It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love Is Only A Human Concept

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

If that memory is completed and returned to the universal memory, the upper spiritual consciousness does not have any lingering emotional response toward any human body.

Yeah I always figured that love was that force that is pulling us towards union, or that universal memory lying dormant in the soul (see Socrates' Theory of Recollection). Once that unity is reached, love is no longer a force acting upon you, because you are the fulfillment of love. Once you're done the race, you are no longer racing; likewise, this game of life we partake in is a game of love.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I can only speak from the last OBE I had, where my spirit soared into the cosmos, but the love force, for my family, became foremost in my experience thereby drawing me back to my body.

Now, after death, with the choice of returning to my body not an option, perhaps then the love force (experience - energy cords) would be put in the background, so my spirit can then merge into the 'all'.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
I can only speak from the last OBE I had, where my spirit soared into the cosmos, but the love force, for my family, became foremost in my experience thereby drawing me back to my body.

Now, after death, with the choice of returning to my body not an option, perhaps then the love force (experience - energy cords) would be put in the background, so my spirit can then merge into the 'all'.

You may have countless bodies with various attributes accross various spaces, worlds, times, and existances. So that being said our experience of love may very well be an infinate thing.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

If that memory is completed and returned to the universal memory, the upper spiritual consciousness does not have any lingering emotional response toward any human body.

Yeah I always figured that love was that force that is pulling us towards union, or that universal memory lying dormant in the soul (see Socrates' Theory of Recollection). Once that unity is reached, love is no longer a force acting upon you, because you are the fulfillment of love. Once you're done the race, you are no longer racing; likewise, this game of life we partake in is a game of love.

Love may be part of what its about, I think desire has alot to do with existance too, and love is a kind of desire amde manifest emotionally.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Love hurts...

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Thank you for reading and your kind thoughts.

What of giving up one's life for another out of love, and thereby negating spirit, body, survival and love itself?

Without giving your question the contemplation it deserves; which I will still do in silence in my own time since it got my mind ticking; my initial thought is this:

There are monks who set themselves on fire (Self Immolation) who do so based on a deeply held belief/ideology that they believe will benefit those who are living. Their conviction disguised as love can be seen as selfless and selfish at the same time. But, I personally would not label that love.

A person willing to sacrifice themselves in order to save another in a harrowing situation (Jack sacrifices self for Rose - Titanic) is to love another more than they love themselves in order for that other to go on. I see that as selfless love. A parent giving up an organ for their child to live indeed negates the innate will of survival that exist only within the human conditioning but not Spirit.

Death is inevitable in the temporal world. I view it as a sacrifice of time motivated by love and nothing more.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Ok dude your wrong about love its for all beings in creation and all experience it in varied degrees, some more than others. Oh and there are other beings in the universe who experience love too just to broaden your perspective a bit. Love is infinate and everywhere period.

...but I acknowledged that already in my OP. Read it again...

ETA: You do realize that in my OP I was NOT claiming only humans are capable of loving? You should read the OP instead of commenting based on the title. Swanne made the same ignorant mistake....

edit on 14-6-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: PrinceJohnson

I don't feel that it's at all necessary to tell you how I feel about the principle of love, I know that i'm going to have to spend the rest of my life expressing it one way or another, and I think that i'll accomplish more by expressing it in everyday language of words than on the keys of a keyboard.

Actions speak louder than words.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

You'd have to be an eejit not to love this world..I do, it's gobsmackingly beautiful overall, just the way it is.

I agree. It so beautiful in so many ways, especially within the natural landscapes. Some of us do not need to decorate pine trees with artificial lights in December as an act of unconsciously trying to remember what is still there... Some of us see that natural light emanating from all things (especially vegetation) all year round.

If you want to evoke spirits, go ahead, it's easy to do..just another comfort zone.

I channel my "Lower Spiritual Consciousness" or SELF.

“People are so alienated from their own soul that when they meet their soul they think it comes from another star system.” – Terence McKenna

...or mistakenly think they or others are channelling/evoking "spirits".

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

What response do you get when you are connected? What does it feel like, what emotional response do you have?

When I meditate deeply to the point of "remembering" that I am always connected to Self/Infinite Spirit/God, etc - I am in the Void.

In the Void, I am one with the absolute (since ALL is Self,) I experience a moment of liberation from the mind and bask in this sublimely blissful experience of the boundless pure consciousness which is a glimpse of ultimate reality. I become one with the Infinite Spirit/Self in deep meditation, and there are no images when in this detached state, but simply awareness of all that which is.

So, how does one experience a moment of liberation from the mind and yet recall such an experience....?

A: It is filtered through the mind and what I have described above is a fragmented memory of the experience.

...like being aware of having a dream at night when we awaken but unable to recall the details and emotions fully.

I cannot define love, but when I am connected to the Universal Conscious if feels like Love.

