threads.

If we allow our emotions to override our common sense, that is when grave errors in judgement are made. Don't confuse me voicing my opinion and doubts on one aspect of a scenario with my stance on the overall subject. You don't know me at all, and making ridiculous blanket statements like that just makes you appear narrow-minded and judgmental.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join