It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet Ceres shows the signs of an intelligent civilization based on photos

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I will admit, I haven't studied this as well as some others have but I looked at the recent pictures and the first thing that jumped out at me was this is signs of an intelligent civilization.

I'm not saying intelligent life lives on Ceres. I'm saying an intelligent civilization somewhere else was exploring the same planet we're exploring. As we start to explore these planets we need to look for signs of life but also signs that intelligent life from other planets may be exploring the same planets and may have left a mark.

If you look at the pictures, it looks like it may be some type of oil spill but it's a spill of whatever this other civilization used to power their probe or rover. It looks like something was leaking.

It even looks like there's tracks around the area and a dark exhaust around the area of the lights.

Wouldn't other civilizations find Ceres interesting if they spotted it and wouldn't they send a mission to Ceres like we have? It just jumped out at me but maybe it's just me.

dawn.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 13-6-2015 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

It's not just you, though i expect most of the following posts will be derisive, it should still be noted that isn't just you thinking that. I also expect the usual post kindly explaining what we already know, because why not repeat the definition of Pareidolia for the thousandth time.

Southern Hemisphere of Ceres

I wanna say Tower but that shadow shape just screams Loch Ness Monster....so who knows

Anyway, good luck dude.
edit on 13-6-2015 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I haven't seen any tracks or spills, and certainly no "signs of an intelligent civilization". Nice imagination, though.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Wouldn't surprise me if there was an oil spill on Ceres, BP likely has found a way to mess up two solar system bodies (if not more).
edit on 13-6-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Thanks, I already know the same "it can't be" crowd will pop up but I'm not concerned about them. They're no different than religious fanatics who can't see anything that doesn't agree with what they already believe.

I'm glad others see it as well. I'm not saying this is something definite but how can it be blindly dismissed?

link   

It is ice that was either exposed from underneath the crust from an impact, or the object hitting Ceres was a ball of ice. Take a step back and look at the formation. If it was intelligent life, it would have geometry and some sense of functional construction. I just don't see this here.
If you do the research, you will find other DAWN videos showing other craters with the same bright spots. Which leads me to believe that there is more ice underneath Cere's crust.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

the first thing that jumped out at me was this is signs of an intelligent civilization.

Please tell me what you're seeing there that jumps out at you? I simply don't see it. Not sure what it is, 'cause I lack the knowledge to inform my opinion.

I'd certainly like it to be...how cool would that be?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Kratos40

Why would it have geometry if it's just a spill of some kind?

Also, all I've read is speculation about ice and other explanations. If you have a NASA source that's more definitive I would like to see it.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Dark exhaust around the lights. If you have other pictures that show the same thing I would like to see it.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Dawn is still a long way out from its' final position. You're going to feel (and look) awfully silly when it gets closer and gets better data, and there's no spills or intelligent civilizations to be found. Time will tell.

+73 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Why would I look silly?

Because I dared to ask a question? If it isn't signs of life then it just isn't. Why would anyone feel silly about asking questions?

The person that should feel silly is the one who thinks it's silly to ask questions outside of their personal belief system.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

To be fair, i dont necessarily see signs of civilization but what i do see could constitute a small mining or research operation. Considering the environment any exploration would likely be similar to our own Rovers and i think anyone here could agree that its possible for us to land one on Ceres without too much wild effort. (Relatively speaking)

In lieu of wheels such technology may be hovering in nature if of alien design, but i could certainly picture us establish a drone mining facility on a distant body like Ceres.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

That's what I'm saying.

I'm not saying a civilization lives on Ceres but it could be signs of a civilization that visited Ceres in the past. If there are other civilizations out there and I agree with Stephen Hawking that alien life almost certainly exists, then why wouldn't those civilizations find some of the same planets interesting for exploration?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
flagg.....actually in the low angle pics the bright spots appear to be recessed.....

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

Why would I look silly?

Because I dared to ask a question? If it isn't signs of life then it just isn't. Why would anyone feel silly about asking questions?

The person that should feel silly is the one who thinks it's silly to ask questions outside of their personal belief system.

There's nothing at all silly or shameful about asking questions. This, however, is not a question:

I'm saying an intelligent civilization somewhere else was exploring the same planet we're exploring.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Of course it's a question and that's why I ended the post like this:

Wouldn't other civilizations find Ceres interesting if they spotted it and wouldn't they send a mission to Ceres like we have? It just jumped out at me but maybe it's just me.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

Why would it have geometry if it's just a spill of some kind?

Also, all I've read is speculation about ice and other explanations. If you have a NASA source that's more definitive I would like to see it.

Looking at the link you provided, I don't see any "oil spill". Are we looking at different pictures perhaps? I will gladly give you the NASA source:

JPL| Space Images| Settling in at Ceres

Enjoy, and look at the animated pictures further down the NASA page.

Why would an alien civilization be mining Ceres for "Oil" when Titan has a crap load of hydrocarbons available on its surface?
I'm sorry neo, you logic has failed this time.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Your pictures don't show anything different.

I never said they were looking for oil. You have to read what I said. I said it looks like an oil spill but the spill would be of whatever energy source they may use.

Nobody said anything about mining for oil.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

It was a science and power facility.

That's what blew up the planet that Mars once orbited.

I remember it like it was yesterday...

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Someone else did a thread on a Ceres close-up. In that thread, it seemed to me that there was some type of statue with its arms extended next to the light in the center; it may even be the light source. Zoom in on the light in the center and you'll see it: ctrl + z Windows or command + z on Mac.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join