It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RAW VIDEO: Cop Tases 12-Yr-Old Child While Choking Him!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ddrneville

At some point an officer inside of the patrol car told the 12-yr-old child to “get in the car.”

The child replied, “Why?”

How did the kid know he would be safe or not molested? When i was 13 a cop in our town picked all the 11 and 12 year old girls up "to give them a ride" we all knew what that meant and stayed clear.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
What if parents used these tactics to control their own children? We would be in prison. This is just not right. I know how annoying and aggravating kids are, and I confess to wanting to choke my own kids, more than a few times. This person needs to be punished for "dealing" with this kid like that.

Well said, shame I can't give you a Flag!!!

Shocked at some of the responses

edit on 15.6.2015 by Flammadraco because: Replaced star!

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a swift and hard boot to a certain head would have been oh so much more effective than bleating 'dude, wtf?'

it will happen.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Sremmos80

I noticed they had slowed the clip down but wasn't sure if they had slowed the audio to match. If not, that isn't helping put things together.

And no, I wouldn't think so. We have entire shopping centers here that are no skate zones and usually just tell them to get off and walk. If they're defacing/destroying property or endangering people, that's different.

Why would an officer delete video from personal phones that recorded his actions?

Who says he did? The guy who's video miraculously stops "right before" the cop started doing it?

Not saying it didn't happen, but there's literally nothing to support it right now either.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I live in SD county and it was on the local news last night, first time in a while I heard it on the news before ats.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I live in SD county and it was on the local news last night, first time in a while I heard it on the news before ats.

Did they give any more to the story than what we have here?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

TBH I just caught the tail end of the segment, just had the TV on as background noise as I was doing some stuff around the house and came into the room as they were finishing off on the story.

Just caught that he was tased and allegedly the cop deleted stuff from the phones.

They did say the department is looking into the claims but that is just kinda lip service IMO.
At least in the beginning stages, not saying they are not going to do it, just that it is a standard response.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Umm. If the cop is confiscating phones i think it makes perfect sense for the recording to stop there. Somebody wanted to keep their phone and video so they hid it quick. Duh.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Uhh. What better to do than turn off your recording and say whatever you want?

And the video says that the phone turned off in the middle of the recording. I would think if your suggestion was what happened, they probably would've mentioned it as being the reason.
edit on 15-6-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Edited for clarity

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I agree the way that video ended doesn't help the claim that other videos were deleted.
It doesn't disprove it though and I know you are not saying it does.
Think there is more to that video for sure.

link   

To be fair to the kids recording all of this. Its well known that cops often do get away with illegally confiscating peoples phones and cameras. Ive personally seen them cross a 6 lane major thoroughfare and take peoples cameras and phones away who were standing literally 150 feet away. How exactly were these innocent victims of theft obstructing justice?

To the average person on the street, the kids story makes a lot more sense, is much more believable than someone claiming the kids purposely set that cop up to look bad.

Also, God awful choke hold he performed there. Who's trained him to do it like that? It's inexcusable to attempt one when you have no idea what your doing and you're the aggressor. I say if you have no idea how to apply a blood choke then don't.
edit on 15-6-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: lightedhype

Uhh. What better to do than turn off your recording and say whatever you want?

And the video says that the phone turned off in the middle of the recording. I would think if your suggestion was what happened, they probably would've mentioned it as being the reason.

It looks like private video is the only defense against "he said, she said" When private video is no longer allowed; then the citizens of this country are SOL. It's just a matter of time.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
It appears the boy was a runaway.

Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Jan Caldwell said the incident began when a woman reported that her son had been missing about a day and a half. A deputy went to her home and found out from the woman where her son liked to hang out. The deputy found the boy behind the store with a group of youths riding skateboards.

As far as the before from the officer's side...

"He approached him, identified him, verified who he was and said he had to come with him," Caldwell said. "The juvenile refused. As the situation unfolded, he became not only verbally assaultive but physically combative."

When the deputy went to guide the boy into his patrol car, Caldwell said, he resisted and at some point bit the deputy in the hand. The deputy pulled out his Taser "to try to calm the situation," she said.

Source

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

No not at all. Doesn't prove or disprove anything whatsoever.

But I think trying to play it as the recording stopped because the cop was confiscating phones and not saying THAT is the reason the recording stopped is pretty disingenuous when a) the cop wasn't confiscating phones when the video cut off and b) an entirely different reason was given.

The video itself provides a reason for why the recording stopped, but we're going to make up an entirely different one and say that's the reason?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock
It appears the boy was a runaway.

Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Jan Caldwell said the incident began when a woman reported that her son had been missing about a day and a half. A deputy went to her home and found out from the woman where her son liked to hang out. The deputy found the boy behind the store with a group of youths riding skateboards.

As far as the before from the officer's side...

"He approached him, identified him, verified who he was and said he had to come with him," Caldwell said. "The juvenile refused. As the situation unfolded, he became not only verbally assaultive but physically combative."

When the deputy went to guide the boy into his patrol car, Caldwell said, he resisted and at some point bit the deputy in the hand. The deputy pulled out his Taser "to try to calm the situation," she said.

Source

I think if he said, your Mother is worried about you and I am taking you home, at least it would have been more clear,his objective. Wonder how Mom will feel about the taseing and choking.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Indeed. Though I'd say that with just about every case of suspected police misconduct that gets discussed here on ATS it's made abundantly clear that communication is sort of a weak spot in the law enforcement arsenal.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Let's see assault, unlawful imprisonment of a minor, child abuse.
Sadistic mayhem all for starters. But the kid was obviously on
PCP laced steriods and bath salts.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

That's the problem with today. Kids are allowed to go crazy, to disrespect the police BECAUSE parents dont punish their kids. They let kids do what they like in the street and or at schools and when the kids are arrested the parents scream blue murder. As someone who works in a secondary school I've seen kids shout and act like they're parents are worthless, one boy was kicking off during a parents evening, the teacher said he needed to calm down because his Mum was there and he said 'I dont have to worry about her, she's scared of me' and the teacher didn't know what to do but sit there and saying nothing, it took the headteacher to pull the kid out of the appointment and he got punished. THE PARENT IS AT FAULT FOR THE UPBRINGING. A slap wouldn't hurt. I was hit as a kid and I'm better for it.

Can you imagine someone putting a fourteen year old kid on the naughty step when the kid is taller than they are?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

I was hit as a kid and I'm better for it.

Except studies have shown more often then not, it doesn't work out that way.
www.psychologytoday.com...
Glad it worked out for you, lots of with mental issues were not so lucky.

More on topic
Respect is not submitting, we don't know what lead to this.

Mouthing off to a cop does not warrant this type of response, I don't care if you feel disrespected.
Just as we don't have the right to not be offended, we don't have the right to not be disrespected.

That standard is even higher when it comes to police, they must be held to a higher standard and should want to be.

Just because you work with kids that go crazy and disrespect their parents doesn't mean that is the norm.
In reality it is a small minority, you just see it more.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

well if the cop still has the bite marks that may earn him the only points hes likely to get out of this ,either way seemed a tad bit extreme for the level of force used ,betting the cop just lost it when he got bit and it escalated from there . he will at least get a suspension and mostlikely a few extra training classes ,if he wasent bit and made it up hes done

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join