I feel you.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Kratos40

What about animals? At least the ones with bigger brains such as elephants, the great apes, ceteceans, and even dogs for example.
Perhaps love is universal. It is not just something ingrained in our genes for survival.

Please, my friend, read the OP fully before taking the time to comment.

My OP is NOT suggesting only humans are capable of loving.

What I am stating is this: Love is a concept that exist only within physicality...which includes all sentient Beings.

I have no doubt that animals experience the energetic cords and chemical responses I mentioned in my OP, but I'm tentative in labelling it "love". I state this as life long dog owner....

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Anadandan

You have accepted the precept that 'there is no such thing as love or conditional love on the spiritual plane' as unquestionable truth merely because it came to you one day when you were young.

I take everything with a grain of salt....even channelled insight from Self. And no; I do not accept because I received this (and much more) since a child. What an ignorant thing to state. I still gave you a star for that.

You were deluded then and you remain deluded now.

What a nasty minded thing to say. Where is your light?

However, having said that, it is your truth.

My truth? It my belief. My beliefs are being tweaked daily. However, what I know remains constant for obvious reasons.

I am not a psychologist. On reading your comments it seems that you are adverse to considering alternative views. Good luck with where you are going.

I entertain everything without having to accept it. You see my friend, I'm a snob. I'm not a daily commuter and my metaphysics has provided me with a very blessed life. Therefore, I find it very difficult accepting the insight from others who have only their beliefs and nothing more to show for it. I do have my mentors, but they too do not participate in the daily commute lifestyle. I find your statement ironic and hypocritical considering the tone and message of your post. Mr. Pot meet Mr. Kettle.

You have the gall to state:

You were deluded then and you remain deluded now.

Followed up with this:

On reading your comments it seems that you are adverse to considering alternative views.

Please...

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

Humans have a concept of it, but that concept is not it!

I agree.

Love is from the infinite, and will remain until eternity. The seeker of love escapes the chains of birth and death. Tomorrow, when resurrection comes, The heart that is not in love will fail the test. Rumi

This so resonates and is in alignment with my OP. In my OP, I forgot to put the last paragraph in quotations since it was the unaltered part of the channelling:

"Don’t be dismayed. Don’t be dismayed. Although there is no such thing as unconditional love on the spiritual plane, you can and should continue to seek and give love in all you do. It is part of your human condition and experience. It would be best though, if you recognized that the human condition is replaced by an overwhelming sense of inclusion in the universal consciousness. This sense of inclusion or being part of the universal consciousness is far more potent and all encompassing than the term love can ever imply."

This sense of inclusion or being part of the universal consciousness is far more potent and all encompassing than the term love can ever imply.

Again, love is only a Human concept.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: starswift

If love is intellectual then it is a concept.
So you could skip you logical calisthenics as that is the total logical fallacy of you lengthy argumentation.
Of course, on a practical level, love is an experience not of the intellect.
And there you have it folks...
A conundrum that can only be solved by... love.
Don't worry, you have all of eternity to figure it out.
Just don’t suffer your brain when it is your heart that your after, something you ego will surely fail to grasp as it is a logic machine.
Your true self get's it, though. It is before thought begins, but not antithetical to it.
The truth is simple.
Too simple for the ego.
But not for the heart.
The truth shall set you free.
Go forth and prosper.

I reweighed what you said after my initial comment.

One can either "Be it" or "Know it" but one cannot experience both at the same time.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

LOVE Energy can be viewed as a human concept
but 1 is not sure it the ENERGY labeled and perceived as Love
here, is only a human associated based energy.

The Energy of Love can and is used to nurture a species-
The nurturing by genetically having some of the/a species
Protected and or consciously assisted like wild life whales are protected by humans
and consciously assisted like intelligent life is on this planet by
Higher intelligence based energy forms
Energy forms that may not fit into the physical fully
but can manifest incarnate-reincarnate within the physical and or even transmigrate
from their potentially more metaphysical
SPIRITUAL? Higher selves bodies and regions.

To come be as you or something that can help you to assist you.

This may not be labeled love but is the Energy associated with LOVE.

Example LORD JESUS CHRIST
Not fully human from data recorded and shared in Religious text and archaeological finds.
Possible Inter-Ultradimensional being
So not tied entirely into the physical perceived HUMAN boundaries of Awareness.
Came here FROM ? a potentially more spiritual location that may have physical regions
where spirit growth is WATCHED and developed (why those souls-spirits-internal energies are carrying their more dense CREATOR Creation forms)
And also from locations that may also carry more meta like regions where the ASCENDED spirits have inhabitance eventually.

Is said to of came here and LOVED misguided lost Human Souls and attempted to TEACH humans consciously how to Love themselves more in order to overcome the powerful structures that were-are governing their souls and reality perceived.
Was attacked and perceived killed for doing these Loving deeds to help man he got to encounter by some men in power who felt threatened by his presence in their regions of inhabitance and influence.
Then Rose and eventually Ascended back to where?
After leaving some meta data to his brethren and also left a GHOST to help which to 1 is also more LOVE Energy.

