It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RAW VIDEO: Cop Tases 12-Yr-Old Child While Choking Him!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

It did not look like a respiratory chokehold (where you put pressure on the windpipe) to me. These are generally not allowed to be used in law enforcement unless deadly force is justifiable in the situation. Obviously, deadly force wasn't justifiable in this situation.

To me, it appears that he used a vascular neck restraint. This is generally allowed to be used in law enforcement on suspects that are resisting arrest. It is medically proven to be safer than a respiratory chokehold.

www.policemag.com...

****Disclaimer**** I am not taking sides in this incident. I don't know the whole story, and the video is too short to allow me to make a decision.
edit on 15-6-2015 by torqueythepig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Im becoming too snide and I have no reason to be..

edit on 15-6-2015 by snowen20 because: Aliens

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: torqueythepig

Thanks for the article, it was quite eye opening. I think it raised more questions than answers for me.

Those types of blood chokes like the rear naked choke are every bit as dangerous as restricting airways especially in a law enforcement context. The reason being; it's typical for an officer to have colleagues restraining legs and arms while a third employs the choke. This eliminates the ability of the officer putting the choke on to feel the guy going limp and he has to rely on his colleagues to relay that information to him. A big guy with it locked on tight can cause unconsciousness in 4 seconds with brain cells rapidly begining to die at around 10-15 seconds and brain death at 20-25 seconds. That time passes incredibly fast in a high adrenalin situation and the spasming when the guy is dying can be misconstrued for continuing to struggle and likely won't be felt at all by the officer putting on the choke.

I think it's seriously worrying that they'll cite the popularity of mma as justification for using the choke in public. It's lethal and due to the way police are trained to assist their colleagues it's inevitable people are going to die from it.

If you're doing it in a class where a responsible instructor can step in and pull you apart, the guy can tap out or a ref can break it up it's relatively safe. When you remove them from the equation it's going to end horribly.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
While that does look pretty bad, I hate how these videos almost never show the initial confrontation to know what actually went down. It could be exactly how the kids say it happened, bu I also know that kids can be aggressive and abrasive towards authority. Either way, the cop definitely did not need to do all of that. It seemed he had the kid under control with the initial choke.

Oh...meant to add, was this an actual LEO, or just a security guard for the area?

The child (CHILD mind you) was being "restrained" with a chokehold and then he tazed him. The child (still gets me) was incapacitated by the 1st tazing, barely able to move, was attempting to comply, the cop had him locked down with his hands behind his back and he TAZED HIM AGAIN! There is no excuse. None.

Period. Done.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
You're operating under the assumption that LEO's are trained to care about anyone's safety but their own, and their colleagues in blue. Potential or imagined risk to an officer overrides any responsibility to prevent harm to citizens. That's the way she goes, boys.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
It's only a matter of time before an anti-police group makes a fake police brutality video and posts it to cyberspace. Maybe that's what this one is? Hard to believe something this heinous could be real...

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

America is Fast Becoming a Police State....
Almost every time I come here there is another shocking story of police brutality.
Personally I don't think this is just a case of a few rotten cops anymore(I used to),I think they have been told to go way over the score now to try and make people more frightened of the law.
This is going to keep getting worse imo and we'll see more and more shocking incidents like this in the future unless people stand against this.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I study BJJ myself.

Not all officers do though, so you do have a great point.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

(Sorry Torquay, I don't mean to reply to you I just clicked reply to you randomly because my main reply to thread button at the top is gone. There is only an exclamation mark where it used to be. Wtf?)

I too am truly skeptical since small things suggest this could be a big brother who works as a security guard at a storage facility making a fake video with a security car turned so sirens are visible and not identifying info. That is just as possible as a hundred other scenarios we may think up. He'll could be jade helm stagers too. The convincing details I'd say are
1. Uniform looks real and more law enforcement than uniforms that you see worn by bacon-bits.
2. The way he speaks into his radio. Security guys would generally talk into the radio like a normal citizen does, like I guarantee most of us would. Unfastening it and bringing it to the mouth like a trucker. I don't think I've seen guards with a shoulder radio git up they hang from the waist but I could be stereotyping my own imagined characters
3. The fact nobody approaches the situation to a close proximity at all which is a likely reaction if u wanna complain or watch but not get yourself in trouble.

But there are many details that aren't convincing
1. Aren't gov license plates short with special prefix code and number? I can imagine many states but all in my head only civillians have 8 and 9 digit plates. Canada maybe?
2. He would be commanding kid to stop resisting arrest wouldn't he? Silent wrestle?
3. Fact there's one officer. Not a certain thing but many many more places than not require two officers patrolling and is what we always see both for checks n balances, police protection, liability, etc. Could be a city lacking human resources tho so doing single officer patrol.
4. They keep shouting an age but any dummy knows that won't mean anything to a cop at all. Screaming he wasn't doing anything, let him go, crying, threatening exposure, reminding cop of recent death pattern ok. But he's 15 he's 15...discrepancies in age...seem a more like propaganda.

