It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who brings a gun to a wedding?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

My husband did, yes, to OUR wedding and while in the church, Catholic church, when I found out he did I was soo mad

He was just making sure you didn't change your mind is all he was doing.

Just wondering if he ever told you why he had it in the first place?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
So where are the statistics on how many weddings there have been in the last year where there were firearms on site, but nobody had an accident?

I'm guessing the number is far higher than you'd suspect, but this guy is still a dunce.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Apparently one shot from the gun, five people injured.

Well it supposedly isn't something that can't happen...look at JFK.

Magic bullets are everywhere.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

He always had a guns, he was in the military at the time and always kept a small berretta with him at all times, I told him to leave it at his parents house, but he said he forgot and had it with him at the church.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

He always had a guns, he was in the military at the time and always kept a small berretta with him at all times, I told him to leave it at his parents house, but he said he forgot and had it with him at the church.

That is very understandable.

Hard to keep a man and his guns apart for to long.
edit on 14-6-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

The local news is now reporting that he 'reached into his pocket and the gun just went off'.

Anyone who has ever handled a handgun knows what a total pile of horses*** that is.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Krakatoa

The local news is now reporting that he 'reached into his pocket and the gun just went off'.

Anyone who has ever handled a handgun knows what a total pile of horses*** that is.

I totally agree here.Also obviously wasn't any type of security man unless stupidest on planet.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

Here you go, hot off the local presses:

Man who accidentally fired gun during wedding at Waldorf-Astoria handed gun off to brother; both charged with evidence tampering: police Source

Vladamir Gotlibovsky, 42, is identified as the handgun's owner.

edit on 14-6-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Thank you Augustus. The couple of names mentioned in the article don't sound american to me.Immigrants?
edit on CDTSunpm01261 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Don't BE REDICULOUS,THIS is 21st CENTURY AMERICA!
They are AR15 weddings now...

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thanks for the update

Note that it has gone from "playing with the gun" to "accident"

Story says that he reached into his pocket and it went off. I guess that means safety was off, one in the chamber, and the gun was cocked.

Just another reason to avoid weddings. You don't even have to be the groom anymore to get a sentenced to hard time.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
This guy, apparently..

Five people were injured Saturday during an accidental shooting at a wedding reception at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel, New York City authorities said.

A guest at the wedding was playing with a gun at about 7:20 p.m. when it accidentally fired, police sources told NBC 4 New York, stressing that their investigation is in a preliminary stage.

It's hard to defend the rights of gun owners when morons do things like this.

www.nbcnewyork.com...

Details are a bit short.

Where in the article or video does it say that this man was "Legally" carrying a firearm. Unless he is LEO or private security I highly doubt he is legally carrying a firearm in freeking NYC.

It is quite easy to defend legal gun rights when presenting evidence of possible illegal actions

edit on 14-6-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
Note that it has gone from "playing with the gun" to "accident"

Of course. What jacknugget is going to admit that they were toying around with a handgun?

Story says that he reached into his pocket and it went off. I guess that means safety was off, one in the chamber, and the gun was cocked.

The thing obviously did not go off because not even a moron carries around a pistol with the safety off, cocked and loaded.

This clown and his brother should both do some time. New York City has mandatory jail time for carrying an unlicensed firearm if he did not have one.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

This guy, apparently..

Five people were injured Saturday during an accidental shooting at a wedding reception at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel, New York City authorities said.

A guest at the wedding was playing with a gun at about 7:20 p.m. when it accidentally fired, police sources told NBC 4 New York, stressing that their investigation is in a preliminary stage.

He is most likely a cop....

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

This guy, apparently..

www.nbcnewyork.com...

Shotgun wedding,apparently....

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Is this a trick question?

The father of the pregnant bride of course.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This story reminded me of a similar incident in our region.
www.cbs12.com...

This guy shot his Mother! And it dang near killed her.
Fortunately, the sheriff's department finally let him go because this wasn't his first rodeo. Earlier in his career he had an accidental discharge that injured a fellow deputy.
www.wpsdlocal6.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

If ever there was a clearer case of "we need more laws against stupid", you'd have to travel a ways to find it...

That person is an idiot. Playing with a firearm? ...at a wedding? Seriously? I really hope someone punched him a few dozen times...

Just...wow. You can't fix stupid.
edit on 6/14/2015 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Gotlibovsky was arrested and charged with reckless endangerment, assault and tampering with physical evidence.

Some people are not stupid until alcohol takes over...then bam - stupid manifests him/herself. In this instance at a wedding reception at 1920hrs, playing with a gun - yep, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the idiot had half a skin-full of booze which is why it went from "gun at a wedding" to "5 people shot at a wedding"

Reckless endangerment: A person commits the crime of reckless endangerment if the person recklessly engages in conduct which creates a substantial risk of serious physical injury to another person.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Very true.

Guns and booze... That's a catastrophe waiting to happen.

The charges pending seem appropriate to the event.

Still and all...stupid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join