It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Snowden DID Give Files to Russians, Chinese After All

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: WolfBytes

So Ghost, did Snowden have training from AE or LC? Or both? Just answer the question. Is he progeny from the CLUB? Can we both confirm his birthplace?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
North American Union

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

No more secrets! It's part of the beginning of the New World Order. Maybe it should also be kicked off with a week of festivities and people giving full confessionals and everybody getting naked in public!

LOL

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Let me say this for some of the more naive persons here - Snowden stole secrets and has given them to Russia and China - HE IS A TRAITOR TO HIS COUNTRY. He's not a hero, he's a traitor. There is no argument against that, it's a fact, whether you like it or not.

Now, again for the more naive and less knowledgeable - the files were encrypted already.
The traitorous fool Snowden didn't encrypt them himself. The newspaper article says that the Russians and Chinese 'hacked' the files. This doesn't mean that Snowden did his country a favour and encrypted them himself, it just means that they were already encrypted and the enemies of the USA have eventually managed to start breaking the encryption.

Snowden has put peoples lives at risk. Some of you people are so soft and clueless. Come into the real world, people.
He isn't a hero and he isn't a 'patriot', unless you count him being a hero of Russia and China for helping them along with their counter espionage strategies. Well done Edward.

edit on 14/6/2015 by iskander683 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: iskander683

Speculation is not evidence, Whom said Snowden "stole secrets?" In truth, he merely exposed the tricks used by the oppressors to invade privacy and enslave us all (tongue in cheek.)

edit on 14-6-2015 by WolfBytes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Now, it appears MI5 have had to move agents because Russian and Chinese security services have cracked the files Snowden gave them.

Security forces are always moving their agents , there is no evidence this has anything to do with Snowden.
I suspect the story is politically motivated.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: WolfBytes

Call me old fashioned if you like, but if you take something without the permission of the person/organisation that the something belongs to, you are stealing.........he stole secret files. Fact, not speculation my friend.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: RubberSky

Snowden is a patriot.

I don't know about that yet..Why is he lecturing us about the NSA and whatnot, while hiding under one of the most authoritarian regimes today? There's more to it than extradition, because I can think of quite a few nice places that would get you the same protection.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   

And this revelation comes only two days after a report which concluded that the UK's intelligence gathering is undemocratic and unnecessary...how convenient.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Kram09

snowden a man who risked his freedom to inform the world or obama with his secret trade deals no one can read.
so im calling snowden a hero.and im calling obama the traitor

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

... and after the recent Fed hack, the same Ruskies and Chinks now have all these spies exposed, with names, soc sec nrs and addresses ... which pretty much dwarfes any possible trouble which Ed might've caused.

The sum of all this = > complete re-wamp of the intelligence agencies needed - pronto
edit on 14-6-2015 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
can someone please explain why the spies names where not listed as cooks or cleaners or librarians,and the real names of the spies written in books kept in a safe at a military site,as books can not be hacked?????.

these are supposed to be our intelligence agencies ,this does not look very intelligent to me.
i agree with this

complete re-wamp of the intelligence agencies needed - pronto

edit on 14-6-2015 by stuthealien because: i spelt agencies ,agencys

(message for nsa/gchq ..your operatives spend many hours posting on ats,maybe you need to get your own houses in order first before posting more dis-info...)
edit on 14-6-2015 by stuthealien because: message

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Source

The Sunday Times also quoted a “British intelligence source” saying that Russian and Chinese officials would be examining Snowden’s material for “years to come”.

“Snowden has done incalculable damage,” the intelligence source reportedly said. “In some cases the agencies have been forced to intervene and lift their agents from operations to prevent them from being identified and killed.”

He should be deported then summarily executed. This is a pre emptive strike by the Russians and Chinese, the type of attack on intelligence that would start off WWIII.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I personally think Edward Snowden had help to get his position with NSA, and that the idea that he was a "lone wolf" working on behalf of the American people to expose Government programs is ridiculous.