I dunno, as a final thought reconnecting feet to ground the most likely explanation is its simply what it is. A video of an arrest, millions of which a year turn into scuffles REGARDLESS of age and it just had the right cosmic juju that attaching an age to it and a silly story that turned a dime a dozen arrest videos into a shampoo commercial/Wayne's World thing where guy posts, and they post two posts, and they post two posts to the point it becomes entertaining and compelling to watch and analyze for oi polloi, cops, and conspiracy theorists alike.

I like to think the university professor who was trying to create a viral phenomenon was right. In any case like this or any one any of us may find ourselves in, u should always just...
A: Confirm you're being arrested
B: inform officers you choose from the very beginning, "ok, just so you know I am invoking my constitutional right to silence and a lawyer.
C: from that statement on, cooperate physically but don't say a single word to a single question, even "are you alright?" Or "could you tell me how much you weigh?" Don't open mouth for any reason til lawyer is with you.

I wouldn't try this with men in black or anything but I guess this yields best results. Not endangering yourself with trigger happy cops, invoking silence and proving you mean SILENCE from advent they're more likely to release not wanting to go thru all the steps that follow a civil requesting a proxy act in interest and not fall into the usual arrest, questioning, booking, n locking up. His philosophy is on YouTube and it's interesting way to spend three min and protect yourself

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Either way, the cop definitely did not need to do all of that. It seemed he had the kid under control with the initial choke.

Ah this age old argument again?

The chokehold used on Eric Garner was not illegal, it was against department policy. Just like going into a club without the proper attire is not against the law, it is just prohibited by club policy.

Isnt the choke hold illegal itself?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Listen to commands and you'll be just fine. All these videos have the same thing in common, punks and thugs not doing what they are told, and disrespecting authority.

I have zero pity for fools.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
America is an out of control dog that needs putting down.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld
America is an out of control dog that needs putting down.

you may just be right

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: knows_but_doesnt
Listen to commands and you'll be just fine. All these videos have the same thing in common, punks and thugs not doing what they are told, and disrespecting authority.

I have zero pity for fools.

Your response to a child getting tased is "That'll learn him", you make my skin crawl. Please seek help from your local mental health care professional. I sincerely hope you have no dependants.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

If you look at the difference between how American police and British police deal with these situations, that might help shed a little light on why a lot of cases in America turn out volatile.

American police demand unreasonable requests, "Get down!", or "Put your hands where I can see them!", like they're in some sort of action movie.

British police begin by stating that suspect is now under arrest, followed by exactly why they are being arrested and then reading them their rights.

The US approach is a lot more authoritarian, demanding and brash. I know you guys have citizens with firearms in your country, but that just means the po po gets their pew pew out more.. unnecessarily.

And It's all aiding to build this image of your police force of brutality, where no logical reasoning seems to exist in the the minds of these zealous servants on a power trip.

I'm not saying all US police are like this, but if I was a visiting foreigner and got pulled over for a 'checkpoint stop' on a highway, knowing the stories and tales I've heard about your police force I would s### a brick.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: real_one
a reply to: PageLC14

Unfortunately we don't know exactly how this started.

I was waiting for that (the above quote).

What in your right mind could justify choking and tasing a 12 year old kid prior to what we have been shown? Maybe the kid lipped off a little and hurt the big bad officer's feelings?

Embrace your enslavement and cheer on your heroes.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Not sure if anyone posted this yet, but here's the officer's point of view:

San Diego Sheriff says "Out of Control" teen could have prevented being tased

"We notified the mother that her son had been arrested," Gore said. "She was greatly relieved that he had been found and apologized for his behavior."

Apparently they are saying the mom is who called, trying to get the "out of control" kid back home...
edit on 6/16/2015 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Would be great if they all did there would be much fewer bad cops in the world. I never encountered a bully in a bjj class.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Whatever the reasons: out of control kid etc...

If you can't deal with that situation without resorting to a taser you don't deserve a police badge.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Whatever the reasons: out of control kid etc...

If you can't deal with that situation without resorting to a taser you don't deserve a police badge.

He tazed him after the kid was biting his arm.

Glad he used a taser - it seemed to have worked and got the kid under compliance.

A cop has a few things he can do in this situation. Here are some.
He could've:
(A) Use verbal commands
(B) Call a K9 unit
(C) Fisticuffs
(D) Billyclub
(E) Mace/Pepper spray
(F) Shoot him
(G) Taser
(F) Call for back up..so his backup can pick from the above
(G) Ignore the unruly child

In some states, being an unruly child is against the law. Kids go to jail for that.

As for anyone calling that a choke hold...are probably the type of person who likes to over-sensationalize any situation.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join