This is just one of many examples of LOVE Energy, demonstrated by LORD JESUS CHRIST. That yes from another more Alien perspective may not even include the actual word or spelling LOVE but may reflect exactly what the LOVE energy is…

And so therefore can be understood on various dimensional levels of intelligence when reflected.

To teach to 1 is also a form of LOVE energy, when the teaching is done to assist the physical as well as spiritual advancement and development of a CREATOR Creation.

Especially when the Teacher can future see a potential CREATOR Creations physical life or entire species outcomes and how they will end up once they transition from the physical into the Spiritual Mental…
So that teacher is showing LOVE if not unconditional love by alerting/Teaching and attempting to Guide some, more into safer regions of Existence where the less physically dense Spirit-Soul-Internal Energy may be the more bases for existence primarily.

Why did LORD ENKI TEACH modify - upgrade ancient man?
It makes no sense for he to teach some beings totally ignorant of he and his abilities to manipulate them just so that those same beings later look at he as evil after being taught the knowledge of good and evil from he?
1 would think that if THE was of evil intent and not scientifically more aware of the HUMAN physical and metaphysical ANIMILIA energy then the would of just left the more ancient animal human mind alone, as it would of been easier to manipulate the species over all.

Yet what was shared Knowledge in order to teach the NU genetic modified Human still animilia but more intelligent of good and evil. Which would help the taught to see when evil encounters them. And also recognize when they the taught are being evil themselves.
Making it hard to manipulate the more aware human species why establishing a conscious foundation for humans to think and behave with their new minds…

So though ALIEN to HUMAN the Energy of LOVE was still transferred as intelligence. Again the word or even name love may not be used from some alien or spiritual perspectives and 1 can understand as the ENERGY of LOVE may carry many different names based on those experiencing and labeling it…

The Energy of LOVE is still potentially Universally the same

NAMASTE*******
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I sense a diffraction ; )
Perhaps you could say the human understanding of love is evolutionary as we are social beings we have involved an inclusive social conception of love as a form of group cohesion and biological survival. If you were a sea cucumber you might express the idea differently...

edit on 14-6-2015 by starswift because: why?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Love is a human word for a sensation and emotion. It's universal, animals feel it as well as humans. We, however, are probably more aware of it.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

originally posted by: InTheLight

You may have countless bodies with various attributes accross various spaces, worlds, times, and existances. So that being said our experience of love may very well be an infinate thing.

I certainly do not discount that alternate view, after all, many of our finest, most "shining stars" physicists believe in multi-dimensions, multi-universes, why would we not be able to transverse that realm as pure spirit, pure energy?
edit on 14-6-2015 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I certainly do not discount that alternate view, after all, many of our finest, most "shining stars" physicists believe in multi-dimensions, multi-universes, why would we not be able to transverse that realm as pure spirit, pure energy?

I subscribe to this view with a slight twist. I view everything as Self. Therefore, there are approximately 7 Billion alternative versions of YOU right here within this Earthly realm experiencing life as individualized points of awareness. One can include Nature right down to sub-atomic particles as versions of self along with everything that exist within the cosmos and in all the dimensions (layers or dominions of Mind).

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Our experience of love is a human concept, yet, from my own personal non-temporal experiences, I have found that interpenetration and interconnectivity allows for the concept to no longer arise until it (love) is needed or used as a tool.

Love is a verb....an action/expression. To call it Love is an abstraction. It is human consciousness trying to project its own limitations onto the Spirit/Energy.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Good thinking, and well articulated. Thanks for writing.

What of giving up one's life for another out of love, and thereby negating spirit, body, survival and love itself?

Survival of community is ultimately survival of self. Maybe not survival of YOU, but could easily have been. Studies show people who live in communities live longer, for example. What's better, a community of thieves who do not produce anything and slowly perish from cannibalising each other, or a community of people who try to find a balance between their own desires and the hard facts of life which force htem to occasionally work with others and protect their community?

Look at an ant colony. The warriors which sacrifice themselves--to principally protect the queen--are helping to ensure the next generation of ants will proceed. Without this action, chances are much higher there'll be NO next generation. If a warrior has even a microgram of selfishness, they must understand without this action they probably wouldn't exist. But, being an ant, it's probably instinctive. Humans, on the other hand, probably build more mental bridges to arrive at this conclusion.

And also it's true yesterday and true today cowards die a thousand deaths while the brave only die once. And a coward who turns away from sacrificing some of themselves for the community will be ostracised and likely NOT live a long happy life, as being essentially an outcast is not a desirable state. Even in hollywood these rules matter. Arnold Swarzenneger said one of the reasons he became governor was to "give back". Bingo. Even if he or others like him are selfish, they at least know hte rules.
edit on 15-6-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join