It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisville police defend shooting of African man

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Seems like there was possibly some communication barrier here, as witnesses say the deceased didn't speak English too well.

Police aren't going to say anything else until Wednesday apparently. There is, supposedly anyway, video of the shooting. Even the FOP says it needs to be released.

There's also a story about it on daily mail, which I only include because the pictures in that article don't seem to align with the witness statement that the guy never swung the pole.

Have at it, ATS

www.usatoday.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
If it's true that the guy picked up a pole and started swinging it at the cop while he was questioning him about a supposed assault, then I'd say it's a justified shoot. From the pictures, it does seem to be what happened.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
If it's true that the guy picked up a pole and started swinging it at the cop while he was questioning him about a supposed assault, then I'd say it's a justified shoot. From the pictures, it does seem to be what happened.

Yes, swinging a pole at a cop is a justifiable kill shooting. We should all be dead.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

The video should be telling, at least in that regard.

I mean I suppose it's possible the guy was just doing a flag routine from his high school days, but the pictures don't seem to back up the whole "he wasn't swinging it" line.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

Yes, swinging a pole at a cop is a justifiable kill shooting. We should all be dead.

Why? I've never swung a 6 foot pole at anybody.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Crime is always high in the west end.. and in the south end sometimes. I find Louisville Metro Police to be VERY nice, and help you out.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I'm the last person that would defend a cop shooting someone for no reason, but it looks like the guy was trying to beat the cop with it. Common sense says when a cop is questioning you about an assault, you don't attack the cop with a weapon.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Me neither. But if I did, I should be dead, right???????

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Meh. I see where you're going with it.

I'm not interested in a jousting match. As entertaining as it might be for bystanders.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I'm not interested in a jousting match. As entertaining as it might be for bystanders.

A member approaches you with reason and logic and asks you a question and you say meh?

Must I remind you that this is your thread? Sure, just ignore anything that doesn't fit your agenda. Seems legit .
edit on 14-6-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Me neither. But if I did, I should be dead, right???????

It depends. Are you going to tell the person you're swinging the pole at that you're not going to hurt them? It's just how you roll.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: real_one

A member approaches you with reason and logic and asks you a question and you say meh?

Must I remind you that this is your thread? Sure, just ignore anything that doesn't fit your agenda. Seems legit .

Exactly what"reason and logic"is there in threatening an armed officer with a 7 foot pole?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: real_one

Is it? Oh crap I forgot!

Allow me to rephrase: if you pick up a 6 foot long metal pole outside of say, a LARP joust, you're probably going to get your ass handed to you by somebody else.

Was there an actual question in his comment that contained logic and reason? Apparently I'm not the only one that didn't see it.

As for my agenda? Same old refrain from the same old people.

Same old answer: check the post history. I have no problem calling it how it is, whatever side that is. But (and this is the really, really old part of the answer) I know that's inconvenient for cop haters so it gets ignored.

Talk about ignoring things that don't fit your narrative. Legit indeed

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Wait a second, was he African?

Or was he American?

If black Americans want to be treated the same as everyone else, why do they insist they be called something different?

Or is playing victim just too much fun?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
If you have read half of the OP's posts and replies to these sorts of situations, it is obvious there is no agenda. From my experience he sticks with the known facts and holds some of his opinions until all facts are presented.

It will be very telling to see the video to this. I think from statements from many different LEO agencies across the USA, many are scared. Many are scared of the repercussions even in a justified shooting, especially after all of the recent high profile cases.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoverBoy
If you have read half of the OP's posts and replies to these sorts of situations, it is obvious there is no agenda. From my experience he sticks with the known facts and holds some of his opinions until all facts are presented.

It will be very telling to see the video to this. I think from statements from many different LEO agencies across the USA, many are scared. Many are scared of the repercussions even in a justified shooting, especially after all of the recent high profile cases.

I am very familiar with said post history and said agenda which is why I had to point out their habitual deflections. It must be nice for one to be able to bury their head in the sand at will when approached with logic that counters their obvious agenda and obfuscation of facts.

Even their reply to my initial post was a loaded deflection.

They started a discussion, engaged a member, then decided to run away with their tail between their legs when asked to clarify their contradiction.

When they finally gathered the courage to respond, they left us all still wondering what the heck they meant, for me at least.

This post will probably get taken down as it focuses on the member instead of the topic, I hope you get a chance to read it before (if) it gets taken down.

I wish I had more to contribute to the topic but the OP leaves me doubtful in any civil debate that will lead to any actual questions being answered.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
No language barrier if you have a gun pointed at you. Suicide by cop to me.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

If you're still unclear as to what I meant, try reading it again.

You're obviously not remotely familiar with my post history. If you were, you'd know better. Then again, to you "I'll wait for more info" is akin to "I think everything is cool here I just don't have the balls to say it." Which, given the stance I've taken before, is unlikely.

That, or you ignore it because it's inconvenient to your own agenda.

So what it really boils down to is projection. You've contributed nothing whatsoever to the thread, other than to jump in and whine that I didn't answer a question in a manner you like. Then when the answer is clarified, purely to suit your own complaint, you say "nope still not good enough." Last I checked, you don't set the standards here do you? Nah. Too busy spouting the same old song and dance about my "agenda."

Ferguson shooting - justified in my opinion.

Garner choking death - not at all justified and frankly shocked that no indictment was handed down, much less the cop has a job.

Yep, that's a hell of an agenda I've got.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Yeah I have seen the full video of it. The cop tried to reason with him and he told him to stay at that spot but the guy walked away then tried to attack the cop with the pole. The cop didn't fire at him at first. It's when the guy tried to beat the cop up with the pole he shot him.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Was going to add that the video had been released today but I couldn't find an article with the video in it and then got sidetracked.

Seems pretty spot on to me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join