Exactly. Snowden did not reveal anything that was not already common knowledge. He was a dupe designed to deliver false information to "The Opposition." Can anyone on ATS honestly say they didn't assume United States intelligence agencies spied on its own allies before Snowden said they did?

Edit to add: And yes, his motivation was treason, even though he was being played.

edit on 14-6-2015 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-6-2015 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: iskander683
Let me say this for some of the more naive persons here - Snowden stole secrets and has given them to Russia and China - HE IS A TRAITOR TO HIS COUNTRY. He's not a hero, he's a traitor. There is no argument against that, it's a fact, whether you like it or not.

Now, again for the more naive and less knowledgeable - the files were encrypted already.

The traitorous fool Snowden didn't encrypt them himself. The newspaper article says that the Russians and Chinese 'hacked' the files. This doesn't mean that Snowden did his country a favour and encrypted them himself, it just means that they were already encrypted and the enemies of the USA have eventually managed to start breaking the encryption.

Snowden has put peoples lives at risk. Some of you people are so soft and clueless. Come into the real world, people.

He isn't a hero and he isn't a 'patriot', unless you count him being a hero of Russia and China for helping them along with their counter espionage strategies. Well done Edward.

What this guy said....Period.
No other way to slice it plane and simple.....Traitor.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
So it appears that Edward Snowden DID give his stolen NSA files to the Chinese and Russian spy services after all.

No he didn't they were encrypted.

The UK security services have stated they had to move people because the Russians and Chinese have decrypted certain files. The evidence that this has happened is a big fat zero and will remain so.....after all it's a secret!!

However, unless you have been drinking from the naive bottle recently, the timing is crucial. 24 hrs earlier it becomes apparent from an official security review that there is balance to be made between state and people. If the government heeds the advice then less powers for the government! This review has only occurred because of the revelations by Snowden. Clearly no government wants to make Snowden look like the good guy so hey presto the Russians and Chinese just happen to have decrypted the files at the same time as the review !!!!

And you fell for this political distraction, and you are on ATS, shame on you.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
"One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter."

I think that applies almost perfectly to Snowden. Personally I don't think he's some great hero. I don't think he's nearly as altruistic as he would like people to believe. But, the problem for him is that once you admit "I did it for money" it's hard to play the folk hero card anymore.

The one thing I'll give him a smidgen of credit for is he doesn't, at least so far, appear to have put many lives at risk. I haven't heard anything about the proverbial "NOC list" or what have you. At least not until this OP.

Intelligence agencies move their people around any time there's a hint they've been burned. They don't like to leave them twisting in the wind because losing operatives and assets is bad for business.

And whomever it was that said all the agencies know all of each others secrets? That's pure fantasy. Pure and total fantasy. We don't even share information with our "allies" without jumping through hoops.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Firstly, your link is for a BBC website, that's BBC as in the most fair and unbiased media company in the world (sarcasm) and haven't we been through this before, What Snowden did was show the world how badly our privacy has been stolen from us and if I owned a private Island I'd be happy and proud to offer him a place to stay. The Media will go after him again and again because that's what they do. C'mon I know you cant be that naive to believe this right?

I dont mean to sound rude in anyway shape or form I'm just trying to get across my understand. There is no way in hell the BBC has ever fairly put out a story that wasn't trying to push theirs or the Governments own agenda. The news in the UK (I live in London) and the news across the world are not like they used to be, it's not about reporting the news as they are but about getting ratings and putting out what stories they want and spinning it how they want to.

America is probably the best at doing this, the amount of historical events that they've changed including how they claim credit for ending the war when in fact they only came in near the end after the British, French and a few other countries had already done most of the work (that'll get a reaction) and they will push this story until they can black ball Snowden and stop him from getting back into the country.

Snowden will never get back into the states and if I were him I wouldn't take any deal they offered because it will cost him his life. Dont be surprised if he is found with dead and either a fake suicide or a mugging or something.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join