It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe ATS should spotlight older OP's sometimes?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I think the members have created some amazing OP's over the years. I know there is a search option to look for information about subjects and that is awesome in itself, but I would like to revisit past OP's or be turned on to OP's I might not have seen.

Don't you think it would be great to have a place on the ATS spotlight page that takes past OP's and gives them new attention?

Last night before I went to sleep I was thinking about a specific OP I did 2 years ago and I will be danged if I did not wake up today and find some new activity on it.

This got me thinking about how neat it would be if other OP's were given attention without the need to be searched for.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Thank you, but what do you think about the possibility of actually reposting some OP's in the front page?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Yeah, I love that idea. Maybe have a weekly election. Say on Monday, have a thread with nominations that can run for a day or so and when all the replies are in, pick the one most suggested or voted for and then run it as a front page piece for the weekend. Yea, soul, I like that idea.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I just think many members miss out and there are some great OP's out there that get overlooked. I think this has to be done by the moderator consensus, maybe they can provide each other with suggestions and they can vote on which threads should be reposted.

I don't want it to be a popularity contest, just a way to highlight older OP's.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

This has already been posted.

Just kidding

Neat Idea. I once suggested an annual ATS awards however that doesn't cover older posts and perhaps the mods could create a new forum- "Above The Sentiments" where every week they look through the archives and find an awesome post from years gone by and make it relevant again.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
All it takes for an old thread to be back up on the Recent Posts page is for someone to make a post to the topic.

Easy Peasy

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
All it takes for an old thread to be back up on the Recent Posts page is for someone to make a post to the topic.

Easy Peasy

But it doesn't make the ATS headlines-it's just a link.

The site leads with NLBS; why can't we have a retrospective of classic ATS threads as well? Many members were here long before NLBS was, maybe their stories, research or observations are a part of history-ATS history.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I see what you're saying now.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

The only problem is sifting through the archives.

I would love to see something like an ATS version of 'on this day' and it would be interesting to see how much it has changed. I was lurking a decade ago and members were talking about EMP weapons like they were some kind of advanced weaponry, now it's common knowledge.

ATS has a history and it should be embraced.

edit on 14-6-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Go to the top of the page, click on Archive, and put in a date.

Damn my inability to read a full post at times.
edit on 14/6/15 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

It was just a suggestion; disregard my input.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua

Go to the top of the page, click on Archive, and put in a date.

Damn my inability to read a full post at times.

I was lurking when you were first posting-there are few people that can claim to be a member for more than a decade-wouldn't it be nice for the originals such as yourself to be recognized for what they did instead of having to dig through the archives?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

It is not about recent posts, that still requires a specific thread to be found and replied to. I am talking about maybe having current members that wrote old pieces being able to reconnect with those OP's , there are many new members that have missed those great OP's. Is it really that horrible of an idea?

No. We just have to search through 100,000 OP's to find the ones we like and want to respond to. Are you serious? They should get attention more often if they are worthy.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

You see you get it. Maybe a member hall of fame? They could even have the member hall of shame, for those ridiculous OP's, heck maybe they can induct me with this thread!

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I will not disregard your valuable input!

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Masqua, why is this so difficult for you to get on board with? Do you not see where it would be beneficial? ATS has a categories and special agendas for everything except drawing attention to what could be considered awesome OP's.

What I do not like is when a thread gets overlooked because of the timing of the post. Maybe the thread is awesome and doesn't get the attention it deserves? There would be more quality threads written if members felt like it wasn't going to be a complete waste of time

I think this has a great deal of merit and should not be summarily dismissed simply because there is a search option or recent post.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Sure works for the Rock and Roll hall of fame. Most kids today wouldn't have a clue about older bands and music if there was not attention given to them. We are a society that is supposed to revere it's older members and that does extend to ATS, too.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Who says I'm not on board? The very person on ATS that can actually do that for you has already posted in the thread.

I'm just a volunteer moderator and certainly not in any position to change any part of ATS. I do not have the keys to this kingdom.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
"Volunteer". Right.
Don't worry, we know your plight.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join