It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi air chief killed in Yemeni rebel Scud attack on Khamis Mushayt air base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

www.debka.com...

The Saudi Air Force Commander Lt. Gen. Muhammad bin Ahmed Al-Shaalan was killed in a Scud missile cross-border attack by Yemeni Houthi rebels on the big King Khalid Air Base at Khamis Mushayt in the southwestern Asir region of Saudi Arabia, DEBKAfile reports. The attack took place on June 6, but his death was concealed under a blanket of secrecy until Wednesday, June 10.

Some Israeli sources say he was killed by Iranian intelligence, other sources say that the base was attacked by 10-15 scud Missiles(looks at Iran) , where only 2-3 where shot down. I would not want to be at that base. Saudi's claim he died of a heart attack, but i don't believe that.
edit on 15-6-2015 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

Cant say the world is worse off without another high ranking saudi

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
If you trace this back to the original story the Yemenis claimed to have fired 3 SCUDS at the air base and near by town. They did not claim to hit anything. Saudi Arabia was aware of only one SCUD that was shot down. A week later the Air Force General dies of a heart attack. So somebody decides lets juice this up a bit and stories come out from Iran and Syria that Yemen fired a dozen SCUDS and hit KKAB (although nobody seemed to have noticed including the US contractors and military there). And in that massive attack the General was killed.

SCUDS are very inaccurate, add that to the fact that the Yemenis only claimed to have fired 3, that they never claimed to have hit anything and that nobody on one the busiest air force bases on earth noticed anything usual, we can safely call this one not true.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Dies of heart attack ? oh cmon, we all know that is for public consumption. an air force chief dies days after an airbase is attacked by scuds ? Even if he wasn;t killed by scuds rest assured he was assassinated. Its waaay to much of a coincidence for a Saudi air force chief to die at this time...

Besides Debka is reliable as per my personal opinion and if the details in the the above article are true then it is entirly possible that many of the scuds were not intercepted.

Our military sources report that the Houthis’ Scud attack caught the Saudis unawares. The only reaction from the air base came from the American teams operating Patriot counter-missile batteries. They tried to shoot down the incoming missiles and managed to intercept only two or three out of a barrage of 15.

Though god would have to really hate this Saudi chief if a scud had to fall on top of him...

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Who can bitch on either side if they get shot by the guy they were shooting at?
All is fair in war.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Sorry Maddi but if 'Israel' says it it will be purely propaganda for israel and most likely lies. News coming from there is military controlled intelligence and propaganda which is a shame and they have cried wolf too many times against countries like Iran, that the opposite effect happens now, to the one they hoped for.

The Yeminis have claimed this and Saudi, for obviously its own purposes dealing with its citizens and allies, prefer to give their own version about the man's death - which is probably vaguely correct as somewhere, via satellite, someone would have noticed a direct missile hit on such a huge air-base.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

You hit it on the head exactly right.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Cant say the world is worse off without another high ranking saudi

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Isnt debka along the same lines as Sorcia Faal?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
If you trace this back to the original story the Yemenis claimed to have fired 3 SCUDS at the air base and near by town. They did not claim to hit anything. Saudi Arabia was aware of only one SCUD that was shot down. A week later the Air Force General dies of a heart attack. So somebody decides lets juice this up a bit and stories come out from Iran and Syria that Yemen fired a dozen SCUDS and hit KKAB (although nobody seemed to have noticed including the US contractors and military there). And in that massive attack the General was killed.

SCUDS are very inaccurate, add that to the fact that the Yemenis only claimed to have fired 3, that they never claimed to have hit anything and that nobody on one the busiest air force bases on earth noticed anything usual, we can safely call this one not true.

Ive read quite a few of your posts and like them, you always sound very knowledgeable and well versed in your field, especially military of the world current events and history. I read them and think, yes, that makes sense or ties up with my limited understanding and I take your post seriously.

Is this your specialty in life can I ask or just very well read and current in very current affairs?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Yes. There have been a couple hoax threads that traced back to DEBKA this past month alone.

I will look for them in a little bit.

DEBKA=BS

ETA: Here is one recent thread that was a hoax from DEBKA. It is from 5/20/15

Iranian embassy blown up in Damascus: Nusra Front suspected
edit on 6 15 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Scuds with 10- 12 numbers falling at distance of 500- 1000 mts will annihilate the area. Impact area will be very large , Struck in building can destroyed entire building. So its no surprise that it is a possibility. My simple point is a Saudi air chief dying due to a Heart attack while there was a bombing campaign on Yemen going on is highly suspicious and i am surprised those in ATS are just blindly going on with the official , that too Saudi version of the event.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

Yes. There have been a couple hoax threads that traced back to DEBKA this past month alone.

DEBKA=BS

Why isn't that thread in the hoax bin then ?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

Sorry Maddi but if 'Israel' says it it will be purely propaganda for israel and most likely lies. News coming from there is military controlled intelligence and propaganda which is a shame and they have cried wolf too many times against countries like Iran, that the opposite effect happens now, to the one they hoped for.

The Yeminis have claimed this and Saudi, for obviously its own purposes dealing with its citizens and allies, prefer to give their own version about the man's death - which is probably vaguely correct as somewhere, via satellite, someone would have noticed a direct missile hit on such a huge air-base.

Best to look at these things from both sides, Iranian intelligence isn't sitting around twiddling its thumbs you know. They will be involved all over the Middle east as is expected of them. The whole heart attack charade seems to be public consumption. Obviously something is wrong here.. Besides is there any source which can be considered as credible ? Those who support Russia/Iran wont like source from western news papers and NATO cheerleaders won't accept RT and press TV. Maybe ATS should simply stop with the concept of posting sources...

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

You have to almost try to die to Scud missle. They are dangerous for sure but like lobbing explosive rocks at your enemy. The chance one hit and killed a leader would be pretty low odds.

I bet he did die of heart attack. I nearly had one when our bases were being hit with them in Gulf War one.

They are scary but not accurate.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The fact that "rebels" are in possession of scuds is disturbing enough. These aren't your typical Gaza Rockets, these are actual missiles. They are NOT just a throw it out there and hope for the best missile either, they are fairly accurate when aimed right and no defense against them.

I'd really say the rebel's having scuds is a bigger deal than the Saudi guy that died, just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21

originally posted by: stosh64

DEBKA=BS

Why isn't that thread in the hoax bin then ?

Good question.

Perhaps one of the MODS could tell us.

This thread Hit the LOL bin. From 5/24/15
Unconfirmed Report Of Explosions In Iran, Hundreds Reported Dead

edit on 6 15 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

I agree that this isn't true, but no offence your reasoning is lacking on this one.
If they did attack the base directly, with Americans on the base, you be sure Washington would seize the opportunity to get directly involved and take out the Houthis and weaken another Iranian backed group.

It not being true has nothing to do with US contractors not saying anything. Why would they say anything, out of all people?

top topics

join